Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian apologetics
Is It Wrong to Judge?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saved_by_Grace_Ministries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:48 am
Is it Wrong to Judge?
by Mark Spence
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef3P97nz0lU&feature=relmfu

Relativism is the philosophical position that all points of view, no matter how strange or ridiculous they may seem, are equally valid. And that all truth is left up to the individual to define.

This means that all moral positions, all religious systems, are truths that are relative to each individual. In other words, there are no right and wrong answers to anything.

It's easy to recognize relativism because most of the statements sound intellectual; but at the second glance, they make no sense. They are self-refuting. They go something like this: "You can't know anything for sure." "You shouldn't judge." "You cannot know anything." "What is true for you is not truth for me."

Now the easiest way to refute statements like those is just to turn it back around.

Quote:
You cannot know anything for sure.

Are you sure of that? Are you sure that you cannot know anything for sure?

Quote:
You shouldn't judge.

Is that your judgment? If you shouldn't judge, then why are you judging my judgment?

Quote:
Nobody is right.

Are you right? Are you right that nobody is right? If you are right that nobody is right, then you are wrong about nobody being right. Then who's right?

Quote:
What is true for you is not truth for me.

That's true. And what is true for me is that you are wrong. So who's right?

So next time when you are comforted with that relativity nonsense, just turn it around. Question their logic and help them to realize that their point of view doesn't make any sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:41 am
I personally don't judge others because they sin differently than I do. By nature of being a human, I'm a sinner, you're a sinner, the guy who lives across the street is a sinner.

All I can do is try my best and have faith that God will forgive me. If a person has faith and struggles with sin and asks me for my help, I will help them. I prefer not to judge others because I don't know their heart. God knows the trajectory of their heart (whether they are moving toward or away from Him) and therefore, in my opinion, is the only force qualified to judge another person's deeds.  

Ophelias Bathwater

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100
Christian apologetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items