Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Customable Items/Scars slots/openings -see pg 4- Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like to this happen?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 57 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Other option - Post in the thread~
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 65

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:36 pm
So I wanted to suggest that the custom items slots/ scars become a more frequent thing. Maybe be added into the colorist rotations. There seems to be a demand for it and whenever the slots open now they always fill and have over flow.

I’m suggesting this for a couple reasons. Sometimes in an RP something big happens when a horse might give a mate something precious or if could be a life changing point for a horse or even a herd signifier.

I know that I'm starting a herd for my Lutra and I have gotten a lot of feed back from people and I've had some that are hoping to get lanterns added to their horses for specific ranks. And I'd really hate to see people waiting possibly a year or longer for it to happen.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm
I would absolutely love more slots. I know I have a few warrior/knight soq that I would love to get armor for for plot purposes and a few soq I'd like to get something special for just cause they're my favourites. c: And then there are some that have had show downs and I'd like to get the scars to show that. /nodnod/

So, yeah. I support this and I would like to see it as part of the colourists' rotation.  

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Phoenix_soarys

Romantic Hunter

10,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:40 pm
this would be awesome,
It's hard to try to keep track WHEN slots open for who... and who allows WHAT in those slots..  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:09 pm
I'd love to see this happen as well, there are some reasons like role play and sometimes certain items could be handed down or given. It would be a very nice thing if this were to take place, I would really enjoy it <3  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 pm
Thumbs up here as well, one of my soquili has been through a battle and has been given a gift from his adoptive father. I hope to make him an elder one day and want these pieces to signify what he has had to endure.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 pm
Also would love to see these happen more!  

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SylverStar

High-functioning Counselor

17,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 am
For some reason I feel hesitant about this. I feel there are already plenty of edits in this shop and it would add to the colorist workload which already seems to be high.

On that note I think I only remember seeing one or two like this since I've been part of this shop. And think it would be cool to see more.

I think if this was something that happened more...it should have good reasoning behind it...or maybe be an rp perk kind of thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:56 am
i <3 this idea for RP reasons  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

LunaRei_SilverBlood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 am
SylverStar has a good point. I personally think the shop has gotten a bit edit crazy and I tend to avoid extreme edits. But if you look at how the slots are currently set up you can add one larger item or a couple smaller things. I think that's reasonable expectations. These slots aren't for someone to essetianlaly recustom their horse. But to add something.

I think the idea of being an RP perk is nice. But those that aren't Rping shouldn't be penalized either. Just because someone has more time to RP out a gift being given or a battle doesn't make it more important then when people plot out the same thing. But to try and regulate it, they could offer more RP slots rather then non rp as an option.

And I am concerned about the work load. Maybe this could be something the Fam colorists do. Or the regulars do on an every other month basis when they do customs. So if they normally have to do 5 horses in a custom, they take 3 - 4 and then do a couple Item slots every other custom month.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 am
This is something that I would love to see. With Neva getting herself into a bit of trouble here and there...and well...everywhere she goes. The harpy encounters, the future encounter with Roniel's elder skinwalker, I'd love to have the scars of those events for her. A reminder of what she went through. Especially since I'm aiming for eldership for her. It would be a really nice touch.  

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:28 am
I do not want this to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see custom items open more often. I would even more love to see an expansion of the trading post items - the summer event was a great nod in that direction. I, personally, think lanterns would be a great item for the TP to have regularly.

But colorists are already constantly getting behind on their 'regular' duties. Because real life happens, or there are events, or they're just overworked. I love that it is an option for them if they would like to do that. But I think making it a requirement will just make it where things happen even less frequently as they struggle to keep up.

I'd much rather see a regular, monthly flaffle. I'd love if customs opened at least once every other month. I'd be thrilled if there was at least one breeding every month. Until those things are happening regularly, the things that are basic foundation stuff for the colorists, I don't want anything else added to their work loads.

There need to be more options for people to get soquili - particularly unedited pretties. Right now, there is so much push for the edits - the special 'no one else has this' that there is little out there that isn't edited in some way. Which just means it takes even longer for colorists to manage a breeding. Which means there are fewer of them because the colorists look at how much work they are and their busy lives and know they can't manage to open the slots and get things done on time.

I want to see us, as customers, being willing to love the amazing work they do, without constantly pushing them to do bigger, more complex, over the top ridiculous edits. I want to see us supporting them, not constantly telling them that what they do isn't good enough.

Everyone wants something special. Everyone wants to look at their Soq and know it is unique. I understand that. And I understand wanting to see a result from an RP in which you put in a lot of time, work, emotion. So become and elder, when the lines are upgraded, you get to ask for edits from RPs.

And in the mean time - help each other get something special. I mean, how many of you have taken the time to nominate for the spotlight awards? Make that a habit. Make doing the things that you - as customers, as players, as a community - can do a priority.

The staff, the colorists, the managers - they all work very hard for us. Take time to say thank you. Congratulate them, be grateful to them, take what workloads you can and make them lighter. Start a thank you thread, organize a 'secret staff santa' for them - something.

Be happy when that special slot opens - when you can get that rare thing that you've been wanting. And until then, have fun. Plot and play and enjoy. That's what this place is about. Not about the constant need for something new and different.

If you go anywhere else in the b/c you won't find another shop that works as hard to cater to the customers, that listens as hard or does as much. We get so much here. Be grateful for what we have, for the special opportunities that are opened occasionally for us. Because that is such a rare and amazing thing.

I understand the desire. I also understand the work load the colorists are already under. What you ask isn't a simple thing. It is something that is being done for us, almost as a gift from the colorists who reach out with those opportunities. Accept that gift, it is an amazing thing - don't demand more.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:31 am
I like the idea of more slots like this, however, I agree that it should be RP required. I understand that it may put some people out who are unable to RP, or who choose not to, but it almost seems to me that people would request add on custom items because their breeding didn't get an accessory they want. In my opionion, that sounds kinda greedy, almost as if your not happy with how the foal came out. These slots would also render unedited Soq less appreciated because anyone could essentially be customed to whatever the owner wants.

Keeping the slots as RP perks only, it forces owners to actually work for the item they want.

Also, this is a general post, and not directed at the OP, or anyone involved in the duscussion, just my opinion.  

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:48 am
Last I checked, this was already something that happened occasionally when certain artists had already finished their workloads. It's an option to take on more work if they would like to.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:01 am
LydaLynn
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see custom items open more often. I would even more love to see an expansion of the trading post items - the summer event was a great nod in that direction. I, personally, think lanterns would be a great item for the TP to have regularly.

But colorists are already constantly getting behind on their 'regular' duties. Because real life happens, or there are events, or they're just overworked. I love that it is an option for them if they would like to do that. But I think making it a requirement will just make it where things happen even less frequently as they struggle to keep up.

I'd much rather see a regular, monthly flaffle. I'd love if customs opened at least once every other month. I'd be thrilled if there was at least one breeding every month. Until those things are happening regularly, the things that are basic foundation stuff for the colorists, I don't want anything else added to their work loads.

There need to be more options for people to get soquili.

I agree with this part 110%  

Ktns

Lunatic

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am
Ktns
LydaLynn

There need to be more options for people to get soquili.

I agree with this part 110%

Yeah, I agree with these parts, too.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas