Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Customable Items/Scars slots/openings -see pg 4- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like to this happen?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 57 ]
No
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Other option - Post in the thread~
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 65

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:09 pm
saedusk
Ktns
LydaLynn
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see custom items open more often. I would even more love to see an expansion of the trading post items - the summer event was a great nod in that direction. I, personally, think lanterns would be a great item for the TP to have regularly.

But colorists are already constantly getting behind on their 'regular' duties. Because real life happens, or there are events, or they're just overworked. I love that it is an option for them if they would like to do that. But I think making it a requirement will just make it where things happen even less frequently as they struggle to keep up.

I'd much rather see a regular, monthly flaffle. I'd love if customs opened at least once every other month. I'd be thrilled if there was at least one breeding every month. Until those things are happening regularly, the things that are basic foundation stuff for the colorists, I don't want anything else added to their work loads.

There need to be more options for people to get soquili.

I agree with this part 110%

Yeah, I agree with these parts, too.

I also agree with this part it does sound very logical.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:28 pm
I also have to agree with LydaLynn. The staff does already cater to us a tremendous amount. The fact that slots for custom items even open up occasionally is something to be thankful for. Forcing the colorists to open up item slots will only make them want to do them less.

Honestly I would rather see the normal rotations happen. Customs, breedings, and flatsales getting back on track and being done on time. Maybe even some occasional games. Because of the amount of edits already in this shop, I feel that unedited ponies get little love as it is. I feel that most of the ponies on the LR require some sort of edit as a requirement for even making an offer.

Instead of demanding more from the colorists, why don't we stand back and consider what we already have and be grateful for it? As Bee said, the custom items are already being implemented and while they might not happen all of the time, that is what makes them special. If they were offered as often as regular items they would lose their meaning and only contribute to the number of edited Soquili already in the shop.

So thank you staff for putting in all of the hard work that you already have. The summer event was amazing and the amount of work that was put into it was even more extraordinary than I would have ever expected.  

CheshireKttty

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:44 pm
I think this thread got a little onto the topic of 'MORE CUSTOMS, MORE BREEDINGS' rather than item slots.

Obviously, given how things are right now in terms of activity, this isn't something that can happen until everything is back on track. If they can't do regular customs and breedings, they definitely don't have the time to do a few custom items.

But, in the event that customs and breedings are back to normal then I think this could be implemented. It could even be made part of the rotation colourists have. Perhaps it could be in the freebies month; a few freebies and a few custom items, since freebies don't have to be edited. Or it could be instead of their freebies. Like 1 month is freebies, 1 month is custom items.

I don't think they should be RP required. This shop isn't RP required. Customs aren't RP required. Familiars aren't RP required. There could be perks for Rping your item being given. Like a discount. There can be RP'd slots. But it shouldn't be something that those who don't have the time to RP get excluded from.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:01 pm
I didn't really think it was about "OMGIWANTMYPONYEDITED!!" The only reason I want something like that is so that scars inflicted during a battle scene can actually appear on the horse. Like I said, I would like him to be an elder one day so it actually has rp purposes more than anything else. So that I don't have to keep poking people and saying, heyo he has scars here, here and here. It has nothing to do with being elitist and wanting all edits. At least, not for me. I could care less if it even passes down or has the slightest influence over his offspring. It is something that has happened to him and I would like to show it. If that makes sense. XD I agree it should wait until everything is settled, and maybe not be a regular thing, but I would definitely like to see them. Besides, wasn't one of the rules that the item couldn't be bigger than the horse's head? So it isn't like you can get full body armor or anything. And yes, it would be optional for colorists, not mandated.  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

pinkdog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 pm
Well, it terms of the colorists first getting caught up on everything that is already owed, of course that needs to take precedence... but having more item slots? That would be great!

But in general? yes, this would be really loved and appreciated. As the colorists are already always busy.. why not just hire someone devoted to making items? There are certainly an endless amount of people that are talented and would love to work for Soq. This would prevent the colorists from being overwhelmed and could be put in the actions sooner rather than later.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:45 pm
What about adding scars to the Items Slots
I don't agree with adding armor... because if you really wanted it... you kinda should have added it in the first place?

but maybe having someone template a few scars for items slots...  

Phoenix_soarys

Romantic Hunter

10,275 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 pm
First off, I agree with Lyda as well.

I think that scars could be added to regular TP items as additions, and I'd be totally fine with that.

To clarify I went back and did some research....

I went to Hearts TP shop, and linked to Minds original thread. There was one rule, where if stipulated, would change my stance on the subject... I guess clarification on this would be helpful, since I don't see it as a current rule for custom items.

mindsend

So far the rules are

You will not be able to buy more then two items at a time
Items cannot be be larger then the soquili's head

The short, small items are ok, armor, cloaks, scarves, capes, and larger items should not be allowed.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:34 pm
Mind okayed scarves the last time I checked, they are more lengthy than bulky so I can see that being alright.  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:34 pm
Why shouldn't larger items be allowed if a colourist is willing to do them? o_o;

Most of the items Heart did were larger than the Soquili's head. Yalie's pelt for example.

As for 'I don't agree with adding armor... because if you really wanted it... you kinda should have added it in the first place?'

The two soquili I want to get armor for were not customs. They were pre-made. Their characters happened to end up being warriors and I would like to get them some armor for RP purposes.

Unless I paid the cost to re-custom them (and waited however long it took to get slots for the both of them), custom items are the only way I can do this.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:53 pm
Just something minor from me, but depending on the colorists, rules can change. Besides Lolly's girl's pelt, I also did a body sash for one and a hood for another.

I'm not sure about Minds, but for mine, I did have a slot for larger items.

As for scars... There are different scars that people want, in which all are do-able, just kind of odd in my head. Exact reasoning unknown as of now because I'm sleepy XD

(( The shop is actually kind of short-staffed at the moment with current junior/senior colorists being bullied by RL or poofing. So I personally think it's possible, just... When life is nice? XD ))

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Agneza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 am
You all have a good point but keep in mind to let colorists decide if they do want to participate in making custom items.

I for one am not interested nor do I want to work on custom items. If I do decide to make some item that is not going to be part of specific soquili than I rather make it available to everyone.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 am
I'm all about the 'be grateful when it happens, don't demand more.'

Also - with the shop so understaffed - will the hiring thread be reopening soon?  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:22 pm
In response to that laat question Lyda, we are working on our skills as current colorists at all levels to.increase the number of junior.colorists before reopening the hiring thread, since reopening would mean more rookies as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:00 pm
I beg to differ. There were a number of very skilled and talented artists that applied last time. Some edits were to die for. However, they were overlooked because of some current and past staff’s personal issues with them. It’s not a matter of people moving up from rookie after practice, or people who are not good enough not applying. It’s a matter of hiring people who are good at what they do, and having an owner and management that listens to their own Q&A of “Even past drama can apply and will be considered equally”.

In the end, there are and were still questionable people hired that have and had issues with quality, filling their quota or even finishing work they owed. Reopening wouldn’t mean new rookies across the board if the people hiring dropped their outrageous expectations and grudges. Until that happens, hiring can be opened time after time, that doesn’t mean anything will change or that suddenly the Breedables Forum will come flooding with brand spanking new amazing artists that are willing to work in such a chaotic and dramatic shop. I think this shop has the worst turn over of artists I have ever seen, and lately it seems they are really cutting their nose off to spite their face.  

Lemon Juice - 3 Percent

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:37 am
My comment was not directed at anyone's personal skill level. I was drawing attention to the level of new hires, and the stages the shop has required colorists to go through historically in ordee to best serve its customers with quality work.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff