Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I always feel awkward when older men lecture me on women....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:04 pm
And marriage. Like, "Oh you're such a nice young man, you're gonna have girls all over you and you're gonna meet a great women and have a nice marriage"
And I'm just like:
neutral
Little do they know... I wonder how they would react if they found out the truth.

Have you ever been in these situations in or out of the closet? How did you feel or react?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:56 am
Yes and it sucks, I just smile and try to cut off the conversation as soon as possible. I get a little pissed though, why the ******** does asume I'm straight???  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 am
I'm always tempted to introduce them to Annette and Rosie and explain polyamory- but I never would.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:36 pm
im only bi and am already married to a man. but my grandmother keeps telling me where to find nice men for when my marraige falls apart rofl she seems to think that since she has had an "interesting" love life and men are disposable that i will follow in her footsteps  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Terra Heighman

Friendly Lunatic

7,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:02 pm
I totally relate....my family's very religious (for the most part) so me coming out to them will only be an option when I live a few states over or so and am financially independent. :-/  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 pm
Esiris
I'm always tempted to introduce them to Annette and Rosie and explain polyamory- but I never would.
rofl  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:58 pm
I can understand your problem. I seem to talk to distant family members or older people who say I will be such a great husband to a fine woman one day. Of couse I'll be a fine husband for my man though >.>  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:29 am
I usually just say something like "yeah, I don't think that's going to be an issue" and move on to a different topic.  

Purple Robot Queen

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:35 am
i've been suffering this all week long with the visitors my grandparents are hosting.
every.
single.
day i see them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:23 am
Generally, it all makes me happy that my parent's aren't expecting grandchildren one way or the other, since I ******** hate kids and I don't really want a family no matter what gender my partner.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:33 am
                    i hate it when this happens, but it's more along the lines of people assuming that i want to marry someone and all that- mainly because they'll start to talk about having children, and then it will dissolve into some awkward sex ed thing.

seriously.

this has happened at least three times.

but really, the whole "marry a nice boy" thing just gets on my nerves because
                    a.) yes, i am panromantic, but really, i'm more romantically (and aesthetically) attracted to girls more than boys or people who are outside the gender binary.
                    b.) despite the fact i do experience romantic attraction, i have no interest in dating. at all.

and then there's the whole dissolving into an awkward you're-not-the-health teacher-or-my-parents-why-are-you-doing-this "sex ed" discussion. which mainly revolves around the person to tell me to save myself for marriage or crap like that (this is around the time when i try not to crack up or blush crazily- often both). and really, that's the part that ticks me off more than anything- people assume everybody at some point want sex! that, and they have the nerve to go around and try to lecture people on how they should and shouldn't act sexually.

so basically, where i live those conversations are one of the most awkward and embarrassing things around.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games