Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Would you date a transman/transwoman? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you date a transman/transwoman?
  Yes
  No
  Depends on the person
View Results

jaysuss

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:32 am
I'm pretty curious about this, especially when it comes to all of the exclusively homosexual people here.
Why, or why not?

Personally, I would date a transman, but not a transwoman. This is purely because I am attracted to men. Easy enough.
I'm not a very sexual person so there's no issues with genitalia for me... plus, if I like someone enough I wouldn't give a damn either way. I wouldn't really care about the stage of transition either, though I must say that I would prefer them to be on testosterone for some time because I love body hair and deep voices.
Personality would be a HUGE aspect. I'm not into politics or the LGBT scene at all, really. I'll go to a gay bar once in a while but I'm not the type of person who is active. Just not me. So that would more than likely be the deciding factor. I know a lot of transmen who are very, very political, and very much feminists... I don't think I could handle that.

I asked this question (only in regards to transmen) on another guild for gay/bi men and the results didn't surprise me very much. Only two out of around 9 said they would give it a go. The rest said no, and one even said they are against transsexuals in general.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:02 pm
A transman possibly... after le grand operacion that turns me into a woman. But if the person had any male biology at all I probably couldn't ever be more than friends with the person, to be disappointingly honest.

I generally prefer people who have 2 X chromosomes, Y chromosomes are a turn off. ^^;

That probably makes me sound mean. sad  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

2Cute2BStraight

Shameless Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:13 am
If I had a genuine connection with the person, I don't think it would matter much to me.. Then again, I'm not exactly keen on the idea of being with someone male (even if they are mid-transition).. Male parts may be a deal breaker as sad as that is sad  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:04 am
I think I could date a transman if I was interested in him enough.

I've been attracted to some tumblr trans people in the past xp  

Hiten and his poison

Shy Noob

7,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am
I'm a transman, and I've dated one other tansman in my life so far - honestly, I really don't care what you have equiped or don't
Ultimately it all comes down to personality  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 pm
Being bigender myself, I hate to say this, but there was a point in time where I would not have dated a transwoman
It was a selfish idea I had years ago that I'd rather be with a man, so I'd miss the fact that she was born a man
And then when I started to develop a brain and stop being so ignorant, I realized that what's important is on the inside and it's better for someone to be able to be who they really are

By the way, the worst part was that I would have dated a transman...just not a transwoman... emotion_facepalm

These Grim Secrets

KissxMexDead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 pm
For me,being a bisexual,I don't care whether its a transgender woman or man.Personality and connection are the real important points I look for.If i was dating someone that was changing their gender,I wouldn't care.It doesn't change WHO they are,it just changes WHAT their bodies "contain",whether that be male or female parts.I would still love the person unconditionally and fully support them if thats what made them happy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 pm
These Grim Secrets
Being bigender myself, I hate to say this, but there was a point in time where I would not have dated a transwoman
It was a selfish idea I had years ago that I'd rather be with a man, so I'd miss the fact that she was born a man
And then when I started to develop a brain and stop being so ignorant, I realized that what's important is on the inside and it's better for someone to be able to be who they really are

By the way, the worst part was that I would have dated a transman...just not a transwoman... emotion_facepalm

I personally don't believe that anyone has any obligation to date anyone, so it doesn't sound bad at all... when it comes down to it, people have preferences, and it isn't ignorance to not want to date someone who doesn't fit your "type", so to speak. To some people genitals are important, to others they're not. In the end, as long as you're attracted to the person fully, that's what matters. Not forcing yourself to be attracted to someone even though you aren't.  

jaysuss

Newbie Hunter

Kayden_Phoenix2013

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 am
Newbie Hunter
I personally don't believe that anyone has any obligation to date anyone, so it doesn't sound bad at all... when it comes down to it, people have preferences, and it isn't ignorance to not want to date someone who doesn't fit your "type", so to speak. To some people genitals are important, to others they're not. In the end, as long as you're attracted to the person fully, that's what matters. Not forcing yourself to be attracted to someone even though you aren't.
I agree completely. I, myself, am a transwoman in the process of changing gender and have dated both men and women because I am attracted not to what the body looks like, but rather the personality of the person. Unfortunately, I have been a bad judge of character in my attempts at a relationship. Mainly it is because I just feel the need to be loved and have a habit of falling too quickly for anyone who shows even the slightest bit of compassion for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 am
It totally doesn't matter to me whether the person is a transwoman or a transman. It's the character that is most important. Besides, I think that it's admirable that a person has the courage to go the way they think is best for them.  

Reik8

sicklikeasickle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:45 am
I would date a person who's trans*, I don't see any problem about it. That is if I was to date anyone since I usually am not very interested in people at all in that sense.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:30 am
I'd have no problem dating other transmen. It'd be nice, in fact, since they'd understand what it's like.

I wouldn't date a transwoman, firstly because I'm not attracted to women and secondly, because of that, I'd start trying to see them as a man, and that would be unfair and unkind to them. Always a recipe for a trouble, trying to make yourself attracted to someone you're not, no matter who they are.  

Sheryl Lamoureux

Sparkly Reveler

6,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:24 pm
I prefer woman right now so I think I would be unfair to a transman b/c I'd like him for whatever remaining womanish features he has. I think its my hormones sometimes but I really like guys that dress up as girls in Visual Kei Japanese rock bands. I.E. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSbAWq8YReI  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm
I know a lot of trans people who are really into the feminist thing too. I'm completely not. Not to say I'm a misogynist or anything, I'm just not political and don't like the 'scene'.

Anyway, back to the question. No, I wouldn't.
I've dated a trans woman before, who was in the early stages of transition and we were read as a gay male couple by most people, which was awkward for me. Also, I don't like being reminded of trans issues all the time and coming face-to-face with things that bother me so much about myself.

████████████████████

Enigmatised

Friendly Explorer

SnakeShark1987

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 pm
I would date a trans man or women. If I love that person that should be enough right there.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff