45%  [ 15 ]
I don't care I just want a/another Soquili
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:54 am
So, Ive been reading the Items/Scars thread a little bit, and I think Jet pointed out something that would be nice and vaild for Soq. Especially since there seem to be some complaints over time with the quality of work vs quantity, and some other random gripes about quality, why don’t we have a way to deal with quality assurance in Soq? Not sure a public thread would be good since its not always cool to call people out like that, but on the other hand its pretty apparent that these issues arent always dealt with in house either.

Im not really here to present an idea of what we *should* do, but perhaps some others have ideas? It seems to be a pretty general theme as of late that people are concerned about. I guess tho, ultimately its up to the managers on if they care to worry about quality or not, but it doesn’t hurt to at least try? I know theres a huge/active community in Soq that actually cares about this kind of thing. Maybe its time to take it seriously?

And by quality I also mean being responsible as far as organizing and keeping up on monthly quota and other such things in the general overall well-being of the shop.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Correction, I dont really have any good ideas atm on how to enforce it lol. Sorry brains a little fuzzy atm.

Ktns

Lunatic

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:26 pm
While I can see the point your trying to make, I'd just like to say that my comment was meant for the idea of an item shop in order to take some of the load off the colorists. Not a reference to the Quality of Soquili coming out of the shop (they are more then fine in my opinion)

From what I understand you can always work with a colorist if there's something on a custom you don't like and if there's something horribly horribly wrong on your pet I imagine you could always pm someone in the shop about it that's higher up.

To be honest however I haven't seen the need for that really, while there are some pets I don't like it's a personal pref on my part as others love them, not a quality issue. I don't think installing more loops for the colorists to jump through or placing more pressure on them is going to help anything that your eluding too.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:59 pm
JetAlmeara

From what I understand you can always work with a colorist if there's something on a custom you don't like and if there's something horribly horribly wrong on your pet I imagine you could always pm someone in the shop about it that's higher up.

This is true.  

slimycrow

Original Codger

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:01 pm
Im sorry if you took offense to me using your point on quality and not in the context you meant it. It simply reminded me of something Ive heard at random intervals over time.

There are some colorists that have outright refused to fix some pets that even management have deemed as having issues. I know that Mind herself has fixed a number of pets herself to make them ‘shop worthy’, bless her soul. Im not eluding to anything. Im saying it as it is. Im only building on something that isnt too far from common knowledge. Being in the shop for over 4 years perhaps has given me a bigger view on things. Quality in work and in performance shouldn’t be a loop. It should be standard practice to do your job and to do it well.

The reality is, the customer shouldn’t have to ‘work up the chain’ if something is wrong with their pet, or if it’s half-assed. Some people will just nod and smile and move on as well, taking an unfit Soq sometimes because they would rather suck it up than dare question a colorist. I know I certainly don’t have the time and patience to make sure or fight for what Im given is done right and not in an unreasonable time frame. Hell there were a couple colorists that were ‘moved on’ because their quality was just not cutting it. But how many horses/breedings/customs were already out and about and slid by until it came to that point? If this were simply up to ‘taste’ then it wouldn’t have been bad enough to redo horses for people or to have staff move on. That only adds more stress to the shop as a whole AND customers. Way more than a checks and balance system.

If some people think things are totally fine, that’s okay by me too. Ive seen this mentioned and heard the gripes for a long time tho, so I figured, why not?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:04 pm
slimycrow
JetAlmeara

This is true.

This is not true and there is an existing example of this right now. I'm not calling out names, but I know it's been brought up numerous times among staff.

And again you shouldn't HAVE to do that in the first place.  

Ktns

Lunatic

Theidren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:47 pm
I understand that you are trying to stand up for the people who won't...but to a colorist do you see maybe this comes off badly? If people feel that their custom or whatnot was handled badly they should just talk to the colorist. You make it sound like they are mean and evil or something? Which could scare people off. Any questions I have sent to staff have always been handled wonderfully. People shouldn't be afraid to send their questions and concerns in if they have them. Which is why we have the mule now. I don't know I just think this probably should be handled there, or could start a big drama thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:06 pm
I never said that colorists are mean and evil lolol. I said that a checks and balances might be nice. It is so awesome that you have had issues solved quickly! Unfortunately some people havent, it’s why I recently have received a *second* shop apology (and the only person to receive a shop apology at that), and why that mule was created in the first place. Sadly some of those issus of drama were created by or fed into by staff themselves. Talk about coming off badly lol.

Asking for quality control isnt saying ‘omg colorists are horrible’. Im simply responding to some inaccuracies with the truth of things that not everyone pays attention to or is around for, so people can be better educated. I have been around a long time and I speak from plenty of experience, Im not just complaining randomly about things that never happen lol. Also, again Ill mention I started this thread because it does happen and it was just a suggestion, like all the other threads in this forum. =) My correcting of other statements is just that. A correction. Not a colorist witch hunt. I didn’t randomly come up with this idea on my own, I am just the one that presented it *shrug*.  

Ktns

Lunatic

Theidren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:10 pm
I understand that, and I get that people are frustrated. I'm just letting you know that when I read it that's what it reads like to me. Because this is all over the internet you can't be certain of people's tone or read their faces to see how they are feeling. If I was unhappy I'd just ask and keep asking, there are so little of them and a lot of us lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:11 pm
You know I gotta add my two cent arrow s....

I see this being a problem only with customs and breedings, but here is what I see it boils down too.... If you do not prefer a certain colorists style, don't enter their slots. Everyone has the oppertunity to opt out of all events.  

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:20 pm
Looneytaz82
You know I gotta add my two cent arrow s....

I see this being a problem only with customs and breedings, but here is what I see it boils down too.... If you do not prefer a certain colorists style, don't enter their slots. Everyone has the oppertunity to opt out of all events.

True! This is my personal motto.... However, it also comes down to effort or 'hit and miss'. Sometimes people have been blindsided.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 pm
I guess I'm allowed to make a few comment right? xD

Mindsend is the shops colorist manager who is in charge of quality checks so this is probably something you should talk to her about (who Quality Checks mindsend is unknown though. I dont think you can QC yourself LOL).

As for colorists who refuse to fix stuff they were paid to make? They need a slap in the face because that's poor service on their end. You can't really say no to something you are being paid to make unless you legit cant do it or it's not allowed.
Unable to fix things in terms of "I can't" is one thing because some people just can't make certain edits, or they don't know how too, but refusing to even try is a bit poor.

As a customer you are allowed to ask for ponies to be fixed. If it was a premade obviously not but if you won a custom of any kind (free/paid/bribe/etc) you're allowed too.

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

Theidren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 pm
I think "effort" or" hit or miss" could also come down to personal opinion....just as that is my opinion lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:38 pm
I honestly can't fathom that this is as big of a deal as its made to me. What it boils down to is pixilated images for pretend money. If your truly not happy, cut your ties and move on. Does this sound harsh, yes, sure as shot it does, but just as in RL, not everyone will always be happy.

By the time anyone wins a custom or breeding, they know the styles of the various colorists. I don't see how you could be that blindsided that the end result is that horrid.  

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:06 pm
Mobster Goose
I guess I'm allowed to make a few comment right? xD

Mindsend is the shops colorist manager who is in charge of quality checks so this is probably something you should talk to her about (who Quality Checks mindsend is unknown though. I dont think you can QC yourself LOL).

As for colorists who refuse to fix stuff they were paid to make? They need a slap in the face because that's poor service on their end. You can't really say no to something you are being paid to make unless you legit cant do it or it's not allowed.
Unable to fix things in terms of "I can't" is one thing because some people just can't make certain edits, or they don't know how too, but refusing to even try is a bit poor.

As a customer you are allowed to ask for ponies to be fixed. If it was a premade obviously not but if you won a custom of any kind (free/paid/bribe/etc) you're allowed too.

No Mobbus allowed!

And some good things to know there o: About what is already in play c: Thanks!

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff