Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How do I know?(Gender help?) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxIce-creamFTWxX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:33 pm
I think I may be transgendered but I'm not sure. I've always felt masculine and don't mind when I'm called sir or he I'm kinda happyish when that happens...if that makes sense...I do like some aspects of being a girl, like wearing accessories and such but I really hate my body, I've always looked up to males and have thought more often then not "Why couldn't I have been born male?" This might not be relevant, but I've also started using a packer and have felt way more comfortable then ever, I'm pans, but I would feel uncomfortable being with a girl without...well you know....at least I FEEL that way but I'm not sure, I also think maybe I should just be a girl since I wouldn't be looked at weird or be discriminated against...I'm so confused, any advice would help and you can ask me questions if you need to emotion_8c  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 am
I don't think it's really something anybody else can tell you. Gender identity is a very personal issue, so unhelpful as it may be, the only real way to know is to figure it out for yourself.

Just remember that figuring out who you are isn't a race. There is no designated time frame, so don't feel compelled to rush to a conclusion if you're just not sure yet.  

Purple Robot Queen

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:06 am
Wooo. This is a toughy.

Really I think it all boils down to how you see yourself outside of what body you've been given.

Do you see yourself as a boy or do you see yourself as a girl? Or perhaps as something more fluid and in-between or even separate from either of those?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:31 am
Purple Robot King
I don't think it's really something anybody else can tell you. Gender identity is a very personal issue, so unhelpful as it may be, the only real way to know is to figure it out for yourself.

Just remember that figuring out who you are isn't a race. There is no designated time frame, so don't feel compelled to rush to a conclusion if you're just not sure yet.
Thank you, I really needed to hear that "isn't a race" part, I felt so rushed to find out the answer  

XxIce-creamFTWxX

XxIce-creamFTWxX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:35 am
Der Fluch des Pharao
Wooo. This is a toughy.

Really I think it all boils down to how you see yourself outside of what body you've been given.

Do you see yourself as a boy or do you see yourself as a girl? Or perhaps as something more fluid and in-between or even separate from either of those?
It's hard to tell...I don't really think of a gender when I try to put one to me...I think I'm rather masculine...and have some feminine traits....but I don't think of a gender but I'm not sure that I'm in between...I'd prefer to be one...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:57 am
One thing to think about is that our gender identity and our gender expression only has to match when not doing so would cause more harm than good- I'm 3rd gendered, but it isn't safe for me to express my gender because of the violence and stuff.

That's ok too- and it doesn't change your identity.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Boaku

Friendly Smoker

8,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:32 am
You know. You will not know unless you expriment.
The best thing to do is to ask your friends to start using male pronouns to test the waters and see how it feels. but that takes allot of courage.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:11 pm
If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat. Like they said above me, it's not a race. And you should always care more about finding yourself than strapping a label onto it. If you find a label you think fits, whenever it may happen, then go ahead. But try not to stress to much.  

dreadfully_jareth

Dapper Hunter

900 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Lovely Morningstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:51 pm
While I myself am not trans I imagine it is not really so black and white as "the gender you are born with is what you absolutely do not want to be". Similiarly to bisexuality I am sure there is an "inbetween" type area.

But then as I have said I'm not trans so I could be spouting complete gibberish for all I know.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:06 pm
My experience has been somewhat similar. Throughout childhood and adolescence, I always believed that I was ftm transgender. It never really phased me until recently actually. For some reason, my mom allowed me to wear whatever clothes I wanted, play with "boy" toys, etc. Recently, I realized that I actually have a more sensitive feminine side. Although I love who I am, I also find pleasure in acting, dressing, and portraying myself as whoever I feel like being at that moment. Gender identity doesn't have to follow a definition or a stereotype. Do what makes you happy, and be yourself.  

Shameless Smile

Jisatsu_no_Tenshi

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:45 am
Some advice I always refer back to is "Sex is between your legs and gender is between your ears."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 pm
Lovely Morningstar
While I myself am not trans I imagine it is not really so black and white as "the gender you are born with is what you absolutely do not want to be". Similiarly to bisexuality I am sure there is an "inbetween" type area.

But then as I have said I'm not trans so I could be spouting complete gibberish for all I know.
It is that way for some people. I am like that, and so is one of my other trans friends. However one of my genderqueer friends is just like "physical genders are dumb lel". So it's really more on a case by case basis.  

VoidCrow

Combative Punching Bag

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100

Joiethekiller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:35 am
I feel the same way. I basically look like a boy walk talk and act like one but was born a female. I like the thought of being a boy but at the same time thats a really big step and I kinda feel like Im not ready for yano. like someday maybe but not right now. I totally get where your comin from though I get called sir, and just about every other male pronoun and it makes me happy I tend to get mad when people point out I am a girl. If you ever need anyone to talk to or anything you can pm me cause I understand exactly  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:08 am
I believe that you may be transgender.
I have a b2g sibling who felt the opposite to you. Born male and never felt right about herself.
If you believe you would be happier male then I think you have you answer smile
Good luck.

If you need anything else I am here.  

Solarknight7

Friendly Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100

jaysuss

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 am
As a general rule I never take any of my likes and dislikes into account when it comes to my being transsexual, or any of my "feminine" personality traits. Personality traits, likes and dislikes, anything like that, all have nothing to do with whether or not you are male or female, or anywhere in between. It all boils down to how you feel, and whether or not you could live your life being seen as a girl. For me, it was a loud, resounding "NO!"

Of course, as soon as I realized that I didn't jump into transition. It's still a huge step, even just being called by a new name or gender, so it took some years to figure out but now that I have, I'm happier than I've ever been.

I have a guild (link in my sig) for female-bodied transfolk (or questioning transfolk) that's not very active yet but I'm working to make it a safe place to get information if you or anyone else here are interested in joining.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff