• Bribes: TBD (RNG/CC)
  • Pet Trades: TBD (RNG/CC)

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Crew

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:42 am
Rules

Generally, all of the rules listed under the "Customs" section apply when I open a round of customs, bribes, or pet trades. If there are any specific changes or additional rules for a round, I'll usually include them when I open that round!

If you happen to break any of these rules, I reserve the right to turn down your request.

In addition to all of this, the shop also has a very important thread with Custom Information that you should read before entering slots. It covers templates, edits, custom types, limits, and a lot more!

Customs:
  • Don't mess with the forms. Just fill 'em out and post 'em. Please make sure to fill it out completely, even if you're just giving Yes, No, or N/A as an answer. Failure to complete the form will result in your entry being disqualified!

• Forms should be posted in this thread. There's no need to PM me your forms or anything like that. Just post them here when I announce that customs are open.

• Put all of your forms in one post. Please don't clutter up things by posting forms individually, just one post with all of them in it works.

• Don't post anything but forms in this thread. Take all chatter to the main thread.

• I only accept platinum for customs. This varies from colorist to colorist, but I personally only take platinum as payment. This makes it easier for me in the long run, sorry!

• The shop runs on a PWYW (Pay What You Want) system. As of 2021, the shop has switched over to a PWYW (Pay What You Want) system! Payment is whatever amount you deem appropriate.

• A trade should be started once your win has been confirmed. Winners should send a trade to Modifox Events. Work doesn't officially start until a trade is sent. Remember to give the trade some sort of title! Once the pet is complete, I'll confirm the trade and accept payment.

• No bribing, whining, complaining, crying, etc. We're all adults/teenagers here, so let's act like 'em, alright?

• Don't pester me about your order. Orders will always be completed. However, RL comes first. Please don't pester me about your order or anything like that, because it will be finished! And by pestering, I mean really annoying the colorist by sending a PM every few days asking about the breeding status, quoting in-thread to ask constantly, silly things like that. You're more than welcome to ask me for a WIP of your custom though, I'm always happy to give you previews and let you know how things are going! I usually send out two WIPs: one with the flat colors and edits fully lined (if applicable), then another one when the pet is considered "complete," in case any changes need to be made. However, if the pet hasn't been completed and you haven't received a status update - via PM/messenger/in-thread/etc. - from me after one (or more!) month, please PM Modifox to discuss the situation!

• Make sure to be specific with what you want. Please be specific! If you want something, tell me in your form. Unless you want me to have artistic liberty, fill out your entire form as much as you can.

• Feel free to edit your entries. Editing is allowed, up until slots are closed.

• Don't grab someone else's pet/adoptable/character design/art/etc. from another shop or website (This includes deviantart/similar sites as well) and use them as references. Taking a piece of artwork that another person owns and claiming and/or using it as reference without the owner's permission is art theft. It's really rude to just go and use someone else's stuff without asking, so please ask others before doing so! If there's a pet out there with specific edits or markings that you'd like to see on your own pet? Ask the owner beforehand and take a screenshot to use as proof. If there's a piece of artwork that you're dying to use as a reference? Ask the artist for permission, or check to see if they have information regarding free use of their art. It's common courtesy and it can be very upsetting to the original owner/creator to see a custom form with a bunch of things that "just happen" to look similar to their own pet. It's generally not a very good idea to go around grabbing other people's art/concepts, especially if you're planning on getting a pet based entirely off of a specific image. Having the images serve as inspirational references for the colorist is fine. If there are any issues surrounding permission, I'll discuss things with the owner of the custom/bribe form privately.

• Please avoid the use of AI-generated art in my threads/events/etc. If a user submits references that are AI-generated, I'll politely PM/quote the user and ask them to swap it out with a new reference! Some helpful Twitter posts that explain how to identify AI art and how to exclude AI content (and other terms) from your Google search. ✌️

• PM any questions to me. Yup. Just PM them to me, ~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~

Bribes:
  • No limits. Yes, this means that you can enter for heavy edits, cosplays, and whatever else the shop allows!

• I accept both platinum and items as payment for bribes. This varies from colorist to colorist, but I accept both platinum and items as payment for bribes. I do, however, prefer platinum.

Pet Trades:
  • You must be an active colorist and have all necessary permissions from your shop to make pet trade offers. If you're listed as inactive/retired staff, aren't allowed to do pet trades for whatever reason, or don't have permission to use a shop's art/templates, I will not accept your request. If I learn of this after I've accepted your request or started coloring, the trade will immediately be rendered null and void and you'll be barred from my future pet trade openings.

• I'll look at all offers: semi-customs/customs, pre-made pets, etc. Make whatever offers you like!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:44 am
F.A.Q.

Q: Why do you have a F.A.Q.?
A: People ask questions, that's why!

Q: What kind of things do you like to color?
A: Take a look at my "Colorist Preferences" post.

Q: Can I use another person's pet as a reference?
A: Yes! All I ask is that you provide a screenshot as proof of permission.

Q: So.. if we can't ask you about your progress on our pet, what the heck can we PM you about?
A: You can ask me about edit levels, limits, and... basically any question concerning customs. Just don't '"heck up" on me or anything like that when it comes to your order and you'll be fine. <3

Q: Do the alternate templates count as line edits? How much more does it cost to get an alternate template?
A: The alternate templates do not count as line edits, since they're templates. And, because they're just templates, they won't cost you any extra!

Q: Are we allowed to get Sledfoxes/Pixies/Carousels/etc. through customs? What about bribes?
A: They can all be obtained anytime when bribes are open, but if you're trying to get one via custom, it needs to be the proper month!
    Sledfox: December, January, February.
    Pixie: March, April, May.
    Carousel: Unavailable at the moment!

Q: I'm your bestest best friend EVER, can I pleeeeeaaaaaase get heavier line edits/more slots/etc.?
A: Dude, no. That's not cool. :c the answer is definitely no, sorry peeps

Q: So you open and run your bribe slots here too? And pet trades?
A: Yep! They're basically run like my custom slots, with a few minor differences.

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Crew

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:53 am
Colorist Preferences

To start things off, an answer to one of the most common questions I get: I don't stream, sorry folks!

Forms that include any of my likes tend to catch my attention more, especially when I CC work. On the other hand, forms with my dislikes tend to not get CC'd as much. None of this is guaranteed, however, so enter whatever you like. <3

• References/Inspiration (Palettes, moodboards, specific hexcodes, avatar-based customs, links to songs, etc.)
  • Conversions (CYOs, adopts, pets from other shops, etc.)
  • Unedited Pets
  • OCs (I have a major soft spot for other people's characters, especially if they're really developed or seem like they would be interesting in modi-land.)
  • Naturals
  • Detailed Markings
  • Space
  • Body Horror (See "Will Do" category for further details!)
  • Expression Edits
  • Fluff/Fuzz
  • Glowing Stuff (Eyes, accessories, etc.)

Dislikes:
  • Cosplays
  • Dresses
  • Skirts
  • Shoes
  • Braids
  • 100% Purple Pets (Only because I've colored so many...... LET ME USE OTHER COLORS. FREE ME FROM PORPLE HELL. pLEASE...)

This section covers things that are more... questionable, I guess? The type of content that varies from colorist to colorist.

For my "Won't Do" category, unless I specifically state that I'm offering to do that type of content for a custom/bribe round (for example, twins or custom breedings), forms with that content generally will not be accepted.

Will Do:
  • Growing Pets
  • Recustoms
  • 100% CC Pets
  • Alternate Uncerts (Upon request, I do provide alt uncerts for pets! Examples of this are the following: unclothed, unmasked, unscarred, weaponless, etc. If you fail to specify this in your form, I'll automatically assume you just want the usual, single uncert that everyone receives.)
  • Body Horror - Blood, Gore, Exposed Organs, Skeletal/Zombie Parts (If you're linking refs, all I ask is that you do not use IRL photos, especially for face trauma. Art/graphics are fine, but please make sure to include a trigger warning somewhere in your custom form to give me a head's up!)
  • Scars
  • Insects
  • Tentacles
  • Armor
  • Mecha

Won't Do:
  • Anything that goes against the shop's ToS and custom limits.
  • Breedings
  • Twins/Triplets/etc.
  • Tribe Helpers
  • Critter Companions/Familiar Edits
  • Tail Mouths/Tail Monsters (Mouth edits on any other part of the body are fine, but when it comes to tail mouths/monsters, I can't lolsob. I'm sorry.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:00 am
Examples

gotta update this, ughhh

Examples of my work can be found here!

Edit: As of August 16th, 2015, I'm no longer updating my example folder. I might go back and add more eventually, but there's a good enough amount for now, I think! c:

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Crew

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:09 am
Forms

Semi-Custom Form:
[size=11][color=green][b]Spazzy's Custom Questionnaire:[/b][/color]
[b]Is the pet unedited or edited?:[/b]
[b]If the pet is heavily edited, would you like alternate uncerts?:[/b] (Upon request, I do provide alt uncerts for pets! Examples of this are the following: unclothed, unmasked, unscarred, weaponless, etc. If you fail to specify this in your form, I'll automatically assume you just want the usual, single uncert that everyone receives.)
[b]Would you like a WIP sent before the pet is officially dropped off?:[/b]

[color=green][b]The Form:[/b][/color]
[b]Custom Type:[/b] Semi-Custom (Species - Modifox/Modiphim/Modidaeva/etc.)
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Starting Stage:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Mood:[/b]
[b]Colors Wanted (three allowed):[/b]
[b]Template Wanted:[/b] Default, Old, Long Hair, etc.
[b]Edits (if applicable):[/b]
[b]References (if applicable):[/b]
[b]PWYW Offer:[/b][/size]

Custom/Cosplay Form:
[b]If the pet is heavily edited, would you like alternate uncerts?:[/b] (Upon request, I do provide alt uncerts for pets! Examples of this are the following: unclothed, unmasked, unscarred, weaponless, etc. If you fail to specify this in your form, I'll automatically assume you just want the usual, single uncert that everyone receives.)

[b]Custom Type:[/b] Custom/Cosplay/etc. (Species - Modifox/Modiphim/Modidaeva/etc.)
[b]Starting Stage:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Description of Pet:[/b]
[b]Hair/Tail Fluff/Ear Tuft Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Inner Ear Color:[/b]
[b]Horn Color (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Nail Color (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Wing Claw Color (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Wing Color (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Template Wanted:[/b] Default, Old, Long Hair, etc.
[b]Edits (if applicable):[/b]

Tribe Guardian Form:

[b]Custom Type:[/b] Tribe Guardian
[b]Tribe (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Description of Pet:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Horn Color:[/b]
[b]Nail Color:[/b]
[b]Wing Color:[/b]
[b]Collar Color:[/b]
[b]Orb Color:[/b]
[b]Template Wanted:[/b] Angelic or Demonic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:26 am
Entries

In the case that a certain type of category doesn't receive enough entries by the round's end date, I may decide to either 1) take the custom automatically, if there's just one entry or 2) just cancel the category for that round of customs.

Unedited:
    Page XX:
  1. username (Entry #1/2)
  2. username (Entry #1/2)
  3. username (Entry #1/2)
  4. username (Entry #1/2)
  5. username (Entry #1/2)

Edited:
    Page XX:
  1. username (Entry #1/2)
  2. username (Entry #1/2)
  3. username (Entry #1/2)