Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:02 am
So it's possible I don't have ADD, OCD, Tourette's, or Autism. At least not genetically... when I was 5 or 6 I fell and hit a spot on the back of my head... twice in 2 days. Apparently that can jar and wreck the frontal lobe...

In this case I function like someone with a slight learning disorder.

All I did was take a couple of hits to the head as a little kid and I'm suffering for it the rest of my life. :/

Coincidentally my memory has always started at around 4 and a half or 5. I'm guessing that's when I stopped remembering being a baby or something. I had no memories prior to that moment, just a lot of knowledge, like how to talk and who my parents and sister were and where I lived, I never questioned how I knew those things when that moment is where my memories of the past stop until today. I actually have memories of my life just starting at that point dating back to my very early childhood, if you know what I am trying to say.

It's probably for the best my memory stopped at 4 or 5 though... like I want to remember being filthy and slimy and naked with my parents looking at me and touching me down there. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 am
It's not as if your memory just went *poof* and disappeared; it just kinda crumbled away as you got older and your brain sorted itself out. Most people can't remember back past around 3 or 4 years old. The earliest point you remember is something like the point where your mind "stabilized", so to speak.

Not sure what to say about the rest. I'm not really sure what the point of this was at all, actually.  

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:23 am
Hot-pants is right... {that just sounds grammatically incorrect sweatdrop }

Most people don't remember their early childhood and it has nothing to do with a blow to the head. I have an excellent memory and remember my childhood better than most people I've met, and yet still I've seen pictures my father took during a time my parents brought me and my sister to Disneyland when I was a child and I don't remember ever being there.

Even the things I do remember are hazy at best. I remember a brown carpet that I hated crawling on because it felt horrible against my skin {the house I grew up in and thus remember most had hardwood floors, but apparently the apartment my family lived in for the first couple years of my life did indeed have brown carpet}. I remember my sister and cousins peeking in on me while my diaper was being changed one time. I remember going to a Halloween party with my siblings, cousins, and parents and as we got to the door, we had to lay down flat on the porch because there was a drive-by shooting going on. Ah... the perils of a California childhood emotion_awesome I also remember not understanding the concept of bobbing for apples when we did get into the party. It was so much easier to just reach in and grab an apple, so why would I try to get it with my mouth? talk2hand Besides, that seemed kind of dirty...

I also remember trying to draw a woman because I thought the curves of a woman were beautiful.... but I don't think I even knew what the word for "woman" was yet. I got really frustrated when my mum asked what I was trying to draw and she kept thinking I was expressing to her that I was trying to draw an angel. Thinking on it now, maybe in my undeveloped speech, she interpreted my way of saying "a girl" as "angel".

And this is also why I think a lot of people underestimate the intelligence of young children. I can't say it necessarily applies to all children, but in my case at least, my mind was more developed than my ability to express what was on my mind.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:11 pm
Ah, well I was just somewhat wrecked at the possibility that my lifetime of learning disorders is because of a couple bumps to the head as a kid.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items