Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
You deserve to live! <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PandaCub3

Romantic Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm
If there is anybody who is thinking of killing themself by overdose, let me be the first to say, DON'T! Not only is overdose painful, but it takes a long time. I overdosed on accident yesterday, and I thought I was just sick, but let me tell ya, that s**t is NOT worth it. Hell, killing yourself is not worth it. I would know, I have attempted in the past. And I have seen what it does to the people left behind, experienced what it does. And if you are ever doubting your life, and think you would be better off dead, you are wrong. And if I have to speak with you in private, believe me, I will. So live your life and smile, have fun, and remember, you are deserve to be happy and to live.

~Panda

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 pm
PandaCub3
If there is anybody who is thinking of killing themself by overdose, let me be the first to say, DON'T! Not only is overdose painful, but it takes a long time. I overdosed on accident yesterday, and I thought I was just sick, but let me tell ya, that s**t is NOT worth it. Hell, killing yourself is not worth it. I would know, I have attempted in the past. And I have seen what it does to the people left behind, experienced what it does. And if you are ever doubting your life, and think you would be better off dead, you are wrong. And if I have to speak with you in private, believe me, I will. So live your life and smile, have fun, and remember, you are deserve to be happy and to live.

~Panda

User Image
As someone who's OD'ed before I have to agree it sucks balls.  

Raleigh_Ronin

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:30 am
Some people, try as they might, can't live a happy life. My cousin that killed himself was like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:54 pm
Right now I just feel like a burden and nothing seems to go right. I am alive, but I don't see what is so great and special about it at the moment. I always hear that life gets better, but when does it? neutral

I keep trying and fighting, still hoping things change for the better, don't want to wait forever for nothing to really happen and never be truly happy.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PandaCub3

Romantic Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:06 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Right now I just feel like a burden and nothing seems to go right. I am alive, but I don't see what is so great and special about it at the moment. I always hear that life gets better, but when does it? neutral

I keep trying and fighting, still hoping things change for the better, don't want to wait forever for nothing to really happen and never be truly happy.

I won't lie to you, I feel the same way a lot. And I can't answer when life gets better. Honestly, I think the only way for it to get better, is for you to try and focus on good things in the world and not the bad. I know It's hard, but it is for the best. Ever since I started doing that, I have been happier, and I have had less bad things, from what I have noticed at least. Take a good hard look at your life, pinpoint what is making it bad, and try to change it. If you have to, think of it as getting rid of cancer in surgery. Cut out the bad part! That may be people, and I have had to do that, but things are honestly better once you get rid of all those bad things/people.

~Panda

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:26 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

I feel the same way. Some years ago after several idiotic suicide attempts I decided I would live life focusing on creating a better life for myself. But here I am, 5 years later-straight A student, no friends, still the weird kid. I feel like I'm working hard for nothing, like my life will never really change.  

Shameless Smile

PandaCub3

Romantic Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 pm
Shameless Smile

I feel the same way. Some years ago after several idiotic suicide attempts I decided I would live life focusing on creating a better life for myself. But here I am, 5 years later-straight A student, no friends, still the weird kid. I feel like I'm working hard for nothing, like my life will never really change.

Hey, you're still in school. You have your whole entire life ahead of you. Work your butt off, got to college, and get a career you can be happy with. Try joining clubs at school. If there are no clubs you like, then start a new club!

~Panda

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

it can take years for life to get better sometimes, but it will. life is always changing and we are here to experience it as much as we can before we die.

sometimes you need to do something to start a big change in your life for it to get better. i was angry and depressed when i was still living with my dad because of what my mother's death did to our family back in 04. moving out of my dad's house was one of the best things ive ever done for myself. i still love my dad and sister, but i just needed to get away from them so i would have time to concentrate on my own feelings rather than theirs.  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 am
Shameless Smile
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

someday you will find your niche, it just may take a while  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:00 am
So many well-meaning people parroted this kind of stuff to me over the years, and I always found it frustrating and irritating. This obviously isn't the case for everyone, but there are mental illnesses that can cause people to be depressed, and can contribute to suicidal thoughts. I won't speak for anyone but myself (although I've had other people tell me they felt the same), but hearing "it's not worth it", "just focus on the positive" over and over just made me feel worse.
Sometimes there is more that is required, either to get past a particular episode, or to manage a lifelong mental illness, than cheery encouragement.
I do agree, of course, that suicide is not the answer. I should also add that the nice thoughts are certainly a lot more welcome than the idiots ranting about how suicidal people are weak and cowardly. smile  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

boopster91

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:04 am
I will be brutally honest i have had year where i was depressed and didn't realize what it was doing to others i broke it for a bit and i saw myself from the outside in with someone i knew and i couldn't believe that it was exactly how people saw me and i din't like it at all.

I also had times where i would say stuff like kill me now and stuff and i will admit i joked around about it because when i was younger i didn't think it was a big deal until i grew up and realized how scary it really was and i would write very dark and depressing poems but i always saw them as having a meaning but my mom said i need help and was threatening to call the shrink. And then she brought up about my uncle comitting sucide on valentine's day and it scared the crap out of me. And a special needs girls that was in my high school comitted suicide as well as a girl that my dad's friend knew because my dad's friend is a janitor.

Don't be afraid to reach out to someone for help a simple phone call, text message or anything is better then dealing with this alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:55 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

So...I felt this way around this time last year very strongly. Like...I didn't want to live anymore at all.
Life does get better. My life is better after only one year of waiting. You aren't a burden to anyone. You deserve to live, you are loved, I care about you and love you and I don't even know you.
Please, please, just keep trying and fighting. You CAN be truly happy one day. I'm not going to lie, that feeling is really powerful, and yeah, it feels endless, but it is not. You're stronger than you know, and you're definitely worth it.
And don't be afraid to get outside help. I didn't, and for years I struggled and regretted it every day. You can do better than I did.
anyways, that's all I can think of saying for now, but please remember that you are important. Everyone is important in their own way.

-Isolde <3  

isoldevonderwiese

Interesting Capitalist

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 am
PandaCub3
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

I won't lie to you, I feel the same way a lot. And I can't answer when life gets better. Honestly, I think the only way for it to get better, is for you to try and focus on good things in the world and not the bad. I know It's hard, but it is for the best. Ever since I started doing that, I have been happier, and I have had less bad things, from what I have noticed at least. Take a good hard look at your life, pinpoint what is making it bad, and try to change it. If you have to, think of it as getting rid of cancer in surgery. Cut out the bad part! That may be people, and I have had to do that, but things are honestly better once you get rid of all those bad things/people.

~Panda

User Image

Yeah, I've been trying to think positive thoughts and fix the problems, but it can be difficult at times. I think once I improve on my health and move out of here, it would be better, but taking a long time. The biggest problem as of now is sever anxiety and dealing with my mom.

Thanks everyone.  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff