Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:15 am
User Image User Image

Okay, so as of this moment, that's like my favorite trilogy~! I know they've made a movie of the first book, but I haven't seen it yet (and I doubt I will). Anyone else out there who's simply in love with Lisbeth Salander? I don't know about you, but she's the coolest b***h I've ever seen... read... whatever rofl

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:27 am
I havent read theese yet! I'm concerned they won't live up to the hype they've received. Are they really that good?
heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:43 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
I havent read theese yet! I'm concerned they won't live up to the hype they've received. Are they really that good?
heart

User Image User Image

Well, I'm not sure about they hype. To be honest, I've never really heard about them until my aunt gave me the first book as her birthday present. Stieg Larsson has a way of slowly capturing your attention. Like in the first book, I kind of thought that the first part's a bit boring. Interesting enough, but kinda boring. But then, the pace starts to lift when you're about one-fourth of the book, and the next thing you know, you're hooked into it. The second and third's just brilliant.

Read the book before you watch the movie. They say the English movie's not that good compared to the German (or Swedish, not sure) movie. The movie might spoil everything for you.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:48 am
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

Well, I'm not sure about they hype. To be honest, I've never really heard about them until my aunt gave me the first book as her birthday present. Stieg Larsson has a way of slowly capturing your attention. Like in the first book, I kind of thought that the first part's a bit boring. Interesting enough, but kinda boring. But then, the pace starts to lift when you're about one-fourth of the book, and the next thing you know, you're hooked into it. The second and third's just brilliant.

Read the book before you watch the movie. They say the English movie's not that good compared to the German (or Swedish, not sure) movie. The movie might spoil everything for you.

User ImageUser Image

Its been talked about alot over here. I've got the original film on dvd. Maybe i'll go read the books before i watch it
heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:49 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS

Its been talked about alot over here. I've got the original film on dvd. Maybe i'll go read the books before i watch it
heart

User Image User Image

Yeah, go read it first razz I know that one of the version is really based on the book (as in, no drastic changes or deviations), but I'm not sure which. I think it was the original one.

Hope you like it!! heart

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:47 pm
I hate to say it, but I found Lisbeth rather dull. Interesting story, but I seem to recall thinking that the author made Lisbeth out to be a socially awkward and violent girl with mental health issues, who later conveniently
falls in love with the journalist

She just seemed to be an accessory to me. She was
the love interest
and rather one-dimensional. I'm definitely in the minority for thinking that, but I just didn't find there to be anything particularly interesting about her beyond her intelligence - and even then, that felt a bit too convenient as to what the author wanted for
his love interest
. I say that because it also felt like the author was kind of pretending to be the journalist, like the male version of a Mary Sue character or something.

It was a decent thriller and a very interesting backstory, but I didn't find it to be anything beyond a quick (and fairly enjoyable) summer read.  

Quokka Flocka Flame

Gracious Duck

9,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MeIanite

Bachelorette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:04 pm
Lisbeth Salander is the coolest b***h ever to grace the pages of a legit crime series novel. I was so sad at the last page of Hornet's Nest. The Girl With Dragon Tattoo series is amazing-a must read for women our age. I can't wait for the last two films to come out with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara. I will also try and watch the Swedish version because I hear it's pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:31 am
probiee
Lisbeth Salander is the coolest b***h ever to grace the pages of a legit crime series novel. I was so sad at the last page of Hornet's Nest. The Girl With Dragon Tattoo series is amazing-a must read for women our age. I can't wait for the last two films to come out with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara. I will also try and watch the Swedish version because I hear it's pretty good.

User Image User Image

I know right? She's just the best female protagonist ever~!
      Yeah, the ending was kind of... flat considering the rest of the three books. But still, I couldn't think of a better way to end it.
      The original version is better than the American movies, according to a friend of mine. I think they followed the book as much as possible.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 am
Louisa Iris

Bought, read and loved! All of the books are great and never let me down with great plot and characters. I've seen the movies too, and though they were pretty good, I believe the books are way better. As always.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 am
Maga_Mago

Bought, read and loved! All of the books are great and never let me down with great plot and characters. I've seen the movies too, and though they were pretty good, I believe the books are way better. As always.

User Image User Image

I know right?Salander is one b***h I would marry if I were a boy... and if she'd have me emotion_awesome Which is your favorite book? Mine's the 3rd one... especially the part when Salander b***h-slapped all them bastards in the court trial emotion_awesome

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 pm
Louisa Iris

Same here. I loved all the running around that happened. I never knew what was going to happened next. I hated finishing it though, I wanted to read so much more. She didn't strike me as a person who could keep out of trouble for long. Lol  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:29 am
Maga_Mago

Same here. I loved all the running around that happened. I never knew what was going to happened next. I hated finishing it though, I wanted to read so much more. She didn't strike me as a person who could keep out of trouble for long. Lol

User Image User Image

That is very true. Like somehow, she's going to be busted for stealing from Wennerstrom, that someone high up would take revenge on her for what she did (although this one's kind of hard to happen since Blomkvist pretty much took everyone out).
      If I were a boy, I'd marry her... if she takes boys, that is rofl

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:43 am
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

That is very true. Like somehow, she's going to be busted for stealing from Wennerstrom, that someone high up would take revenge on her for what she did (although this one's kind of hard to happen since Blomkvist pretty much took everyone out).
      If I were a boy, I'd marry her... if she takes boys, that is rofl

User ImageUser Image

I don't think she's very picky about what sex her partner is. It's more along the lines that she likes you or finds you interesting. She's not very into labels.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:08 am
Maga_Mago

I don't think she's very picky about what sex her partner is. It's more along the lines that she likes you or finds you interesting. She's not very into labels.

User Image User Image

Hmm.. that is true. She kind of intimidates any person who crosses her path... and I don't think that she's the kind of person to actually settle down.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Maga_Mago

Friendly Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:02 am
Louisa Iris

User Image User Image

Hmm.. that is true. She kind of intimidates any person who crosses her path... and I don't think that she's the kind of person to actually settle down.

User ImageUser Image

I agree, who wouldn't be intimidated by her? I think she likes the thought of settling down and just doing her thing but I think she would just end up restless and be off to other things after a while.  
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff