Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
indecisive ex

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it worth the effort?
  Yes, try to be friends
  No, she sounds crazy!
  Let her sort it out and come to you
View Results

2Cute2BStraight

Shameless Hellraiser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:36 pm
Ok.. I have a problem with an ex gf and could really use some advice
backstory: we were together for 3 years, engaged, had a rough breakup (admittedly my fault)

2 weeks ago, she decided to message me on here and wanted to be friends again. We met for dinner, hashed out old issues, and started becoming friends again.

Her most recent ex gf (or gf? not sure right now) is quite frankly crazy and kind of bipolar. She hates me apparently and thinks my ex (we'll call her 'A') has been sleeping with me the whole time. 'A' has repeatedly told me we can no longer talk and then changed her mind shortly after (at least 4-5 times in 2 wks).

She seems to be flip-flopping a lot here and can't make a decision. I am really tired of the drama but still really want her in my life. I guess my question is whether or not its worth the time and effort to try to be her friend? Should I meet with 'A's gf and work this out or just not bother? because like I said, the gf is far off the deep end.. Any advice would help!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:23 pm
Ouch feel your pain.
being friends with someone after a really big break up is super hard, specially when its not easily forgotten, in a sticky situation 'A' should have considered everyone's feelings.i think she might actually be crazy if she cant trust her own GF or ex GF but I'm sure things will work out for the best for all three of you, maybe its best you stay out of each others lives for awhile? maybe? its not the best advice but its better then no replies  

Dynmo Babe

Distinct Seeker

3,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Compound Eye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 pm
While it won't always work out as you had planned, there are times when you should at least try to wrap a neat bow around the situation which you are in. This being one of those times. biggrin

-JLM  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:58 pm
Update: 'A's gf now sent me a long rambling message full of contradictions. She says she isn't "staking her territory" or claiming 'A' but then says she needs to know my intentions and that she wants all parties to know nothing can happen between me and her (contradiction 1!). She then tells me she never told 'A' not to talk to me and that she wants me to respect 'A's wishes but also not walk away from her. What if 'A' asked me not to contact her anymore and wanted me to walk away? Which do I do?! (contradiction 2!) etc...

This is driving me crazy!!  

2Cute2BStraight

Shameless Hellraiser

The Compound Eye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:59 pm
2Cute2BStraight
Update: 'A's gf now sent me a long rambling message full of contradictions. She says she isn't "staking her territory" or claiming 'A' but then says she needs to know my intentions and that she wants all parties to know nothing can happen between me and her (contradiction 1!). She then tells me she never told 'A' not to talk to me and that she wants me to respect 'A's wishes but also not walk away from her. What if 'A' asked me not to contact her anymore and wanted me to walk away? Which do I do?! (contradiction 2!) etc...

This is driving me crazy!!

I would think that 'A's wishes should come before 'A's girlfriend's wishes.

-JLM  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff