3%  [ 2 ]
No (Why?)
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 51

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:23 am
Alright so we all know that staffers have staff meetings (usually) every Sunday. It's something that's not kept a secret.
What I would like to see is staffers keeping us up to date with what they've been discussing.

Obviously, not stuff that isn't meant for our ears (i.e. issues with drama and what have you) but stuff like topics in the feedback forum that were discussed, event plannings, what's happening with staff. I see in a lot of the feedback topics a lot of people asking what's happening and not a lot of answers (as well as in the thread).

Quite a few times, questions have been asked in the Feedback thread and while they've said they've been answered (by changing the title to [A]) people still question what the answers were. As well as this, follow-up questions that were asked weren't answered also.

I just think that if people have answers they're less likely to complain and are more likely to understand.

For example, the current staff situation. While some people may know why slots have been rare because they've asked staffers or have heard it on the grape vine, there was never an official announcement saying 'Sorry, guys, this is what's happening. This is what we're doing to fix it. Please be patient etcetc''. As it is, most of the time people ask they were rarely answered by staff - rather they were answered by other customers who were... well kind of guessing?

This could be done simply using the guild notification system. Or a post by the mule in the thread. It doesn't have to be weekly. It can be a monthly thing.

For example;

- Suggestions that were denied, accepted or were still being discussed.
- Upcoming changes to the way things work
- Upcoming events - what to look out for (just to get us excited!)
- Current staff status (Is there someone who is on hiatus? Is there someone we should PM about work owed? Etcetc'.)
- Anything else~

tldr; Updates from staff on what issues are being addressed/event plannings/staff status/etc'.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:35 am
I know that I for one, am far more likely to be patient if I know there is a situation behind or reason for something then simply sitting in the dark with no explanation. So I like this idea quite a bit - they used to do something like this when this forum was first created in the Works in Progress thread but that kind of fell out of use and hasn't been updated in a while.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:53 am
I second this notion. It'd be nice to know that progress was happening, rather than us all being left here twiddling our thumbs with next to no idea as to what's happening with the shop. I know I'd be way more patient with things getting up and running if I had even just a vague notion of what was being done to fix it! x3 So a great big yes from me, this would be a lovely idea!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 am
I like this idea as well  

Ishtanballa

Romantic Spotter

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:56 am
/signed  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:35 am
It sounds nice - as long as it doesn't overstress staff.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

slimycrow

Original Codger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:40 am
Just wanted to say that I appreciate the wording of your auggestion Lolly <33  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:14 pm
I like the idea too - it's a way to keep customers in the loop without having to turn to the rumor-mill/grape vine, which does have a way of sometimes distorting information or leading towards more of a separation/cliquing of those "in the know" with those not.

I think guild notifications are a great idea/way to keep people abreast of what's up. I like the idea also of colorist status so people know what to expect, where people are - and for people who have been waiting a while on something, just a status of if the colorist is busy, but knows that they have work on their plate :3  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:29 pm
Agreed, knowledge makes us feel informed and aware. It keeps us less stressful. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm
More agreement  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:31 pm

LOVE the suggestion....

Just throwing an idea out there... I read somewhere in the guild there used to be, or an idea was hatched, of a newsletter or something... What about a couple of us team up to create one with staff input. I'd totally be willing to help out with something like this if it was an option.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm
In theory it sounds nice and I would support this.... but since we barely have routinely meetings anymore, it seems, it's not very likely to work or stay consistent. :c

It's definitely a valid suggestion though.

*2 cents*

Mobster Goose

Invisible Fairy

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:51 pm
No offense but I would much rather hear updates from staff.
Just so there's no chance of the wrong information getting across and people who do the newsletter getting in trouble/harassed.
Plus, Guild Notices can only be sent out by staff and I think that's the best way for the updates to be seen.

EDIT: @ Mobbu; ah, I see. perhaps if they got more frequent it could be something that works. o vo  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:24 pm
Whats to say that someone couldn't be added or hired as staff to be in charge of a "State of Soq" report, or something??? Maybe when things do start to settle and get more uniformed.  

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:29 pm
@Taz; That comes back to what Mobbu said where it's not really happening enough to need someone for that (x

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff