Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Does anyone of us fear this years “December 21” date?[Q/

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Izabella ev

Hilarious Genius

1,950 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:33 am
This question hits everyone in the hearts and religion plays a big part into it. Every year that has passed and ever generation that has ended people believes they would be alive to see the second coming of Jesus or what others would say “the end”. Everyone most certainly has knowledge of this global prediction and everyone handles it differently, the time when Scientologist meets religion face to face.

I am 18. I turn 19 this coming December 11 and I have been through what I call “the nonsense era” with things happening that probably shouldn’t. I don’t have a strong enough bond with my adoptive family, I’m currently in a situation where time isn’t on my side and believe me it’s not my fault. I am sick and I am trapped between believing in religion and not…

As everyone has been trying for decades globally to find and answer a reason for being here. I have been searching throughout this year. Youtube became my best friend and as well as my worst enemy. When you want to know the “truth” of anything, that website gives it to you including 2012-2013. Now I have a friend who recently found a video I have tried to stay away from that is labeled “The Truth May Scare You”. Bear with me that I did not leave Christianity but was stuck in between religion and being opened minded. He watched all 12 separate parts of the videos and called me explaining his discovery. The video clearly based its answers on the word or expression “Blinded” meaning the obvious we were all brain washed or tricked. From food and soft drinks to media itself, cities and wealth to leaders and…well religion.

Now I asked “So Many Questions” to get my share of disbeliefs or (forgive me for this) wtf's. He told me not to worry too much though because when you watch it, at the end you become a “stronger believer”. I asked how? He replied with “Heaven and Hell exists as well as God and Lucifer…” Now through my mind, which by the way rambles, I didn’t quite understand what this all really meant. Eventually I came up with explanation of “masterful plan” which means the battle field we are all on has already be setup before hand. We all knew that earth was the devils playground and we are all on it, but the majority of people are playing along side him. From discoveries of different lost parts of the “unexplained” world to things already discovered but is being ignored (corruption). But at the end of the day we all continued to live a scheduled life that hasn’t been questioned.

We hurt and pray for the best but disbelieve why the worst still happens. We get reminded and fall back into line believing we are truly following our God and savior Jesus Christ path. But when you love the “Earth” (quoted: “I love the United States”) and “celebrities” that you know nothing of (meaning a person you have never “met”) you are easily playing beside the Lucifer. The Mayans Calendar stopped on the date of December 21 of this year but I don’t believe that’s the day everything goes nuts. More like the beginning as it passes over to the next year. Riots outside of the US by those calling themselves the “Anti-Americans” are already playing a part right now on the world news.

What I am doing now to prepare?

Eating healthier by becoming a vegetarian, working on getting into a healthier shape and bettering stamina by running, and working on critical thinking. When you watch the video you will learn why and never forget. I once again am an open minded living person that has a family and issues as I live on like you but you have to prepare for the worst. Have a plan and survive…but even if you truly believe it’s a waste. The video stated the true power that overwhelms the odds every time that we all as believers can agree on messaged by our God. “Love” is our ultimate weapon. Now I heard it’s possible to prevent this which is for everyone to come together but no one wants to know the truth because “the truth may scare you” and turns it into a fairytale instead of listening to themselves. If we believe we were put here to battle for our God then why overlook the one thing you believed you were ready for? No more over looking the obvious truth and open your eyes with knowledge and understanding. Love one another and overcome the lies and walk with our God not a glass image, because “if you truly believe then you shall overcome” right? The video has more detail and more info that hasn’t been said so I encourage those with strong hearts to watch and those that are not "ready" to watch with someone you love. Deep but sadly hits hard but at the end you are powered with the armor that was slowly being removed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions/ Comments/ Concerns

God Bless and I would most certainly love to hear from the Guilds crew members as well as anyone else. I will answer as many questions or concerns but I’m warning you I’m still encouraging you to watch it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:34 am
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

One things strikes me when I read this; the one who made this video do not know God's promises to protect us, to keep us and guide us through troubles. We are told by people to rely on ourselves. There are those who profit from peoples end time fears. They offer special methods of survival, or claim to have secret knowledge that will help you survive that terrible time.
Some even set date, even though Jesus specifically warns:

Matthew 24:36
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

He also encourages us, that when we see these things come to pass that we should not worry.

Matthew 6:30
And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

You can apply that to the end time. Why would he abandon us at a time like that? We know, who have felt the power of the Truth. It doesn't scare you, but sets you free. smile

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

The majority of people are blinded by the god of this world. We should however not abandon them to their devices, or to the trickery of the devil.
Most of them do not know, like we did not know, and we should remember we were also enemies of God at one point.

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this age has blinded the minds of them who believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ezekiel 18:2
Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?

Paul states on bodily exercise that it profits some, but godliness with contentment is great gain.

Instead of training our muscles, we should listen to God's words, and live close to him. It is far more profitable, and more beneficial with regards to the "end times". smile If someone wants to prepare, then the best way you can prepare is to trust in God, to read his words, and know his promises. Live your way like Jesus wants to, pick up your cross and follow him.
It is the only sure way.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:41 am
What our Messiah accomplished should eliminate our fear of death completely if we believe it, so I don't see any reason for a Christian—a child of YHWH—to worry. If we die, we go to paradise, Abraham's Bosom, until he resurrects us to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven located on Earth. If we survive If we're living at the time of the Great Tribulation, he'll protect us, we'll be alive to see him come in the clouds, and we'll be transformed in the blink of an eye. Either way, win/win for us.

The only way to avoid the end times "wrath" (different from the Great Tribulation) is repentance, reconciling with YHWH, our heavenly Father, by believing in the Messiah given to the human race and heeding his words. We should not conform to the world, nor develop addictive affections to anything in/on it, we should not fear what's in the world, nor change the design of whatever he created (DNA included; I've been noticing news articles lately talking about creams that can change your genes: for example, this article on POPSci [A Topically Applied Skin Lotion That Modifies Your Genes]; perhaps this may have bearing on the "mark of the beast" alongwith the notion of becoming androids, or mixing genes with animals. question

I haven't seen this video series before, but the info. is the same I've come across in recent years. Since I came from a cynical mindset, I wasn't too surprised to learn that everything was manipulated to maximize profits, or subtly worship the one-eyed God (whatever people want to call him) by using subliminal messaging, using systematic approaches in the entertainment industry to get the viewer addicted/spell-bound, to keep them tuning-in or get them to buy a product or live a certain lifestyle (that benefits the elite or the institutions already in place in the society). After becoming a believer, I don't really care about it anymore. We should be living healthy regardless, purifying ourselves of whatever may contaminate body and soul. Whether we physically survive or not, our spirits and souls are preserved eternally.

Quote:
2 Corinthians 7:1 (NIV)

Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

Quote:
2 Peter 3:11-14 (NIV)

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.[a] That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.

Footnotes:

a. 2 Peter 3:12 Or as you wait eagerly for the day of God to come

Quote:
Matthew 10:28 (NIV)

28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games