Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
The Goldfish Picture Thread!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:22 pm
Prepare to be viciously attacked by the mass cuteness that is all my 10 goldfish!! >=D

The little comet I bought half black from the PetSmart feeder tank.

User Image

Feebas, my second largest. Got from the fair August of 2011 along with Seeking, coming later. Not sure on gender, but I just say "he" lol

User Image

User Image

This is Spotty Fish, purchased from the lfs a few months ago. I think it's a female, judging by the gut she's usually got lol

User Image

User Image

This is Scrat, another Fair baby, gotten in December of 2011. He's (she?) got a bit of a hump going lol

User Image

User Image

And my favorite, and largest, at about 8 inches, Seeking. Confirmed male, as I saw some fading breeding stars on him this afternoon =)

User Image

User Image

And Gimpy Fish, the lfs pitty purchas, because that face was too darn cute lol Gets long fine with the big guys, and has no swimming disadvantages. Just doesn't seem to growing as fast as he could be. Hes always one of the first to the food though, so what ever =)

User Image

User Image

Seeking and Gimpy together =)

User Image

I had an all white comet, from the lfs at the same time as Spotty Fish, but I had a pump mishap, and the sponge fell off and he got stuck to the pump o.o I was so bummed, as I really loved him =( I've ordered a new pump, with no stupid sponge, so that should never happen again!

And the fancies! Two orandas (Brain and Magneto), a Ryukin (Swimmy) and a Black Moor (Luna).

Luna, with that gorgeous tail *swoon*

User Image

Magneto, with a bit of blue left. He's becoming quite the manly ladies man lol

User Image

And Swimmy McNibblekins, who gets fatter every time I look at her lol

User Image

And for good measure, my Goldspot Sailfin Pleco, because she's cute :3

User Image

And Brain. Finally managed to catch the little brat. Only took me draining the whole pond (for a thorough cleaning) to do so lol

He's not the prettiest fish, but I love him anyways lol

User Image

User Image

He's not bad from above lol  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:07 pm
They're all so pretty! I hope mine get big like that. That oranda... my God, the coloring! So pretty.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:52 pm
Kithy Kitty
They're all so pretty! I hope mine get big like that. That oranda... my God, the coloring! So pretty.

Thank you! The commons and comets are in a 150 gallon pond, and the fancies are in a 65 gallon pond. They grow fast if you do it right lol Growing season is coming to an end, though, and soon it'll be too cold to feed them. It'll be pretty interesting when it gets to that point lol No water changes, no feeding, no activity under the surface, no cute little faces saying "love us, mommy!" LOL

Don't you just love Magneto?? His blue was much more striking just a week ago. He's always changing colors. It's so weird... Lol  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:10 am
Akari_32
Kithy Kitty

Thank you! The commons and comets are in a 150 gallon pond, and the fancies are in a 65 gallon pond. They grow fast if you do it right lol Growing season is coming to an end, though, and soon it'll be too cold to feed them. It'll be pretty interesting when it gets to that point lol No water changes, no feeding, no activity under the surface, no cute little faces saying "love us, mommy!" LOL

Don't you just love Magneto?? His blue was much more striking just a week ago. He's always changing colors. It's so weird... Lol
Lol Maybe he's a mood fish razz  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 am
Kithy Kitty
Akari_32
Kithy Kitty

Lol Maybe he's a mood fish razz

It probably has more to do with the seasons changing (as much as they can change in Florida LOL) and the different foods available to them in the pond. I don't always feed them, since they can easily eat bugs and algae and stuff in the pond lol  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:13 am
Heres an up to date pic (from yesterday) of the guy in the first pic. The orange is almost all gone now :O

User Image  

Akari_32

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:05 pm
I'll just leave these here... >:3

Some group shots

User Image

User Image

User Image

The mollies. The female doesn't look preggers, so I'll go out on a limb and say the male isn't able to breed due to his enlarged gondopodium. This is often an issue with male Lyretails.

User Image

Spotty Fish, Gimpy Fish, and the one that used to be black. I love how Spotty Fish has asymmetrical coloring =)

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Seeking in my 8 inch net

User Image

More pics of Seeking. He's not my favorite or anything :p

User Image

User Image

Love this one lol

User Image

And now Feebas, who I really, really think is a female! =D She wasn't feeling up to pics today lol

User Image

User Image

User Image

And the pleco, who is a freaking fatty!

User Image

I CAN SEE THEM!!

User Image

Nice, clear water smile

User Image

Now I need to do the 65 gallon pond.... :;nin2

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:15 pm
Gosh they're so pretty!!

I wish we could do a pond here but all the wild cats and dogs (and raccoons and opossums, oh my!) I'd just worry myself to death.  

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 pm
Kithy Kitty
Gosh they're so pretty!!

I wish we could do a pond here but all the wild cats and dogs (and raccoons and opossums, oh my!) I'd just worry myself to death.

Thanks!

There are plenty of ways to make a pond fish safe in a wildlife populated area. Making the pond several feet deep, making an over hang of slate around the edge, using weighed down milk crates for the fish to hide in, lots of plant cover, making a net to go over the pond when you aren't out side... All kinds of stuff! smile  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games