Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I got an interview tomorrow at Wendy's! They just called and I had missed them actually and it was a little game of phone tag but I was able to get with the manager and she asked me how many hours can I work and how many days I can work and if I could work on Sundays. I was honest about not being able to work evenings because of my license restrictions, but since I got the intervew I guess they have some day positions open. Of course she does! She did ask if I would work mornings to late afternoons and I said yes!

I feel like I need to research this company to nail the interview but at the same time I feel like I don't have to. Researching the company seems to be something to do for companies like Walmart ot Target not food chains.......well that's what it seems like.

If I get this job I will have two jobs........so yeah I guess I'm keeping MD........at least I'll be getting two paychecks should I get hired. I feel like it should be easy to get in seeing as this is the third fast food place I have gotten an interview to. Fast food seems to love me and not department stores, which is where I want to work! crying

Anyways, I think I am going to research the company. After all doing that and getting info helps with the why do you want to work for us question and it helps to form three questions at the end when they ask you if you have any questions.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:49 am
Good luck! Interviews stress me ouuut!

I'm not sure if company research is really neccessary for fast food either... but at the same time it's better to be safe than sorry! : )  

pokestarwind

Dapper Dabbler

15,400 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

elusive chaos

Shy Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 am
OK. I know this was months ago, but here I am posting, anyway. ;D

First off, I hope you got the job!

Second, I work at Target. I didn't do any research on Target before the interview. All I knew was that I window shopped there a few times. I don't even remember what I said when I was asked at my interview why I want to work for them. The obvious reason, being for money. Ha, ha. But of course, you don't say that.

Anywho.... I don't think doing research on fast food restaurants or any retail type places is really that important. If you were applying for a position at a large corporation or a job of much higher importance, than yeah, research would help you look very interested in the job.

Than again, it doesn't hurt to prep for a lower paying job the same way you'd prep for a job with higher status. It's always good practice and review for the better jobs in the future. :]  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games