Submit

Sweet Tyni

Fashionable Shopper

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Area 88

Hello everyone, this is my first real RP idea I'd thought I'd see if anyone else would like to do.

Basically I got attached to one of my old SNES games UN squadron which I recently found out was really based off an anime called Area 88.

The general story and location of the anime is a remote mercenary air force base in the desert simply known as Area 88 during the late 1970s. Where mercs are paid bounties for missions and enemies shot down during their service. And mercs are only able to leave 88 in one of three ways, by serving for three years, paying 1.5 million dollars from bounties (the missions are quite high paying so it's not as bad as it sounds.), or by desertion, a captial offense. The missions at given at Area 88 aren't for the faint of heart, between facing off with a giant land aircraft carrier with drone aircraft launching spots, or high tech VTOLs in the skies above a canyon enemy base.

My idea for this story is about a bunch of new recruits into the merc group and their life and missions at Area 88. This story would be open to have people not play as pilots since there are positions for just general workers at 88. And I may throw some of the missions from the video game adaptation of this anime into the mix, so if you played UN Squadron, you may get a bit of a hint on what we'd be up against.

Right now this is just a idea and I wanted to see if there would be enough people willing to do this RP with me. As I wait for responses I'll be watching the rest of the anime to make sure I got my facts straight. xd

Hope to be hearing from you guys. 3nodding

Note: I will be adding more stuff to this if I get enough people willing to do this.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 pm
is willing
doooooooooooooo ittttttttttt burning_eyes  

dream angel 176

Sweet Tyni

Fashionable Shopper

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:40 pm
Hehe thank you, I hope I can get more people to join this though I really fell in love with this series biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 pm
If we don't have to be familiar with the anime, you could count me as interested. I haven't had time to really watch anime lately, though it sounds interesting.  

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Sweet Tyni

Fashionable Shopper

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:18 pm
Lol you don't have to, I got most of my info from the first few episodes and the actual SNES adaptation of the anime, which is an amazing game btw. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:17 pm
Bump? I hope I can get a few more people for this.  

Sweet Tyni

Fashionable Shopper

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items