Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flesh is Organic

4,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:39 am
There's this guy I kind've really have a thing with. He asked me on a date but the problem is even though he's 16 he can't drive. I'm 15 so that's out. So we're left with his mom taking us. It's always been a huge problem for me if my date can't drive us to where we want to go. But I don't want to tell him no. Do you think it's weird if his mom drives us?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:41 pm
Flesh is Organic
There's this guy I kind've really have a thing with. He asked me on a date but the problem is even though he's 16 he can't drive. I'm 15 so that's out. So we're left with his mom taking us. It's always been a huge problem for me if my date can't drive us to where we want to go. But I don't want to tell him no. Do you think it's weird if his mom drives us?

╔═ ☆ ⋆══════════════════════════╗

I don't think it's a big deal at all. Most of the people I know/knew weren't driving at 16 so it's parents driving still.
I mean it's not like his mom is going on the date with you guys.
(plus, I'm pretty sure in most places you can't drive people for almost a year when you get your license unless they are a licensed driver over the age of 18 or in your immediate family...)

But yeah, definitely not weird at all for her to drive you. And if you guys don't want her to drive you, you could try to find a friend who can (or sibling, other relative, etc.)

╚══════════════════════════ ☆ ⋆ ═╝

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:01 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This made me laugh simply because you would prefer your guy drive you even though you can't drive. Sixteen is when you start drivers ed so it is going to take a while.

But no it isn't weird, I wouldn't call it a date though but that is just me.

And even if he was driving, his mom would be paying for everything so he would still have to get permission to go out anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:07 am
Just like everybody else said, it's perfectly normal! You're still quite young!
As a bonus, it's probably safer that his mom drives (no offense to your beau and his driving skills), but as a worrywort Gaian, I am glad you are being safe.
He's also willing to let you meet his mom, an important figure in his life, which means you're pretty important to him.

So go out and have fun!

Lynettifoo

Thankful Admirer

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas