A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions
Dating and Relationships? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How old where you when you started dating/were in your first relationship?
  13 & under
  14-15
  20 & up
  Haven't yet (15 or younger)
  Haven't yet (16-17)
  Haven't yet (18+)
View Results

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:33 pm
╔═ ☆ ⋆══════════════════════════╗

I'm a little curious as to when people have started dating/having relationships. I mean I feel a little out of the loop as an 18 year old that hasn't been in a relationship or dated anyone, ever. BUT I know there are other people out there in similar boats.
Also, I know when I was about 16 this fact made me feel really bad about myself, so maybe this will make other girlies our there not feel that way.

I figured this would be a good place to talk about it. When did you start dating people? Have your first relationship? Etc.?

And the poll, because that lets you be anonymous, and it was mostly my purpose here today (:

╚══════════════════════════ ☆ ⋆ ═╝

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm
Hm.
My first relationship, as to in reality, was in 9th grade.
I was 14

I wouldn't call it a real relationship since it lasted like, a month and was a
horrible mistake. I dated a friend to prevent him from being with an ex that
was making him miserable. He told me if I didn't want to be more than
friends then he'd go be with her again.

I did it just to please him and keep him safe.

He started texting me every night saying he was going to commit suicide, I
was so afraid for him that I spent all night every night crying over him.
Begging him to night do anything.

That went on for... 2 weeks?

I finally was just emotionally drained and I told him I couldn't be with him
anymore, he was taking all the happiness out of me with his drama.

He was extremely angry with me.

He started spreading rumors throughout the school, saying I slept with
teachers, I did cocaine, I kept trying to get him to commit suicide.

I confronted him and he had two girls try to fight me.
They called me a slut, b***h, wanna-be, user, ect. And he told me that I
could never make him happy, that he cheated on me the entire time we were
together.

He changed schools pretty much after that.

I was left with to deal with all the stuff he started on my own.

That was the first relationships I had ever been in.
After that, I lost all desire to date.

I will not lie, I date online... It's so much safer :/
I dated one more person irl, another close friend who I only wanted to be with
to make him happy.

We broke up, but it was the nicest break up I've ever experienced, plus... We're still best friends.

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:10 am
I first started dating in 8th grade. It wasn't anything more than just an extended friendship. They were my best friends & I liked the thought of being able to call them my own. The longest one in junior high lasted 6 months. One stayed my best friend up until I had to move sophomore year.

Freshmen year is when I entered a serious relationship that I am still in currently. ( I'm 21 )

It's good life experience.. you grow from it, shape yourself & it gives you time to figure out what you like in other people. Those are really the only benefits I see out of dating.

If you don't feel ready to take that step, then don't feel badly about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:39 pm
Well my first "short time" realationship i had with 15 but I voted for 17 since when I was 17 it was more or less the first time I really have had a truly date. Lately I am in a relationship since 2 years with my actual boyfriend, and yea that's it.

But curious.. I can't believe there are people 18+ wich never had a date at all. Really I cannot..

Khrystynka

Onigetoe

Beloved Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:05 pm
I actually saw my bestfriend (whom I am pregnant by and that is a long story I am not willing to share) a year to the day before I actually met him.

Now my first boyfriend per say was when I was 19 and he was a co worker.

After that I had a few short competely wrong for me relationships and now I kinda messed up and my am having my bestfriend's baby.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:43 pm
I don't like giving out my age on Gaia (I did vote in the poll though) but I'm between 14-18 years of age and have never been in a relationship and still a virgin.
Would I like a boyfriend? Yeah, eventually.
But honestly I'm so busy with school, volleyball, family and friends I just don't have time for a guy in my life.

There is nothing wrong with not having a boyfriend : ) enjoy it!

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 am
I've been in "things" but I've never been in a real relationship, and I really don't want to. My focus is on my schooling, my career, and my family not some loser that will get in the way of that. & I'm 25. I have more important things to deal with, and it's always surprising the girls who are hung up, and way to attach to a guy.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 am
My first relationship was when I was 16. There was this guy at school that was being so sweet. He would pay for my lunch if I forgot my lunch money, would buy be a dessert from the school snack stand if he had some extra cash, he'd carry my backpack if my back was sore, and he could always make me laugh. The guy had a dreamboat personality. Unfortunately, it was too good to be true. After we had started dating, he was the same for a week. I thought this was going fantastic. Then after that last week of bliss, he only wanted in my pants. He started asking for sex, asking to make out in front of everybody, etc. The relationship ended on a sour note. I said it was over and he cursed at me and said a bunch of stuff in the school hallway in front of a bunch of teachers who stood around and watched while holding me there - making me late for class. He didn't think the relationship was over and by then, he knew where all my classes were. He'd stalk me around school and grab me and hold me against my will and no one else would try to stop him. After a while, enough was enough and I took it to the school and it got settled - he never looked at me again.

My second relationship was when I was 17. The guy was nice, funny, and had a likeable personality. I loved chatting with him and spending time with him. We ended up dating - and I was the one who asked because I got impatient. That perhaps should have been an indicator that he was a player and wouldn't go out unless I asked. Everytime we'd hang out, he would be texting people left and right and texting while talking to me or he'd say, "Wait a sec." to stop and call someone or stop and text. It was annoying and distracting. I'd tell him to stop texting when we'd watch a movie (all he ever wanted to do was watch movies, which should've been a good indicator he didn't want to get to know me well), but he'd do it anyway. Most of his best friends were girls and some of them stopped communicating with him after we started dating. I found out later he was just a dirty player that wanted in my pants. When we weren't dating once, he tried to kiss me in front of all his buddies and he did not get that kiss. My feelings were hurt, but better him out of my life then me get hurt way later down the road.

My third relationship was when I was 19. I found the amazing guy who has too many awesome qualities to sit here and write whee he is the one I ended up marrying and we've been married for quite a while now. Every day with him is amazing, no matter whether it's a good day. He's my best friend and my lover ^_^

Don't worry about feeling out of the loop. Some people don't start dating until they are an adult and in my mind - that is the best time to date because you're an adult - if you want to get engaged you can without parental consent and depending on your state for age you may be able to get married at 18, while other states it may be later if you live in the U.S. I wish sometimes I could've skipped my first two relationships because I must've had "sucker" written on my forehead. Although, I learned from those mistakes and learned how a player truly acts so after that, I could spot a player xD Anyway, you can date for the purpose to get engaged and married one day and if you want to get married, you probably could. You're old enough to get a job and everything as well. You're at an age of independence and dating a guy that treats you right will come along one of these days ^_^  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm
My first real relationship was when I was 13. I've always been more mature physically,(since we're all girls here,I was a DD by age 11) [And no I dont pride myself on it! Its terrible as anyone with a big chest will tell you ._.]{But I refuse a reduction because as bad as I want one, I have heard too many horror stories} And I guess that made guys notice me more, due to thinking I was older. My first relationship lasted for about 2 years, and a guy 3 years older then myself. It was alright. I won't divulge into details, but it also meant after 6 months of making him wait, he pressured me into sex. Not forced, but definitely pressured.
So I also lost my virginity very young. I won't say it was horrible, and it obviously didn't make me into a slut, or a terrible teenager/young adult (I'm now 19). BUT I will say I wish I had waited longer. It was nothing special, and it just felt weird afterward for a few days. If I had waited, I know it would have meant something more.
But being without a real relationship is extremely normal as well! Theres nothing wrong with it. Theres also nothing wrong with always being in a relationship, or an in between of those. I don't think anyone can set a guideline for when someone should do what. We are all individuals c:  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:17 pm
My first relationship started in 8th grade and we dated for four and a half years. He cheated on me many times I (being an overly optimistic person) thought he would change. I guess we both got too comfortable in the relationship and didn't know anything else so we just stayed together. I don't regret it but it taught me a lot. I will never again stay with a guy who treats me like that. I've only been in three relationships though and I am now engaged to a guy who treats me a whole lot better.  

stacilo

Dapper Dabbler

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:35 pm
My parents and sister would say that I had one a few years ago, but I only ever saw him as a friend
And then he wanted me to control his life, and I backed out

Personally, 18 and single my entire life isn't a problem  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:35 pm
Having a relationship when i was 15 years old is my biggest mistake because it almost ruin my life. If you want to have good relationship, you need to be patient for waiting to a right partner for you even though it takes year. But now, I'm currently having a suitor who already asked my mother's permission yet I didn't answer him yet. smile  

Account_Removed03

Wealthy Businesswoman

10,175 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200

Hiwaru

Dangerous Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:32 pm
I suppose I had gone out with someone in... 5th grade but we really didn't do anything. The boy asked me out that year and i said yes. We pretty much just played around though so I don't consider him as a boyfriend... He broke up with my after a month or two and from what I've heard was just to impress the boys in the grade above us who were assholes. I was completely heart broken at the time and didn't want to talk to him ever again. But right now we're friends and we talk once in awhile. We have the same Teacher Advisory so we kinda have to see each other every day. And now I've fallen in love with another guy. He's short like me, funny and nice. Although we've never really had much of a conversation and aren't really friends, so it's kind of a one-sided love ;u ;
I hope that someday I'll have the courage and support to confess to him at some point. I feel like I wouldn't be able to move on if I didn't, and would probably regret it for the rest of my life, not knowing an answer to my one-sided love.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:05 pm
My first relationship was when I was 19. It lasted three years, some good memories, but as time passed, the guy I thought I loved turned out to be abusive and a liar, so I left for my own sake and self-respect. My second and current relationship began a little less than a year later, and he and I have been friends/classmates since we were in middle school. We started dating two days before his birthday in 2011, and some of my happiest memories and times have been spend and made with him. He has also hurt my feelings a lot. We currently live together and it's nice somedays, somedays not-so-nice. We had a brief breakup in 2012, but we got back together and started living together. I had many crushes back in my grade school years, but I never was given a chance because either "I'm not his type" or "I'm too fat" or "I'm too ugly" for them. Recently some of them have tried to chat me up and I just laugh. It's hilarious.

jelly cube planet

Shy Pumpkin

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:20 pm
When I was 12 and my cousin was using me for sex I thought I was in a relationship, and it was terribly exciting because it had to be a secret. Of course it came out eventually, and he made like Houdini and vanished. Knowing my parents, I'm lucky I didn't get knocked up.

I dated a few times, and had sex with a couple of guys after that, but I'd never had a real, honest to goodness relationship until Nick came into my life almost two years ago.  
15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff