Submit

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm
I've been itching to do a little roleplay that breaks my usual barriers. I'm talking a roleplay about little kids going to school. Not dramatic fighting or anything like that. No romance or sex, obviously. I know there's Spartan's Little Lane Battle, but that has "fighting" and being on this side and that side and stuff. I just want a general roleplay set in like elementary years where everything is just normal. No twisted plots, no magic, nothing special. Because if you look at most roleplays nowadays, they have magic, fighting, romance, etc. in them, so technically, this little idear of mine is kinda original and special. cat_whee So who's up for it?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm
Mew... This is discouraging...  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Blaze1616

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm
Seeing as no one has responded, I'll offer some feedback:

The problem with the idea you have proposed is this: what happens? For the first 20 or so posts from each member, the kids will go to school, then after school hang out, then go to bed. The following day will be the same, and so on for the five weekdays, and on the weekends it'll be the hanging out part all day, and staying up late, but then, when a full seven days has passed, all that happens is the events recycle. With nothing exciting happening, what is the draw to your role play?

Role Plays are stories, just like a book, a movie, a television show, or a song. As with all stories, if any of those mediums have nothing exciting happening, the story is regarded as boring and a waste of time. As a result, said story does poorly, makes no money, and eventually dies. An example of this would be the History Channel. About five to ten years ago, the only thing that the History Channel showed were television shows about History, as the name would suggest. Though this does have a niche audience, the majority of the population did not enjoy watching the shows that the History Channel had, and as a result the channel slowly began to die. What does the channel show now? Television shows about men who work in swamps, or on crab boats, and there is drama, action, and suspense. People now like these shows ( I do not), and as a result, the History Channel is, financially, doing much better.

Do you get my point? Role Plays, being stories, need the entertainment, the draw, to keep people wanting to come back, because when they don't, characters just fall off the map, and eventually the Role Play dies. That is why most Role Plays these days have magic or some other form of fantasy elements. That is why they pretty much all have fighting or romance. Conflict is the most exciting concept to the human race. Why else are sports or reality television so popular? We need the excitement.

I'm sure there is a place where this idea of yours will do very well, but it really only appeals to those whom Role Play enough to desire something different, something that offers a break from it all. But when that becomes the situation, is it not easier to just log off? I hope I didn't come off as rude, I was just wanting to offer some constructive criticism.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:08 pm
Yea, but I wanna be a little kid. If I log off and act like a little kid, then I'd be thrown in a mental asylum... I just want a sane roleplay, but obviously, I'm the lone wolf of the bunch. Plus, little kids can do interesting things, too... *sighs* Just never mind...  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:15 pm
Plus, I never said it had to revolve around school! Hell, maybe there's like a clubhouse or something or... You know what, I'm just jumping ship. It was a bad idea... A roleplay about little kids that don't beat each other up or do romantical things? How stupid is that...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:22 pm
Angel in my Dreams
Plus, I never said it had to revolve around school! Hell, maybe there's like a clubhouse or something or... You know what, I'm just jumping ship. It was a bad idea... A roleplay about little kids that don't beat each other up or do romantical things? How stupid is that...

Just jumping in because it seems like you're taking it the wrong way. The problem isn't that there's no violence/romance so much as there is no conflict, like Blaze already pointed out.

DEFINITION: discord of action, feeling, or effect; antagonism or opposition, as of interests or principles: a conflict of ideas.

If you like the idea that much, just come up with a plot or a setup in which the hero(es) have to put some effort in to achieve a given goal. If Disney channel can do it for every episode of their sitcoms, I'm pretty sure you could do it too if you tried.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:29 pm
Animeprincess_9400
Angel in my Dreams

Just jumping in because it seems like you're taking it the wrong way. The problem isn't that there's no violence/romance so much as there is no conflict, like Blaze already pointed out.

DEFINITION: discord of action, feeling, or effect; antagonism or opposition, as of interests or principles: a conflict of ideas.

If you like the idea that much, just come up with a plot or a setup in which the hero(es) have to put some effort in to achieve a given goal. If Disney channel can do it for every episode of their sitcoms, I'm pretty sure you could do it too if you tried.

Like hell, I wanna be Disney Channel...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:40 pm
Angel in my Dreams
Animeprincess_9400
Angel in my Dreams

Congratulations! Once again you've completely missed the point.

I'm saying that you need to find something to drive the story along, and I was using Disney as an example to prove that it can be done.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:56 pm
Animeprincess_9400
Angel in my Dreams
Animeprincess_9400
Angel in my Dreams

I'm saying that you need to find something to drive the story along, and I was using Disney as an example to prove that it can be done.

I've just honestly lost interest...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:02 pm
Angel in my Dreams
Animeprincess_9400
Angel in my Dreams
Animeprincess_9400
Angel in my Dreams

I've just honestly lost interest...

Then why are you making a show of it? It would make more sense to just let the thread drop and to move on to whatever ventures you fancy at that given moment.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items