Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply THoR
What's your current desktop? Or IOTM? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samurai Rock!
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:25 am
I've always liked current desktop threads... meaning what does your computer screen look like at this moment. Seeing a person's choice of wallpaper or programs they're running is always interesting and it's something I like sharing with people...

But how do I take a picture of my current desktop Sarah?
Well... if you're using windows just hold down the 'print screen' button a moment or two and then open either MSpaint or Adobe Photoshop make a new document and paste, or hit ctrl+v and then save the image (hopefully after reducing it's size some) then toss it up on photobucket or some other host and voila!... (hopefully that's enough explaination...)

If you're using a mac... and I doubt any of you are but... if you are hit command+shift+3 until you hear a camera click sound and an image of your desktop will... um be on your desktop probably labeled picture1.pdf... shrink it and upload it just like the PC guys from here on out.

Linx and Unix... if you're on either of these I'm sure you know what you're doing and I don't need to tell you.

edit-soo...most people don't change their desktop really often... so since there are so few of us I thought I'd make this also an IOTM thread... Image of The moment... this can be any image you find fasinating at that moment, screen shots from movies, pencil sketches, whatever... just to keep it interesting... and PG if at all possible please  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:31 am
Starting things off, this is my desktop at the moment:
User Image
hosted in photobucket^ (photobucket will shrink the image)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
my own host^  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:32 am
Oooooh.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:38 am
indeed how about we see your desktop? xd

*looks real close up to see if you can see anything you shouldn't on her desktop...good*  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

Orchidsdance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:53 am
Here is mine

I like pink!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:29 pm
Haha I see that and doing the picture of your desktop inside the picture of your desktop thing I see. heart

(I'd take a picture of my PC desktop except for the fact that it's unplugged right now sweatdrop )  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

Orchidsdance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41 pm
That way you can see the wallpaper too! Has anyone ever though about making a wallpaper with your normal icons on it and then hiding the actual ones?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:16 pm
that is so evil....icons in your wallpaper...evil...

You don't have to have any programs open you know... doesn't matter, I'd take I picture of my wallpaper but you wouldn't be able to see it for all the icons at the moment anyway.  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:34 pm
desktop feh... I'll give you my computer screen though...

Karaoke...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:49 pm
Samurai Rock!
that is so evil.... you don't have to have any programs open you know... doesn't matter, I'd take I picture of my wallpaper but you wouldn't be able to see it for all the icons at the moment anyway.

I had it open already. Plus I needed a program to save the image into. So there you have it.  

Orchidsdance

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:35 pm
*Bows to the pink theme.* Here's ours at the moment. If I change it, it only gets changed back to either the same thing or something else and sometimes to something I don't care about, so I don't bother with the desktop much anymore. That picture was the picture I used for one of my paintings when I was taking the class.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:57 pm
so that's what my aim icon is at the moment  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:04 pm
Samurai Rock!
so that's what my aim icon is at the moment

Yep hehe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:02 am
Orchidsdance
Samurai Rock!
that is so evil.... you don't have to have any programs open you know... doesn't matter, I'd take I picture of my wallpaper but you wouldn't be able to see it for all the icons at the moment anyway.

I had it open already. Plus I needed a program to save the image into. So there you have it.

Um kay, I don't have any problem with it... I still think pictures of icons in the wallpaper is evil though...  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

Orchidsdance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:51 am
YAY!
THoR

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff