Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

It seems like I always get blisters on the outer edges of my toes, the severity/cause varying depending on which shoes I'm wearing. Sometimes the edge of the shoe rim rubs up against my toe and causes blisters, sometimes my feet slide forward (happens in various sizes of the same shoe) and get pinched in the tip of it.

I'm flying out to see my parents tomorrow night, and I wanted to wear heels. I'm packing comfy shoes for the flight and after the initial meeting, but I wanted to wear a pair of sandals that I never get to wear. My thought was to put a bandaid where I normally get chafing blisters from the straps, and then wear stockings so they're not visible.

I'll admit, I'm not very experienced with heels. The few times I've worn them out have been rife with pain, mostly because of said blisters. So, are there any products or tips you can suggest to help with that?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:59 am
I think some people are just more prone to blisters. Personally i get them with every pair of shoes i own, even flats i've worn loads of time.
Putting a bandage on really is the only why to stop it, just make sure you position it correctly, other wise where your shoe rubs will rub of the baindaid. And then you'll have blisters and an annoying crumpled bandage in your shoe sweatdrop In this country you can get special blister plasters which are actually really good. There made of a gel so they cushion the area more, and if your blisters burst they release antiseptic and numbing agents. Maybe look out for those?
Unfortunately theres not much else that can be done. sad  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

StrayKit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:22 pm
uh.....i really don't wear heels but i have heard the bandaid thing helps a lot. if they're newer shoes though i do know that if you wear them once in a while just around the house, it'll break them in and make them hurt less. i get boots and wear them just walking around doing chores, going out to check the mail, little things like that so that they break in and are less likely to rub and hurt. so you could try that and see if that helps, once you get used to them it's supposed to hurt less too or so i've been told with heels anyways, i kill myself walking in them though. i normally stick with converse or boots cat_sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:35 pm
Oh man. I wore three inch heels the other day and I was in so much pain. cat_gonk
I'll try the band-aid thing next time.

TEWG

Destructive Mage

15,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers