Submit

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:04 pm
supposedly from friends I am hearing now is the only reason I don't have a bf (all of them do so its hard not to want one) Is my fashion. nicest way to put it is I don't show myself to the world. (not sure if that made sense to you) I don't wear hardly any v neck shirts (one or two for dress up days) and I always wear jeans of some kind. it to cold in Michigan to wear shorts all the time. is this Good I don't show? friends also say i need makeup but it bothers me when i wear it. Is that normal? Just need Ideas (if any) what can I do to?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:13 pm
I totally disagree with your friends, your much more likely to get a boyfreind if your comfortable with what your wearing. I'm personally an advocate of people wearing what ever makes them happy, as long as its not a burlap sack with socks and crocks or anything crazy like that. Make up is also totally up to you, and if it bothers you when you wear it then don't, people will be able to tell you feel uncomfortable. if it'll please your freinds perhaps add a little lip gloss or something slight to show your still listening to their advice. But i think it's better for you to feel good in what you wear, unless you look in the mirror and hate what you see theres no need for a make over.

heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:25 pm
MiracleRayray2
supposedly from friends I am hearing now is the only reason I don't have a bf (all of them do so its hard not to want one) Is my fashion. nicest way to put it is I don't show myself to the world. (not sure if that made sense to you) I don't wear hardly any v neck shirts (one or two for dress up days) and I always wear jeans of some kind. it to cold in Michigan to wear shorts all the time. is this Good I don't show? friends also say i need makeup but it bothers me when i wear it. Is that normal? Just need Ideas (if any) what can I do to?

My opinion is that your friends are being a little rude by saying that because of the look you're comfortable with, you don't have a boyfriend.
                      Good friends don't do that, they won't tell you to change who you are just to get a boy.
                      If you are comfortable in the clothes you wear and without make-up, then there's nothing wrong with that.
                      Let your friends know that you aren't comfortable with revealing yourself, or with wearing make-up, but also thank them for the tips, because you do respect them.
                      And ask them to respect your fashion choices, and to not try to make you change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:25 pm
I went through a similar thing based on my own criticisms. I thought I wasn't attracting guys because I didn't dress 'sexy enough'. Let me give you this bit of experience advice: slutty clothes will turn anyone's eyes, but it only attracts a certain kind of guy. Usually the kind that has eyes for only that! Meaning the kind of dude who will goggle at any female dressed that way in any circumstance. (even if their with you at the time.) What matters with how you dress is how you carry yourself when your dressed that way. If you have confidence that shows in your stride, in your eyes. If you can laugh and have a good-nature even about yourself and not be afraid to show that, then it will dominate your personality and the way you dress will just come with who you are. Instead of the other way around.

Your friends are having ego tantrums right now. They've all got BFs and you're the only one who doesn't. So therefore you are "choosing to be out of the loop with them." That's what they're thinking. Even though thats not the case they can't understand anything else cus their not thinking any other way. They're obsessed with how awesome their life is going they don't think for a moment it might not be what someone else wants, especially not their friend (you). Does that make sense? Think of it this way would you rather have a boyfriend who can still honestly love you even when you've gotten a terrible hair cut or one who calls you when your sick but never comes over to see you cus you look so gross than what he's used to? That's the kind of boyfriends your friends will get stuck with if they keep thinking and acting the way they do. ninja Lol trust me, I have former friends like that. ^_-

Stay cool, girl. Don't change you unless its absolutely what YOU want to do because YOU want to do it. You're worth more than their insults-- tell them what you feel. If they can't handle it, those are the shallow type of people who will only want your friendship for how it benefits them. And you don't need that.

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

StrayKit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:16 am
i had this problem with some friends back in high school, they were trying to get me to change how i looked, talk me into makeup, and do things i wasn't comfortable with just because they thought i needed to date someone. if you're comfortable, don't change it, if a guy wants to date you he isn't going to care what it is you like to wear. and if it's cold where you are then it makes sense to wear jeans, normal shirts, jacket, what have you. your firneds shouldn't be claiming that how you dress is the reason you do or don't have a boyfriend, that's just rediculous...also if you don't want a boyfriend yet or aren't interested in looking for one(or in a rush to find one) then don't worry about it in the first place. and don't worry, i can't stand wearming makeup usually either, so you're not alone on that  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games