Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[Lost Clans] Manyara's Den Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I've been around these vicious lives too
Too long to be neglecting the truth
I'm getting closer and I'm fully armed.

Quote:
Halloween Immigration Form

• Name: Manyara
  • Race: Horseman
  • Former Clan: Famine
  • Job: Scavenger

Welcome to Halloweentown! You are cleared to enter the Lost Clans Sanctuary.

Attached to this form is a fine for public indecency and noise disturbance. Please refrain from screaming my humps while riding your mount at breakneck speed through Halloweentown. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:47 pm
I'm about to hunt you down through
The big black hole right behind you
And I'm about to cut your wings away

............................................. Post 1: Introduction
............................................. Post 2: Table of Contents (You Are Here)
............................................. Post 3: About Manyara
............................................. Post 4: FEAR and Abilities
............................................. Post 5: Home - Hive and Lair
............................................. Post 6: Tasks
............................................. Post 7: Roleplay List
............................................. Post 8: Relationships
............................................. Post 9: Possessions
............................................. Post 10: Artwork
............................................. Post 11: Point Tally
............................................. Post 12-14: (this space intentionally left blank)
............................................. Post 15: End Notes

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:48 pm
'Cause I've been finding out
Where you've broken in
And I will take you out
When I close you in

Name: Manyara
Nicknames: None.

Original Clan: Famine
Job Role: Scavenger - Clan members who forage, survey the landscape, and are seen mostly in the Human World, wreaking chaos and panic.

Image Song: Murder - Within Temptation

Personality: Manyara's name means "you have been humbled" in the Shona tongue - you have been humbled. Not her. You. And you were probably humbled by her awesomeness. She probably owned your a**. And she's never going to let you forget it.

Manyara is fierce and feral, a small (five foot even) ball of wild energy that frequently borders on manic. While she isn't actually tainted with Insanity, her mercurial nature might seem crazed at times. Manyara is loud and exuberant and not remotely subtle. She wears her heart on her (metaphorical) sleeve, making her emotions obvious to anyone around her. If she doesn't give a s**t about something, you'll know, because she'll yawn exaggeratedly and make snippy comments about just how terrible that thing (or you) is.

She also thinks that she is awesome. She has no small amount of pride, a pride that is seemingly uncrushable. Her ability to brush off and ignore criticism is practically legendary: anything she doesn't like, she'll pick at and attempt to ruin, and if that doesn't work, she'll ignore it completely. Things that she doesn't get to utterly dominate and own don't exist in her world. She is a very physical creature, with a total lack of interest abstract concepts and things she can't touch, see, or hear. This doesn't mean that she's stupid, though - she just possesses more 'street smarts' than book-learning.

Everything Manyara feels, she feels intensely, and that includes positive emotions such as loyalty and friendship. Her friends must be (very) patient and strong-willed, but in return Manyara will be a staunch defender and protector. She's always willing to give advice and aid to a friend, though her advice tends to be along the lines of "punch it in the face! that fixes everything!"

Manyara's favorite thing in the whole world is combat: she loves to spar, and she really loves to kill things. While she won't kill innocent Halloween denizens, she will attempt to kill humans (Hunter or not) on sight, and anything even remotely resembling a true Hunter will send her into a frenzied rage. When it comes to her interactions with Humans, Manyara is vicious and cruel; she is well aware that she is a manifestation of the Apocalypse, and revels in that fact. To her, her very nature is a justification for any atrocity she might care to commit.

As for the actual mechanics of battle, Manyara is a very physical fighter, throwing her small frame at her target and using everything at her disposal, with a high chance of clawing and biting. While she does know how to use her weapon, she prefers the physicality of directly grappling with her opponent. Despite her small size and emaciated frame, she possesses a brute strength that can take larger opponents by surprise. She exults in her victories and takes defeats hard.

Personal History: When the Four Isles were destroyed, Manyara was assigned to a Lair in the Gobi Desert, where she was nearly forgotten about for a good nine months. Unaware of the destruction of her home, she had a very rude awakening when she finally got bored of harassing humans (and native wildlife) and returned to the smoking ruins that had been her home. At which point she went into a screaming rage and tore up a good chunk of what little blasted landscape was left, before being returned to the Lair by a stoic, if bemused, Death Horseman. She has a few melted rocks from the remains of the Isles in her den, which she broods over morbidly at least once a week. Interrupting her during a brood is a one-way ticket to at least a few minutes of screaming.

She is determined to take a very personal vengeance for the destruction of her home - she wants to take a literal bite out of every single Hunter in existence. Even if she doesn't manage to kill them, she wants to leave her mark twisted into their flesh. It is the only long-term goal she has in life, and she keeps a list of who she's bitten so far on her wall.

Manyara's Thoughts on Things
(inasmuch as she thinks at all)

On the Destruction of the Four Clans: Her hunger for vengeance is intense and literal; as far as rebuilding goes, Manyara doesn't tend to think in the long term. She will do her daily tasks to help out, of course, because that's what a worker does, but her primary concern is taking a very literal bite out of those responsible for her culture's destruction.

On Medea: Manyara's loyalty is to her Clan first and foremost; she absolutely has not gotten the inter-Clan cooperation memo, and she does not trust the High Priestess one bit.

On Amityville: Due to the recent actions of the Bogeymen, Manyara's wary neutrality has turned into a sullen, bitter anger. She wants no part of friendship or even alliance with Halloween, and can get viciously angry at Amityville students who try to enter Horseman territory. This includes Initiates - she doesn't want their help, their pity, or their presence.

On Hunters: Utter, blinding hatred. Sane, measured reactions need not apply.

On Humans: Cattle to be taken, harvested, and disposed of. Anyone trying to convert Manyara over to DETH's way of thinking will be greeted with a backhand to the face, followed by biting.

On Famine Clan: THE BEST CLAN, because Manyara is in it. Clearly. She is very proud of her clan and will bite you if you don't like it.

On Conquest Clan: Rigid and stuffy and boring.

On War Clan: Potentially fun, because they know how to fight! And fighting is awesome.

On Death Clan: Boring and dangerous and possibly traitorous to the Four Clans - because Medea is of Death.

Random Notes:

Manyara's fighting style is... not really a style at all. It's very feral and animalistic, with lots of biting, clawing, and quick, jabbing blows. When she fights, she tends to crouch a lot and skitter about on all fours.

Speaking of fighting, Manyara doesn't fight well on a team, because she wants to kill all the things all by herself. She especially hates being rescued from a fight she can't win, even if the rescue meant the difference between life and death.

Manyara does not know the meaning of sit still. Unless she's hunting something, she's always moving in some way - shifting her weight, tapping her feet, swaying and humming off-key, etc. Or biting/chewing on something.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:53 pm
I'm killing them all
I put my soul on the line
I purify sins that I committed in life

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Racial Ability: Summon Mount
Manyara's mount is an emaciated Bactrian camel with collapsed humps (the way a camel looks when it doesn't have good fat reserves) and legs that taper to skeletal at the base. Manyara loves to ride it at full speed while screaming at the top of her lungs. The second collapsed hump provides a handy seat for a friend! Maybe.

Racial Ability: Summon Weapon
A set of bolas with four sandbag weights. Manyara pretty much uses her weapon to immobilize targets before jumping on them.

FEAR Ability: Brute Strength (Battle Cry)
Like the ant, Manyara is small but mighty. She focuses her FEAR and doubles her strength, allowing her to lift and throw her opponent a small distance.

Distortion:
See here!

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 pm
I'll follow them all and I'll be bringing them down
Wherever they go, I'm right behind
There's nowhere to go
Your head on the line

Not quite certain where Manyara lives now. But what is certain is that she has a pillaged Dumbo the Elephant from Disneyland in there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm
There is no rope
You're running out of time
So where will you go
When I will murder your soul?

Hostile Takeover Revenge Will Be-
Divide and Conquer
Unexpected Circumstances

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:50 pm
I'm about to do it your way
I will make your world unsafe
I never thought you'd get this far
It's insane

Back to the Hive with Mahir
Knowing Your Place with Medea
Despite All My Rage with Shaheen
Class: Pinging
I brought you a thing but I eated it. with Salbei
Amityville Dark Carnival ORP
Hunter or Hunted? with Madison

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 pm
You don't believe what all the signs say
Don't believe in judgment day
But you won't be leaving here unharmed

✘✘✘✘✘ kill on sight | ✘✘✘✘• bite a lot | ✘✘✘•• bite a little
✘✘••• bite rarely | ✘•••• don't bite

Horsemen Met:

✘•••• Mahir: A friend of Manyara's from the old days.
✘✘✘✘• Medea: Untrustworthy, but powerful enough to be free of any overt reprisal.
✘✘✘•• Fai: An old acquaintance, met by chance only briefly.
✘•••• Salbei: Another old friend, one of the few able to soothe Manyara's feelings and get away with expressing open affection. Manyara is relieved that he is alive.

Students Met:

✘✘✘✘• Efflo: Not a Horseman. An intruder.

Hunters Met (And Bitten):

✘✘✘✘✘ Madison: Kicked Manyara's a** and took her crystal. Rage.

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:52 pm
'Cause I've been finding out
Where you've broken in
And I will take you out
When I close you in

Bitey: The only minipet colored after the Clans that Manyara has allowed to be in her presence and still live, possibly because he bites as well and looks badass enough to not be considered an insult.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:53 pm
I'm killing them all

Official Art:

Year One
(art by Bilious)

Commissions & Fanart:

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:54 pm
There's nowhere to go
Your head on the line

Current Point Tally: 23/120
last updated: 08/31/13

Lair Tasks: 13/???
Hostile Takeover Revenge Will Be- 2 points
Divide and Conquer 2 + 2 + 5 = 9 points
Unexpected Circumstances 2 points

Completed Roleplays: 2/???
Hunter or Hunted? 2 points

Special:
Amityville Dark Carnival - +1 wordcount overall, +2 boss fight

Minipets: 5/5
Fanart: 0/5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:55 pm

There is no rope
So where will you go

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:56 pm

You can feel the pain and scream in vain
You sink away to the bottom
You can't break your chains, break away from here

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:59 pm

I'm killing them all
There's nowhere to go
Your head on the line
There is no rope

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:00 pm
So where will you go

Manyara is mine. I will bite you if you take her. 8U Banners made by me too. Don't see why you'd want to take them, but you can't. So there.

Shop by the awesome Zoo, Marushii, and lizbot! Manyara would not bite them. Much.

YAY.

{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff