Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
The Hardest Cosplay Item that you Made or Bought Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:16 pm
I'm curious, what do you consider to be your hardest Cosplay outfit item that you ever bought or made? Also it would be interesting to find out what it took to finally finish to get the item. One obvious answer would be money. I would like to find out about other ways or reasons why it was hard to come up with it.

So far the hardest item that I had to make was a cape for my Syaoran outfit (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles). I came up with the color and design but I can't sew to save my life. LOL Thanks goes to my sister for sewing my cape.

The hardest item that I had to find was boots for my Syaoran outfit. I could have used the internet but instead I made it an adventure by coming up with stores to check out. I finally came up with a pair of military boots at a Flea Market.

Note: I only have three outfits so I'm still new at coming up with Cosplay outfits.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:40 pm
Mines would be my Beltway mask from Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City and to be honest it only got done because I had some great help from my friend who helped me with the fiberglassing and bondo work on it. Well actually I should say that entire costume I wasn't sure if it was ever gonna come together mainly because this one I had to suck it up and throw money at it. Lots of tactical gear I didn't have and frankly a lot of it doesn't exist so I made a lot of custom parts for my costume. Still not done yet even though we debuted the team a couple of weeks ago. It never ends.  

Commander Iowa

O.G. Bloodsucker

6,890 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:47 pm
Commander Iowa
Mines would be my Beltway mask from Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City and to be honest it only got done because I had some great help from my friend who helped me with the fiberglassing and bondo work on it. Well actually I should say that entire costume I wasn't sure if it was ever gonna come together mainly because this one I had to suck it up and throw money at it. Lots of tactical gear I didn't have and frankly a lot of it doesn't exist so I made a lot of custom parts for my costume. Still not done yet even though we debuted the team a couple of weeks ago. It never ends.

Wow, That Cosplay outfit project sounds like it was quite an undertaking. I hope that all of the hard work and extra money towards it paid off.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:29 pm
OH, something I actually have an answer for! This is actually something I am going to be wearing in a photoshoot tomorrow, and it's Sebastian's FREAKIN' TAILCOAT from Black Butler. I had a seamstress help me out with this one and it took us days to get everything finished - not to mention one hell of an exhausting all nighter the night before Halloween before it was in tip-top shape. I was supposed to show it off at university on Halloween, but sadly I got home and just passed out, I think I only wore the outfit for a grand total of four hours... it kinda sucked (tomorrow will make up for that though 3nodding ).  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:43 pm
Hoshi no Miko
OH, something I actually have an answer for! This is actually something I am going to be wearing in a photoshoot tomorrow, and it's Sebastian's FREAKIN' TAILCOAT from Black Butler. I had a seamstress help me out with this one and it took us days to get everything finished - not to mention one hell of an exhausting all nighter the night before Halloween before it was in tip-top shape. I was supposed to show it off at university on Halloween, but sadly I got home and just passed out, I think I only wore the outfit for a grand total of four hours... it kinda sucked (tomorrow will make up for that though 3nodding ).

Wow, what a story. Yes, you gave it all for your Cosplay outfit!! After all of the hard work it must be truely amazing!! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm
smithers456
Hoshi no Miko

Wow, what a story. Yes, you gave it all for your Cosplay outfit!! After all of the hard work it must be truely amazing!! smile

I'd like to hope so. I put photos of it up in the Photos section of this guild with the Male Cosplay Photos if you wanna see it.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:18 pm
Hoshi no Miko
smithers456
Hoshi no Miko

I'd like to hope so. I put photos of it up in the Photos section of this guild with the Male Cosplay Photos if you wanna see it.

Sounds Great!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:11 am
Erm... The hardest thing I made is probably a tie between my four foot keyblade and the Persona 4 uniform (which did NOT want to be made).

Yeah... I'll make wooden weapons. Currently, I have a keyblade, giant collapsable throwing star, and broad sword that I've made.  

Son Goshi-kun

Distinct Hunter

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:52 pm
Son Goshi-kun
Erm... The hardest thing I made is probably a tie between my four foot keyblade and the Persona 4 uniform (which did NOT want to be made).

Yeah... I'll make wooden weapons. Currently, I have a keyblade, giant collapsable throwing star, and broad sword that I've made.

Being able to make weapons is cool!! I wish I could. A giant collapsable throwing Star could come in handy for a Naruto Cosplay outfit. A broad sword would be nice for a lot of outfits. I'm currently looking for a wooden staff for my D & D Cleric outfit.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:55 pm
The hardest cosplay i have made was actually my first one,levy mcgarden from fairy tail. I got help after school and in class either last year ack when the anime club was running at my school. I tried to make it and it came out great except i messed up the sleeves. So i'd say that was my hardest cosplay,I'm thinking about doing it again when i have the time. So even though it didn't turn outt perfect it still came out great. 3nodding  

Writingismylife

nuGen Staff Bibliophile

4,450 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:01 pm
Writingismylife
The hardest cosplay i have made was actually my first one,levy mcgarden from fairy tail. I got help after school and in class either last year ack when the anime club was running at my school. I tried to make it and it came out great except i messed up the sleeves. So i'd say that was my hardest cosplay,I'm thinking about doing it again when i have the time. So even though it didn't turn outt perfect it still came out great. 3nodding

I have heard about Cosplayers doing upgrades to their outfits. During the last year I tried doing different versions of the same Cosplay outfit. Characters to wear more than one outfit after all. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:10 pm
Son Goshi-kun

@3@ you cosplay from p4? im going working on an izanagi cosplay for a con in July, my friend might be Yu  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

foxdeamon ninja14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:19 pm
Hm, the hardest cosplay or well prop I should say the bayonet gun I made for my Rei Miyamoto cosplay. It took forever to make the gun just right. I made it out of balsa wood and some hacked up pieces from my brothers broken toy guns.The second hardest part about this cosplay is making the plaid looking skirt. Couldn't find similar looking fabric, so I'm using ribbons to sew on to make the similar design.

The hardest thing I had to find for a cosplay were the thigh high boots for my Miku cosplay. At a reasonable price.
I got lucky and found them the weekend before the con and they were on sale.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm
Extreme master of flames
Son Goshi-kun

@3@ you cosplay from p4? im going working on an izanagi cosplay for a con in July, my friend might be Yu

That's cool. Is he going to buy or make his costume? This is one of the few times I'll actually say buying it is fine. It's a pain to make.

And, yep, I've cosplayed as Yu. I often end up cosplaying as boys...  

Son Goshi-kun

Distinct Hunter

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:52 pm
foxdeamon ninja14
Hm, the hardest cosplay or well prop I should say the bayonet gun I made for my Rei Miyamoto cosplay. It took forever to make the gun just right. I made it out of balsa wood and some hacked up pieces from my brothers broken toy guns.The second hardest part about this cosplay is making the plaid looking skirt. Couldn't find similar looking fabric, so I'm using ribbons to sew on to make the similar design.

The hardest thing I had to find for a cosplay were the thigh high boots for my Miku cosplay. At a reasonable price.
I got lucky and found them the weekend before the con and they were on sale.

Wow, that had to be quite an undertaking making that gun. Doing something right and paying attention to detail had to be frustrating but I'm sure the end result after hard work was worth it. Boots are hard to find. I know that from personal experience. I went on a quest all over Southeastern Michigan to find mine for my Syaoran outfit. I could have bought it online but it was more fun searching for it.  
-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff