Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
GIRAFFES. (Not really, need your input for a new sticky)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:34 pm
Hey guys,

I'm combining some of our existing stickies and announcements, and I'll be adding some new content.

Is there anything you'd like to see added to the guild FAQs? General information you wish you'd known when you joined the guild?

In addition, let's talk terminology. Are there any terms or words that you've encountered in the guild that you didn't (or still don't) understand? Are there words that you find yourself having to define for others?

Two of the words that came to mind for me were cisgender and pansexual (since we seem to get a lot of questions about those ones), but I'm sure there are tons more, and I would love to hear your suggestions. Clinical terms and slang terms, too, if you want.

If you want to offer your own definitions for any words that you'd like to see defined, that's awesome, too. I'll keep a running list here in the first post.

-cisgender
-pansexual  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 pm
No suggestions?  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:52 pm
I think some might want to have a definition for pangender.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm
Cisgender-- someone who was born with a particular gender and lives as that gender on a regular basis
Pansexual--someone who can be sexually attracted to all genders, which includes genderqueer, 3rd-gendered, and transgendered people

Uhm, not perfect, but here's my 2 cents. :3  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers