Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ♫ Pet Journals
Perhaps not the best fit... (allii and Song)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 pm
User ImageAs Rin stepped into the upscale restaurant, she looked around. There had been a while when she'd been expecting to start getting invitations to places like this, and shortly after that to start getting to proffer such invitations. Everything had changed so much... She felt a pang of homesickness, and then quashed it as quickly and thoroughly as she could. She couldn't go home yet, so there was no point worrying about him.

She looked around the room, almost feeling the invitation through her small handbag. A promise of help, of a solution to her problem... Rin worked very hard to hide her illness, but given that her goal was to find a cure, she had to ask about it. It wasn't impossible that this mystery woman had found out. Given some of the less-than-savory faes who had tried to offer her snake-oil at prices ranging from "difficult" to "impossible" all the way up to "hell no", she'd gotten much more cautious about offers such as this. The location perhaps had been meant to reassure her, but all it did was prove that whoever supposedly had this "cure", she wasn't going to want something as simple as money. And that was beside the bittersweet memories it was dredging up...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm
User ImageMelody was wiating. She preferred upscale places such as this, and her typical operatic fashion didn't seem at all out of place. She had asked the maitre'd to show Miss Rin Kagamine over to her table as soon as she arrived, and that sohuld be happening soon.

She had heard the Fox's song, and it had touched her. She wanted this girl in her Clan, to fill their halls with her music, and she could offer a cure to her illness. Equitable exchange.

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:50 pm
Rin was a bit startled when a fae dressed in a suit came up to her; she tried to straighten her dress, the nicest one she owned at the moment, but she felt out of place here all over again. She could almost feel him judging her, and it didn't take long for her discomfort to start shifting to anger. She didn't like not being in control, and there'd been too much of that lately. She wasn't someone to be toyed with, whatever this "Melody" who had brought her here thought.

No matter what, she'd be getting a good meal out of this meeting, though, so she played nice and followed after him. When they arrived at the table, there was only a slight edge to her smile as she curtsied to the elegantly dressed woman already seated. "Hello, it was an honor to receive your invitation." She'd heard of this woman, even just as a patroness of musicians; it really was the mention of her illness, the offer of help, that had Rin suspicious. The maitre'd pulled out a chair for her, and the young singer sat down, aware that he offered the courtesy in deference to her hostess and not to her. Then the young fae waited to take her cue from the older jackal; would she get right down to business, or would they be eating first? This was Melody's game, and as much as Rin might not like it, she did know how to play.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:11 am
Melody greeted Rin with a wide, genial smile. She beckoned cheerily, all joy and cheer. Of course, she was a bit mad, and the only thing in front of her right then was a glass of...well, it had to be wine, didn't it? It was a deep red, and she sipped it casually.

"Oh, it was an honor to send it out!" Even Melody's speaking voice sounded rather musical, tough not quite sing-song. She looked Rin over close up, and a soft chuckle passed her lips. No wonder Sebastian had eyes for her, she was lovely, and from what Melody had listened to she truly had a lovely singing voice. A perfect mortal for a Toreador, and she was surprised Sebastian had offered her the opportunity to Embrace rather than going to his own Elders. "Please, feel free to order whatever you wish, my dear. I have already eaten." The maitre'd placed a menu in front of Rin. "Drinks, dear?"

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:05 pm
The golden faefox nodded, pasting another smile on her face as she did so. "I'll just start with water for now, thank you." If, as she suspected, this woman had some sort of plans for her, she didn't want to dull her senses at all with alcohol. Rin looked over the menu quickly, ordering Duck a l'Orange and handing the menu back to the waiter. Then she folded her hands in her lap, doing her best to stay patient as she waited for Melody to broach whatever it was that had led the jackal to invite her here. She was sure she'd find out soon enough.

((If Melody wants to order a drink for Rin, feel free to have her do so.))

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:46 pm
Melody smiled at the waiter. "A bottle for me, dear, if you'd be so kind?" A refill and a small take-home, of her preferred beverage. It had been so nice to find a restaurant run by fellow Kindred that catered to mortals as well. "So tell me, dear," she said, as the waiter walked away, "I know you're quite the little songbird! But you've fallen off the stage...why is that?"  

Noir Songbird
Crew

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:38 pm
So, right to business.

"You indicated in your invitation that you're aware of my... condition. It doesn't interfere directly with my career, but I really don't want to draw much attention, and, well, that would have been kind of hard not to do if I kept singing as I had before. So until" - not unless - "I find a cure, I need to keep a lower profile." She shrugged. "I do still sing, just... not like I used to. Just enough to keep food on the table, and a roof over my head." But then, she was pretty sure that Melody already knew that.

No mention of her brother, either. She had left to keep him out of all this, and she didn't even want to imagine what one of the charlatans who approached her might do if they found out she had a brother to manipulate. Len was just too easy of a mark.

♫ Pet Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games