Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
how do i come out of the closer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meister_Solstice

Generous Guildsman

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:55 pm
im trying to tell my friends but i dont really know how to tell them im afraid of what theyll say you know what i mean im a tomboy .-.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:11 pm
Well, what has worked for me, since I like to avoid akward situations at all costs, is to just wait untill the topic comes up, then its not as out of the blue.  

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

Meister_Solstice

Generous Guildsman

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:57 pm
ive tried that but it never comes up and im sick of hiding it i feel like im not me when they dont know  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:45 pm
One day just comment on someone you think is cute and see their reaction. smile  

Farzine

Shameless Lover

9,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Your Neglected Sex Toy

Shameless Helper

31,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 pm
I don't remember why actually I spoke to my friends about my sexuality, but I felt like sooner or later I would have to tell them, because I found them as my really good friends. So, it just happened, I told them and was very pleased with the reaction. You can't think of 'when' or 'how' to tell them. You just need to feel like you want to and see what they do. Or, better for you - if one of your friends' 100% sure to be an open-minded type and has nothing against gay/bi people - tell him/her. You don't have to tell everyone at once, just keep it safe if you feel like it and tell the person you really trust to be a good one and that won't spread the word around. And if you wonder how to start, just tell the friend you really trust him/her and you really want to tell him/her something that is important for you, and just say it. wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:59 pm
if they're really your friends theyll understand. Simple as that.  

stay determined

Witty Punching Bag

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:31 pm
I guess my philosophy is: if they ask, tell them the truth, if not let it be. Now, if they were to say something that you either agree of disagree with regarding homosexuality, then this would serve as an opportunity as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:40 pm
❖「時間は誰を待つ...

◐ If they are your friends, they will understand. Take your time and say it when you feel most comfortable. ◑

그래서 시간은 소중합니다.」❖

Condom Maneuver

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 pm
Meister_Solstice
ive tried that but it never comes up and im sick of hiding it i feel like im not me when they dont know

if its never come up then you arent hiding. dont force it.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games