Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Archive Ship (Announcement & Arc Archive)
Victor Of The Dragon Digimon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who Shall Win?
Greymon-Species
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Dramon-Types
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 18

ultimatemk

Shy Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:04 pm
Victor Of The Dragon Digimon
Vote here for the group that you want to end up being victorious! Once you have voted, be sure to post, mention which group you have voted for, and the reasons as to why. The reasons provided by you will also be what qualifies you to win the secret prize.

Rule:
You may only post ONCE in this Topic. You are able to edit the post if you wish to do so, however you can only post once. If you do post more than once, you will be disqualified from participating in this portion of the Contest.

Poll Votes:
Dramon-Types: 8
Greymon-Species: 10

Post Votes:
Dramon-Types: 5
Greymon-Species: 3

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:40 pm
Quote:
Tamers have all gathered here today to decide which team shall win this grand battle that has lasted for a very long time. Through looking at the digimon that were shown in the contest, decide which of the two sides would win the battle in the end. Note that the Dramon-Type leader will be in his strongest form meaning Paladin Mode and The legendary ancestor will be in its Vaccine Mega form. There will be one vanguard of the warriors of the Greymon-Species in his Normal Mega Form and one of the soldiers of the Dramon-Types will be in its Mega Form.

Meaning (Dramon-Types: 1 Imperialdramon PM, 1 Slayerdramon, 1 Darkdramon, A Lot of Flamedramon and Commandramon | Greymon-Species: 1 VictoryGreymon, 1 BlackWarGreymon, 1 ShineGreymon, A Lot of GeoGreymon and Greymon)

Okay I voted for the Dramon family for a few reasons and I'm going to break it down real quick like.

Victory Greymon and ShineGreymon are going to be their heavy hitters, and they are strong but are they strong enough? BlackWarGreymon I see as a support with one big and strong attack. I'm pretty sure Victory and Shine could go toe to toe with Slayerdramon and Darkdramon and be a evenly match. Speed and power versus Power and Power. One way or another I see them kinda destroying each other or severely wounding. But with BlackWarGreymon, I dont see him as being a real heavy hitter, and I see Imperialdramon Paladin Mode as being a like, god smack kinda. He is literally the combination of a ultimate warrior, Omnimon, and a brutal destroyer, Imperialdramon. If it came down to it I believe it would end up being a wounded Victory against a wounded Imperial and I'm leaning towards Imperial.

On the support units Greymon and GeoGreymon versus Flamon and Commandramon. Greymon have support with their pepper breaths and size but to be honest I dont see them as heavy hitters, slow and supportive but I dont see them as that. While Flamon has some really heavy attacks and speed on their side. Flanking is what they are made for. GeoGreymon is a huge warrior and he is a heavy hitter, but Commandramon, is Commandramon. Fighting wars and huge battles is literally in their programming. Plus they have guns and armor, I mean come on.

That is why I voted for Dramon, I just see them with a better chance and a better force.  

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200

Ethan Kirito Soul

Newbie Seeker

6,225 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 pm
Honestly I think that the Greymon Family will succeed in this battle. Mostly because of what I read before about how the Dramon family doesnt have good team work skills, and because I feel as though it'd have a better chance,the only Wild Card I can see is the Faster Digimon Flamon. I think the same as Thor on the Heavy Hitting units mostly being equal in strength, but I tend to think they will probably back each other up in battle. Fighting in Unison and Improved teamwork usually is the Key to Victory in Battle along with Strategy.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:48 pm
Who have I gone for none other than the great and Noble Greymon family why well lets go back in digital history if you will and look at where the greymon digimon or "Grey's" obtained there great power in the first place it was from none other than the Great AncientGreymon Ten Legendary Warriors from the Ancient world and one of two survivors of that great war that happened. but now lets look at the Grey family line up one at time in how I feel they could win this new battle they're own Ancestor would be proud off.

VictoryGreymon: Let us first look at the Leader of this family VGreymon, smaller than enemies leader yes but but he has enough power to single handily wield the "Dramon Breaker" great sword with ease and speed yet also be able to land it with enough force to crush his opponent and that's not all if he really in the mood to get close and personal the sword blade can dismount it's hilt and split in two before begin attached to his gauntlets! and as his opponents are the "Dra" species he get the added bonus of more damage and power as his weapons was built to deal with them specifically.

ShineGreymon: ah the Shining light of the army and true Dragon of the Light this Greymon not only boosts great ranged attacks but also has the GeoGrey Sword a powerful twin ended blade that he can call on when need this sword alone can only be summoned by this digimon from the land itself the sword has the ability to be both offensive and defensive when need add that to his great speed and strength not many can stand to tell the tales of this digimon.

BlackWarGreymon: And now we come to the dark brother of WarGreymon, this digimon brings the ruthlessness need to cut down those Dramon digimon with sheer power and his "Ankoku no Gaia Force" which is powered by the Negative energy in the world and what and amazing place for this mega to be in the middle of feuding war with all the negative energy his attack well seem more like a nuclear explosion of negative energy.

GeoGreymon: now the Champion GeoGreymon this digimon is a special breed of Greymon in the sense he was born a breed to fight with the most aggressive nature you will see out there but that alone would be useless, but he has formed and shaped his body into weapon i full body weapon the though would send shivers down most digimon's back and his think bone structure based around his head is thicker harder with his horns sharper and more deadly if group charged the digimon standing tin the way would have no chance at all.

Greymon: the Artillery of this army several of these guys have enough power to lunch a full on motor style attack blowing the enemy rank apart before they even reach them giving them the upper hand in weaking the enemy's formations and moral.

To end with this army is the best out there they are family the work well and help one other out amazingly better than most would think to fight them unprepared would be a foolish thing bring quick deaths to those that would this army should be proud of there power and the have no fear in showing it off if they have to either in the end the winners are easy to see here the Greymons shall be victorious

Unitas Persona

Dangerous Lover

8,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sorgaren

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:57 pm
Team Dramon because magnets. And they have more swords.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 am
I'm going to vote for the Dramon-types.

Why? Well for the simple reason of their main warriors!

Let's kick off with Slayerdramon the "Dragon-Beheading Bladesman" a rare and powerful Mega with a sword that can adapt to most if not all battle conditions. Not only this but he is one of the four great dragons! Y'know the ones that are usually considered Gods among the inhabitants of the Digital world!

Next up we have a Darkdramon. A mechanised, fast-moving robo-dragon of death! It's main weapon is the "Gigastic Lance" which apparantly holds the same power as the Royal Knight Gallantmon's lance. In addition it's most used, and best, maneuver is its Dark Roar, which fires dark matter at it's enemies. (Here's what a single particle of dark matter is capable of Link) Now imagine that being shot into the heart of the Greymon army *shudder*

As for our footsoldiers! Commandramon and Flamedramon. Masters at range and able to quickly move about the battlefield. Commandramon don't have to get close, instead spraying into the waves of enemy Greymon, and heck, should they get too close then you've got a Flamedramon to kocke them out! Let's be honest, could a Greymon keep up with a Flamedramon in hand to hand? Didn't think so. Flamedramon's Fire Rocket attacks should be an efficient counter to the Nova flare's of the opposition as well, acting as both a good offense and a good defence!

Finally, our leader:

The founder of the Legendary Royal Knights, wielding the legendary Omega Blade he has ascended that of a Mega. Coming from Imperialdramon Fighter Mode (Who is a mega-2 anyway) and then fusing with another Mega-2 (Omnimon) we have one of the most powerful Digimon to ever grace the Digital World. So Victory Greymon has the Dramon Killer sword? Big deal, he'll have to hit Imperialdramon first. With heightened speed, power and endurance the leader of the Dramon side will obliterate the opponents from either afar with his Giga-Death, Hyper Prominence or Position Laser. Or up close with the Omega Blade or Splendour Blade.

And there you go. My reasons for why the Dramon side are gonna kick a**!

Kazu Matsumoto

Fashionable Guildsman

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:13 pm
All right, as a disclaimer, I don't know whether we're supposed to be limiting our arguments to the Digimon in the event, or the Digimon of each family in general (there are quite a few left out), so I'll do it bothways.
Battle of the dragons, huh? Dinosaurs vs. true dragons is what it comes down to... Let's take a look at both our sides and see how they match up.

The Greymon families. Some of the Digital World's best-known heroes belong to this group, such as AncientGreymon, the ancestor of the species as well as the Fire-element found across the entire Digital World. Among them EmperorGreymon is touted as the most powerful of all as his name would well suggest, possessing some of the greatest power the Greymon line has ever known, including the ability to the control powerful ancestral Dragon spirits of Wyrm, Wyvern, Naga, and more. Perhaps the only one able to rival his power would be ShineGreymon and his mighty Burst Mode, whose raw strength was able to more challenge the infamous Royal Knights' strength. Then you have the most well-known hero of the Dramon family WarGreymon himself, whose combat prowess and deadly claws were the bane of many a -dramon Digimon back in the day, who will surely prove to be quite the trump card... and with him the Dark Knight and prodigal son of the family, BlackWarGreymon, whose combat prowess equals his brother's, but whose determination and doggedness in eliminating his foes are unmatched. Then there's that little-known super-warrior VictoryGreymon, an Arbitrator designed to counter the threat of Yggdrasil, who has apparently stepped forward to lead the charge...

But the Dramon species is as versatile as they are numerous, possessing a wide number of traits, specialties, and elemental affinities across their ranks. Cannondramon, Machinedramon, MetalSeadramon and Arresterdramon are just some of the powerful forces making up their power, but even these titans are not the most powerful among the -dramon species... For while warriors like WarGreymon were known for defeating these powerful dragons in the past, the -dramon species has rapidly evolved and adapted to keep their power unrivaled. The mighty chaos lord Chaosdramon is one example of this; a modified Machinedramon designed for high-power assault missions, his armor rating, maneuverability, and attack power exceed his older model's by far, making him a significantly greater threat. Three of the revered Great Dragons belong to this group as well; benevolent Magnadramon, satanic Megidramon, and righteous Goldramon, who possesses the power to summon dragons of creation and destruction... And opposite VictoryGreymon is Slayerdramon, a dragon swordsman of equal merit trained to top strength by the Great Dragons themselves. And much like ShineGreymon, UlforceVeedramon also has access to a powerful boost mode, the Future Mode, which raises his power to equal those of the mighty Super-Ultimates like Omnimon. One of the most feared of them all is Darkdramon, a genetically-advanced super soldier who controls the terrifying power of Dark Matter and is equal parts relentless, cruel, and cunning. Finally there's the mighty leader of them all, supreme dramon-type and founder of the Royal Knights, Imperialdramon of the Paladin Mode. This ancient warrior has never seen his equal in combat, exceeding the strength even of the great Omnimon and perhaps even Alphamon, the current leader of the Knights.

Both sides have many titles, honors, and strong warriors to their name, and both are powerful forces, to be sure... But which is stronger?
MATCHUPS!
EmperorGreymon VS Imperialdramon PM
ShineGreymon VS UlforceVeedramon
VictoryGreymon VS Slayerdramon
BlackWarGreymon VS Darkdramon
WarGreymon VS Chaosdramon
ZekeGreymon VS Breakdramon

(Turns out more of these guys had analogues to each other than I realized! Too bad about half of them aren't in the event xD There are even some I forgot to talk about but I've written so much already. Dx Take it for what it is I guess)

Well some of the differences, I think, can be seen in these families' lowest forms. On the Greymon side you have Agumon and his many, many variations, genetically diverse as he is; he's an exemplary Rookie-stage with strong, balanced abilities indicative of the Greymon-species that he evolves into. On the -dramon side you have Dracomon, the genetically-purest example of his species; he's not much stronger than Agumon save for the secret technique of G-Shurunen, probably the most powerful attack of any known Rookie-level Digimon (well except for like Lucemon and such), and even more powerful than those of some Champions. Another example is Commandramon, a militant Rookie with powerful combatative abilities... His powerful and versatile combat rifle, mild camouflage capabilities, and substantial body-armor make him very powerful for a Rookie Digimon, quite exceeding the strength of Agumon and making him even a match for stronger Champions at times. As far as Rookies are concerned, Greymon-species are really no match; and while the difference in power becomes less noticeable as these Digimon evolve higher, I believe that this difference more or less sums up the difference between the two.

Among Champions, the Greymons are some of the strongest of the bunch, with vast quantities of bulk, attack power, and defensive prowess to spare. GeoGreymon expands on the already-strong abilities of the original Greymon in gaining greater movement speed as well as attack and defense. Champion-level -dramon Digimon are far more varied and populous, however, with creatures like Seadramon, Airdramon, Flamedramon, Birdramon, Ebidramon, Shadramon showing examples of the family's great genetic diversity, spanning Dragon genes across nearly all species of Digimon. While many earlier dramon Digimon can't quite live up to Greymon's strength, many of the later evolutions and developments, like Flamedramon, Coredramon, Sealsdramon, and Strikedramon (not to mention Veedramon, whose abilities are said to equal those of Greymon's) both outnumber and more than match up to Greymon and GeoGreymon alone.

See, the underlying strength of the Greymon family seems to be balance, and their tactics are usually simple and straightforward. Intelligent as the Greymons are and as effective as their often-more-humanoid shapes are, however, the Dramon species tends to be more intelligent, tactical, and oftentimes just flat-out more powerful if one is to attempt to measure that sort of thing. Dramons tend to be more specialized in one direction or another, giving them an edge in many variable situations, which they can often be ready for. Digimon like UlforceVeedramon, Imperialdramon, and Dracomon are shown at times to have as much heart as their competitors, while their darker members (Darkdramon, Chaosdramon, Breakdramon) are nigh-unmatched in terms of their ferocious power, especially by the Greymon family. Plus, it's hard to ignore the fact that the dramons are packing the most powerful Dragon Warrior known to the Digital World, founder of the Royal Knights, the Imperial Paladin himself...

It really is a tough matchup, and I do love me those Greymons, but in the end, the victor is clear... it's gotta be the trueblood Dragons of the Digital World, the -dramon species.

Blue = talking about Digimon shown in the event banners
Red = Digimon not mentioned in the contest

((PS, I actually voted Greymons in the poll because they were the underdogs at the time. xD I hope it's fine that I decided to change my answer.))

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:50 pm
I voted for the Dramon family because for one i am pretty biased, im not going to lie. Plus i just feel that the greymon family isn't strong enough to overpower the Dramon type.  

SKT T1 Senpai

Devoted Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

kevin951623

Wealthy Warlord

10,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:12 pm
it has to be greymon cuz it just is lol  
Archive Ship (Announcement & Arc Archive)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games