Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Clocktower Courtyard
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mattie, Finley, other Duelists
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Dueling Club
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh boy
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Embarrassed

Simon had been invited to Dueling practice by Finley, who he knew from childhood. Finley had also spent time at Wool's, though he'd been there forever in the time that Simon came and went. Luckily, the older boy had a nice safe family now. Walking toward the courtyard, Simon offered a nervous wave toward the older boy, who waved back. He then noticed Mattie from Music Club, so he figured if nothing else he'd have someone his age to go against.

Spying a sign in form, Simon moved to add his own name and house to the list, then he stood near-ish to Mattie and the older boy she was with. He offered a nervous smile, then signed toward the other second year. "Hi Mattie, nice to see you again." It was about that time that he forgot she didn't know any sign... so his hair changed from soft orange to an avocado-y green with his embarrassment. Sure, she'd never know it meant he was embarrassed, but he was nonetheless. He looked away, opting to shrink into himself instead of trying to socialize anymore.

mc2

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

I'ʟʟ ᴅɪssᴏʟᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴘᴏᴜʀs ɪɴ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ,
          I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:13 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Sixth Year Slytherin
Quidditch Beater ✌ Dueling Club Captain

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick sighed as he pushed prepared to open for dueling club. He walked into the room expecting it to be empty, only to see Eden Harper already there, having set up a practice dummy, and was throwing spells at it. Chadwick threw his hands up, ”The club doesn’t start for another half hour! Why are you here so early! I’m supposed to be the first one. Ugh. whatever Harper, I’ll just sign your paperwork. Keep up with the practice, good form.”

Chadwick sat out the paperwork, and waited for anyone else to enter, he hoped they would have a reasonable number of second years join them, heck, if some seventh year NEWT kids showed up Chadwick would be thankful…. Finley would probably be here, he could help with the more precise spell work probably…. He shrugged and waited by the sign up forms to see who would show up this year.

Include in first post:
[b](CHARACTER'S NAME) of House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/b]

Current Forms

Chadwick Knapp of House Slytherin

Eden Harper of House Hufflepuff

▬▬"The real question I guess is - do I deserve you?" ▬▬

Where: Dueling Club
With Whom: Eden I guess?
Thinking about: Harper trying to over achieve
Description: 5'8" blond teen with blue eyes
OOC: Eden there already per ADDA request

Addaellis

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Dueling Room
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chadwick & Eden
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Opening Dueling Club
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This year is already insanity

Finley was running behind for everything today. He left the library with just enough time to inhale a small dinner before hurrying off to dueling club. Somehow, by the grace of whatever gods, he wasn't late. His watch said he was... but maybe it was just slow. He'd deal with that later. Setting down the small pile of books he'd been carrying, along with his bag, Finley turned to the two blondes in the room. "Hey, sorry. It's been a frantic day, y'know? NEWT studies don't take time off." He offered a lopsided grin, then adjusted his glasses and dug through his bag until he located his wand. Perfect. What else was he missing? Was he missing anything? He pulled his bag off his shoulder, setting it beside his books. He then turned back to the others. Hopefully they didn't mind that he was a bit frazzled.

Finley Archer of House Ravenclaw

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trying hard to fight these tears. I'm crazy worried
Messing with my head this fear I'm so sorry
You know you gotta get it out I can't take it
That's what being friends about. I want to cry I can't deny
Tonight I wanna up and hide and get inside
It isn't right I gotta live in my life
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Push until you can't and then demand more
You and me together, we can make it better

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Dueling Room
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden, Chadwick, and Finley so far
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Dueling practice
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's a very nice evening...

Callie was excited for dueling club. Sure, she wasn't very good at dueling, but it meant she could spend time with some of her closest pals, she'd endure. The blonde had tied her hair back in a rare ponytail for the club, one of the few times her long hair wasn't left down. Hopefully it didn't look as weird as it felt, anyway. Once at the club, she spotted a very frazzled looking Finley (she still had to thank him for his flawless help in music club), Chadwick was doing up some paperwork, and Eden was practicing against a dummy. He looked like he'd been here a while. "Hello boys! I do hope I'm not interrupting the fun~" Her soft voice flitted into the room, the girl looking somehow both out of place and very much like she belonged perfectly. Perhaps it was her dress...

Calliope Whitethorne of House Hufflepuff

{{OoC: Callie is wearing this with flats}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Mattie"Matilda Rose Harper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx<Gryffindor 3rd Year> <Muggleborn> <Little Sister> <Fighter and Dreamer><Dueling Club, Fite Club, and Music Club Member><Budding Artist of the Sword><Reserve Beater>
Wearing: A purple floral tanktop and a white skater skirt and combat boots
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mattie absolutely adored Dueling Club. It was one of her favorite clubs perhaps right behind music club or almost equal to music club. She felt like a bundle of energy lately and she was totally ready to hex someone given the chance. As she arrived she noted her brother was there practicing already. She supposed she wasn't the only Harper who loved the club. Given their raising it was hard for them to resist it, after all.

Beaming she spotted Chadwick with the normal paperwork. "Hi! What are we focusing on today? Can we do curses and hex work? I totally want something wicked to learn today!" She was practically bouncing on the tips of her toes as she inquired about the meeting plans. Maybe she was being annoying but wasn't bubbly a good thing? Being bubbly was no doubt a good thing, Mattie decided as she began to fill out her form.

Matilda Rose Harper (Mattie) of House Gryffindor

Mattie turned noticing Calliope, Eden's girlfriend and thus blackmail material. She decided to give no ill will towards the girl considering it wasn't Callie's fault that her and Eden's parents were perfectionist monsters. Smiling, Mattie asked, "Hey Callie, you want to partner with me? I'm sure you spend enough time with my brother as is. Don't you get tired of him?" She ended teasing the senior student feeling bold and not seeing anything to lose in doing so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                𝐼 𝓇𝑒𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓎 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝓉𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓅𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒
                                                𝒯𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝐼 𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Freedom? Freedom is quite a big thing to ask for, dear
                                                I find you have to learn to grasp it yourself
                                                Rarely is it simply given
                                                Perhaps you'll find your own way in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:37 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor walked into the room, knowing fully that the club was open to second years and above. However, she had heard talk of first years being welcome to watch, so she decided she’d check it out (and definitely stick around for the actual duels). By the time she arrived, she was delighted to see that the club looked to be rather popular. She also couldn’t help but take in the outfit an older girl was wearing – that dress made her look like she could whoop some arse. “Wow, I love your outfit! Very innocent yet badass fighter chic,” she commented, directing her attention to Calliope. “Oh, um, I’m a first year but I was told first years are allowed to watch?” she asked, directing her question to everyone in the room this time but mainly to the older blonde girl since she had already spoken to her. Perhaps it wasn’t her place to respond or maybe she didn’t know the answer, but someone was bound to know. “Should I still fill out this form?” she asked as she stepped into the room, grabbed one and quickly filled it out.

Taylor Olson of House Gryffindor

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Addaellis
Cinnabun Gryffie
mc2

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:51 pm
User Image

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Sixth Year Slytherin

▬▬"If you don't expect to like someone and then you do, that's an incredibly exciting moment."▬▬

Chadwick smiled as Finley came in, saying he had been busy wih NEWTs, Chadwick was fine with it, school was school. Besides, Finley was kind of cute when he was in a rush and was frazzled. He gave Finley a hair ruffle of acknowledgement, then as he was about to answer when several more people came in. He nodded to Callie, glad she was still coming to dueling. She was followed by a very excited Mattie, who Chadwick couldn't just let the questions roll unanswered like he could with Callie and Finley, if he ignored Eden's sister...Eden would probably kill him.

"Hey there Callie, Mattie. You aren't interrupting anything...well maybe the likeliness of smootches, but I believe that can wait. I think today we're going to just focus on basic form, maybe some simple charms? I think this year I want to do a few more things with spells that you don't think of using in duels, like using lumos to blind someone?" Chadwick nodded, he had thought of that on the fly, he had no idea what he was doing today, he had forgotten to plan his dueling club meetings out. He smiled as Mattie turned over to Callie, and mentioned about being tired of spending time with Eden. Chadwick barely saw the guy and thought he spent too much time with Eden. Callie was truly a saint for spending so much time with him.

Someone Chadwick thought was a first year came in, he was pleased that there was fresh blood, ut conerned at first. Thankfull she knew already she could only watch. He nodded to her. "Yeah hey, welcome to dueling. You can definately watch, maybe you'll pick up a few tricks. But you won't actually be able to participate in any duels. If we're only doing form you can probably step in and join, but no duels. And don't take your knowledge from here and challenge other first years, I don't need a war on my hands."

Include in first post:
[b](CHARACTER'S NAME) of House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/b]

Current Forms

Finley Archer of House Ravenclaw

Calliope Whitethorne of House Hufflepuff

Matilda Rose Harper (Mattie) of House Gryffindor

Taylor Olson of House Gryffindor - Not Eligible for Duels

Where: Dueling Club
With Whom: People
Thinking about: <3 <3 <3

kiska166

mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

[/  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:17 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

sixth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Language Club student
Namaste Club yogi || Quidditch beater and captain

Since classes hadn’t started, Eden was in the Dueling Club space almost an hour before the club started, throwing spells at a practice dummy. He hadn’t needed a stupid OWL grade and a lecture from his parents to know his wandless magic sucked.

When Chadwick had come to open the club and sighed in exasperation that he was half an hour early, Eden just mumbled a greeting and switched to his wand, which was much more comfortable--although given the mere E he’d gotten in Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts, that wasn’t much better. Chadwick at least seemed to think he had good form--well... good. That was to be expected.

He paused when Calliope arrived, a gentle smile crossing his face ”Hey Starflower.” Callie always looked nice and prim and--Eden blinked when he realized his girlfriend was wearing a bona fide dress. It seemed more appropriate for a tea session than dueling? ”Callie, you have more... appropriate attire, right?---N-Not that you don’t always look fantastic! Just. We wouldn’t want to get your nice dresses sweaty or dirty, right?” s**t, was that okay? He didn’t mean--okay, he had meant to be critical, but not hurtfully!

Eden was almost relieved when Mattie, more bubbly than usual, and an unfamiliar girl that had to be a first year arrived and addressed Callie. He noticed...a little disappointedly that his baby sister still wasn’t talking to him, but...well, at least she was getting along with his girlfriend? The first year also obviously disagreed on the appropriateness of dresses in dueling. Now that he thought of it, Aidene was always raving about “combat skirts” too. Was this a thing? He hadn’t corrected Aidene simply because she was older and it wouldn’t be polite to, but Merlin’s flapping robes he did not understand why anyone would prefer a skirt to pants in a combat situation.

Eden sighed with a small smile and waved for the girls to ”Never mind, have fun, and stay safe, okay?” before heading back to join Chadwick and the others.

As usual, Chadwick seemed to have some interesting, albeit unconventional ideas. ”I mean, in that vein of thought, you could use Accio to summon another weapon. Not sure what would be more useful than a wand, but you could use it to summon...like a broom or a potion?”

setting Dueling Club, Fall 2053 || with dueling club people S
appearance 5’8”, fit || wearing light camo jacket and cargo pants
status wtf is dueling....fashion?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Don’t close your eyes, it’ll all be okay
Come dry yourself beside the fire
Made of all those former worries that you’ve carried inside you
There’s no need for names
Just let them burn, we’ll warm ourselves with the flames

♖♜
~"The River with No Name" by Radical Face.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Dueling Room
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden, Chadwick, Finley, Mattie, and a so-far unnamed First Year
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Dueling practice
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This should be exciting~

Callie matched Eden's grin toward her, then felt a surge of joy when he called her by the nickname he'd chosen for her. It was then that he looked a little... startled, perhaps? He questioned her attire, then hastily complimented her, then asked again, though more subtly. The younger blonde nodded, a dreamy look crossing her face. "I suppose I do have other clothes I could wear... but dueling club is to prepare for the possibility of a real duel outside the club... so it makes sense I'd wear clothes like normal... I think. That way I'm not ever a damsel in distress all on my own~" She nodded a bit, thinking her logic tracked, at least enough for herself.

It was then that Mattie wandered in, asking if she were possibly interrupting, along with asking what the days plans were. Chadwick, their intrepid leader, claimed they weren't interrupting, then mentioned possible smooches. Callie noticed that Finley snorted quietly while a tinge of color filled his cheeks. It completely whooshed over Callie's head that she was also very much part of a possibly-smooching couple. She shook herself out of her thoughts a bit, realizing that she'd almost completely missed Chadwick's speech. Oops. Maybe she could get a recap later...

A younger girl, perhaps one of the new first years (or possibly someone Callie simply hadn't encountered yet), walked in, then happily exclaimed that she liked Callie's dress. "Why thank you! I do quite love this dress. Perhaps next meeting I'll go for practicality over design~" She nodded, thinking that would satisfy all parties. It was then that the younger girl (indeed a first year) asked Callie about joining requirements. At that, Callie gently swooped her arm to gesture toward Chadwick, since he had the final say. Luckily, he quickly took over, answering her question nicely.

Just as Callie went to walk over to Eden, Mattie stopped her, asking if she'd like to partner with her instead. Apparently she held the belief that Callie would get tired of spending time with him... for some reason. "Oh, no, I don't suppose I ever have gotten tired of being around him. But then, I'm never tired of being around those in high regard. As for pairing up, I certainly don't mind.. though we'll have an odd man out, it seems."

"That can be me. I've got to work on my forms... and maybe also my Defence essay. Ehe. You'd think dating the captain I'd be better prepared for the club." Finley chuckled nervously, looking a bit stressed out already from all the work placed upon seventh years. "Well, I suppose that answers that. It'll be a battle of blondes... times two~" Callie nodded, happy with this plan. Plus if someone else joined in, Finley could spar against them to maintain the numbers... flawless.

{{OoC: Callie is wearing this with flats}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

mc2

kiska166

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Dueling Club
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Finley and a few other students
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Dueling Practice
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Thank goodness someone can talk for me...
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Curious

Simon was a bit nervous for Dueling club. Sure, he'd come a few times last year, but that was only to discover he was not very good at dueling. Admittedly, part of the problem was that he was only starting second year, therefore only had a limited spell list. This year, he was a teensy bit more confident, since he knew more spells. Maybe he'd keep coming, keep trying, to see if he could get the hang of dueling. This year he was also going to be learning wandless magic, which paired with his already non-verbal spellwork, would make his dueling skill rise... if he could figure out how Professor Lovette actually... did wandless magic. Maybe one day.

Walking in, Simon offered a tiny wave, hair turning a soft teal as he listened to the older kids talk about possible ideas for the year. Luckily, most of the people he knew, either from other clubs, or this one last year, so he wasn't panicking about all the people. One of them, Finley from Music club, waved back, then offered a small, albeit disjointed, sign. "Hi S-i-m-o-n!" He looked rather pleased, and Simon was proud of him. Finley was special, since Simon knew him well before school, way back at Wool's. When Simon showed up at Music Club in his first year, Finley started learning some BSL. He wasn't particularly good at it, but Simon was just so happy he was trying. "Hi Finley! Hi everyone!"

He stepped over and filled out a form, his small handwriting barely covering any of the page. Oh well. It was filled out. "Hey, Chadwick, if you want, I can pair off with Eden, and you can help Simon. You're a lot better with newer duelists. Plus you can practice against nonverbal magic with Simon." Finley offered, gesturing at the colorful newcomer. Simon nodded happily, sending a thankful grin toward the older Ravenclaw.

Simon Blake of House Hufflepuff

{{OoC: minor edits, sorry}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

I ᴡɪʟʟ sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ.
          Dɪᴢᴢʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ ʟɪʟʏ ᴘɪɴᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴜɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴅs ᴛᴏᴏ ꜰʟᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙʟɪɴᴋ,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴄʏ ʙʟᴜᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀɪʀʏᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴛʀᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴘᴀʀᴋʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ.
          Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙɪᴇs, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴀᴍᴘᴇɴ ᴍʏ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:59 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood

“Nooo, that outfit looks so cool. Totally a dueling type of outfit,” Taylor reassured Calliope, nodding enthusiastically. She was a tad worried that maybe she didn’t dress super practically to dueling, considering she could barely walk in heels (but she was learning!). However, she figured she’d also be sitting for a good chunk of the club considering she couldn’t participate. Tay glanced towards Chadwick as the blonde girl gestured towards him and he piped up, confirming that she’d be able to watch and even step in and join when they worked on form. “Sounds good. I’ll just wait until next year to challenge others,” she said with a grin. She couldn’t wait to kick some Wellbelove butt. It was only the first week of classes and those quadruplets were already getting on her nerves. She was pleased to see that none of them had shown up. Perhaps a club where they couldn’t fully participate was a bore to them, but Taylor thought it’d still be plenty of fun.

Her eyes wandered back over to Callie when another blonde girl ask her to be partners, claiming that she probably spent too much time with her brother was it was. What was going on there? Like a dog, Taylor perked up, listening and looking around the room. Her eyes landed on a blonde boy. Ah, that must be her brother, she figured, considering he and the other blonde girl looked very alike. Callie mentioned that she had never gotten tired of being around him, so Taylor just had to ask, “Are you two, like, dating?” She quickly glanced at Eden, then looked back at Calliope. Another boy had walked in almost immediately afterwards, but Taylor ignored him as she was much more interested in knowing what was going on between the older kids.

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Addaellis
Cinnabun Gryffie
mc2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

✌ Chadwick ✌ Knapp ✌
Seventh Year Slytherin

Chadwick sighed as he set up dueling for the final lesson of the year. They would all be going one on one, and doing a dueling tourney of sorts. He had hoped all the young ones had learned something this year, and hoped that Mattie would make the club thrive in the coming years.

He laid out his bracket and wrote his name, then Eden's. He was ready for their rematch from years ago. He wrote a note on the bracket sheet that as every 2 people came in, they should write their name down, then start their duel with their partner, and wait for further instruction once their duel was won.

Chadwick walked to the furthest dueling area and began stretching, hoping Eden would get the message that he was to come down where Chadwick was.
Chadwick Talks

In first post please fill out:

Where: deling club
With Whom: Eden soon? other dueling peeps
Thinking about: rematch muwhahaha

addaellis

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:10 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

seventh year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Language Club student
Namaste Club yogi || Quidditch beater and captain

The last Wednesday before NEWTs. The last Dueling Club meeting. It was odd to think that he had been at Hogwarts for seven years now, and that in less than a month he’d be done with NEWTs, graduated, and hopefully in a job somewhere.

One thing at a time. He’d be lucky if he could make it to NEWTs without his brain exploding.

Eden headed out to Dueling after making a quick pit stop to change after Transfiguration. ”Chadwick,” he greeted, seeing the captain. He picked up the pen sign himself in when he realized his name was already printed on a tournament bracket. Eden stared for a moment before letting out a short sigh and smile. It feels right that we end our last meeting against each other?” he remarked as he joined Chadwick.

Eden drew his wand and looked across the way. Chadwick had been a dueling rival, a dating coach, a romantic rival, and finally a friend. ”Well, ready when you are.” They set up a protective space, went through the opening pleasantries, and faced off.

In all his duels, Eden tended to take a conservative approach, focusing on defensive spells and looking for key points to counterattack. The shortest duels between them had been a successful counterattack on the first spell, and a missed counterattack. But Chadwick would know and expect that from him, just as Eden knew he had to stay vigilant and not fall for Chadwick’s distractions. They had settled into battles of patience, with the occasional mix up. So. To spice things up for today, Eden launched the first offensive: ”Everte Statum.”

setting Final Dueling Club meeting(June 2055) || with Chadwick
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing shirt and shorts
status A good tourney to wrap things up.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
They see you as small and helpless
They see you as just a child
Surprise when they find that a warrior will soon run wild.
Prepare for your greatest moments
Prepare for your finest hour
The dream that you've always dreams is suddenly about to flower.
♖♜
~"This Will be the Day" from RWBY. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:13 pm
User Image
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Twelve Years Old - Second Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Member of the Daily Dragon, Art Club, and Dueling Club

Taylor had been having a lot more fun at Dueling this year than she had last, and she was a tad bummed that this would be their last meeting of the year. Last year, she mostly sat around and watched (and talked a lot) but this year, she got to join in on all the action. Upon walking in, she could feel some sort of tension between Chadwick and Eden. She wasn’t quite sure what to call this energy – hostility perhaps? But friendlier. Not more than only a second must have passed before she realized that the two were in a duel, and that everyone would be in a duel with someone else. A mischievous grin stretched across Taylor’s face as she walked around the boys, avoiding getting in the way, and scribbled her name on one side of a bracket. Once finished, she tossed the pen to the side and watched the duel in front of her as she waited for her opponent to walk through the door.

Taylor Olson of House Gryffindor

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Dueling Club
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Taylor, Kai, Chadwick, and Eden
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Dueling Tournament
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope this goes well
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Focused

Simon was pretty excited about the final dueling club meeting this year. Chadwick had set up a big tournament that they were all set to participate in. As he walked in, his hair changed from a bright pink to a dark blue as his nerves picked up. So far there weren't many people here, and the two oldest were already locked in a duel. He looked over at the chart, spotting only one other name written down. Taylor. He glanced over at the girl, a second year if he remembered correctly. Well, it would be interesting. At least they had the same amount of experience in dueling, apart from his extra years in DADA class. Grabbing the quill there, he signed his name on the same bracket as Taylor, then he did a bit of stretching.

"Simon! Wait up I -woo- I'm coming! I wanna watch!" Simon looked over, hair turning a bright teal in curiosity. When his younger cousin hurried in, a camera in hand. He'd offered to try and take pictures of the event, even though he wasn't super familiar with Simon's camera. Kai waved at Simon, then the girl he'd stepped closer to. Taylor, maybe? "Perfect timing, do you want to be my voice?"

After Kai agreed to speak up for Simon, the older boy cleared the gap between himself and Taylor. "Hi Taylor, it looks like we're set up to duel each other. If you'd like, we can start now. Otherwise, we can wait a bit." He signed, his hands moving a bit slower than they were used to. Kai was pretty good at signing, but he wasn't yet up to Simon's speed. "Alright, so he said you two are s'posed to -woo- duel each other. Um... -woo ooh- he also wants to know if you're ready to start, or if you wanna -tch- wait." He grimaced at his twitchy tics, feeling weird for doing so in front of someone he didn't know. Luckily Simon would protect him.

After getting an affirmative, Simon walked to one of the areas set aside for a duel. Before drawing his wand, he signed over to Taylor (while making sure Kai could still see), "Good luck, and hopefully we have a pretty fun time." He offered a small smile, then stepped back a bit. "He said um... good luck, and also -woo- that you'll have a fun time. I'm pretty sure." Simon laughed, no sound escaping. After they did the motions to begin the duel, he started off with a silent cast of Obscuro. Hopefully temporarily blindfolding her would throw her off and start the duel in his favor.

kiska166

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff