Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
::.. Bound by a Dream ..:: Accepting//Open Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 pm
Introduction
------

If you could change anything about yourself with a single wish, what would it be? Would you wish to be stronger? Faster? Would you wish to be smarter? Wittier? More beautiful? With this premis alone, the possibilities for change are endless. However, one must wonder the worth of such gifts if they are not earned. The core person within remains ultimately unchanged, meaning that the result of said wish is nothing short of superficial.

What happens, then, when your gift comes with a price?

Five normal individuals were simultaneously taken to an alternate world, each with a different wish and power derived from said wish. In return for having their greatest personal desire granted, these individuals are to serve an unstated purpose. Until that unstated purpose is fufilled to its fullest, they will all be unable to die or return from whence they came.

That would not be such a problem if this alternate world in question were not so difficult to bear.

Some say that a world without death would be a pleasant one. Those few fail to consider the consequences of such a place, especially if the world in question was a hellish wasteland of violence and eternal vice. Which, in this case, it's all that in borderline monochrome packaging.

To make matters worse, a great evil has just been released from its prison. Once more a notorious being roams the land, spreading suffering and destruction in its wake. As vicious and forgiving as this world is, even the most brutal of individuals cowers at the mere thought of this wicked person.

Some of the fated five have taken it upon themselves to face this evil. Others involve themselves in the complex politics of this world and its culture. No matter what, though, each of the fated five are searching for their purpose and their hopefully inevitable release upon fufilling said purpose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:11 pm
Factions, Cultural Notes, and Other Interesting Facts
------

I'll come back to this later. It's more like an in-roleplay codex, so it won't become relevant until things are set up and we've had a chance to do some world-building.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:17 pm
Needed Players
------

Key/Legend
bolded = temporarilly reserved. keep an eye on these in case the reservee cops out for any reason.

underlined = desperately needed

normaltext = available but not necessary (yet) to continue.

italicized = claimed

-FATED FIVE-
one
two
three
four
five

-----

-BIG BADDIES-
unleashed evil
arch-minion one
arch-minion two
minion one
minion two
minion three

-----

NOTES:

If you want a role that is listed on here, be absolutely sure to PM me first so we can discuss our expectations and ideas for any given role. For example, the "Unleashed evil" might possibly be a big bad and a jerky tyrant, but she's/he's not literally an ultimate embodiment of all things dark and wicked. She's/he's just a BAMF tyrant who has a terrible reputation and quite possibly solves more problems with brutal violence than she/he should.

Another example would be the fated five. Each will get one power based on their ultimate personal wish, but the thing is, I decide what powers each of the fated five get. I need to make sure that each are as unique as possible and that they don't cross the thresh-hold into full out MarySuedom. Kind of obvious when you think about it.

Other roles as I add them might have more expectations and thoughts/meanings behind them so again, discuss things with me before sending in a profile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 pm
Rules
------

1. As I've already said, I will be choosing the powers for the Fated Five. I will discuss things with you and I'll be happy to exchange ideas with you. To make things easier on both of us, nothing is set in stone until you've sent your profile in - which should give us plenty of time to discuss the pros and cons of any given powers.

2. This is the obligatory "follow Gaia's Terms of Service" rule, followed by the not-so-obligatory jab at the illiterates who have yet to read it.

3. No character can die unless certain special conditions are met. As of the start of the roleplay, these conditions cannot be met yet - so don't bother trying to kill anybody off. They will just slowly regenerate or end up with a permanent physical scar. A character can be RETCONNED OUT OF EXISTANCE/WRITTEN OUT as I see fit, though, so keep that in mind before you start ******** up. Keep in mind that it is believed in-RP that one cannot die in this world.

4. If something's been established as CANON in-RP as far as certain beliefs or practices go as described in the IN-RP CODEX, don't ******** contradict it unless your character is intended to be wrong or otherwise sarcastic in the matter. (For example, someone trying to claim an evil warrior faction to be filled with generous pacifists.) On a similar note, don't have alternate-world residents make refferences to the real world or real people unless one of the fated five make such a refference and explain it to said otherworlder. (For example, the big bad's not going to have a clue who Justin Bieber or Seth Green is.) As one can imagine, this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

5. Depending on how bad the offence is, you'll either get ONE SINGLE WARNING or you'll be INSTA-BANNED if you god-mod without my permission. It might be justified for story-telling and/or bannage reasons at any given time, so I'm not going to say "never do it". So instead I'm saying "never do it unless I tell you to do it".

6. Use the template provided in this thread for all profiles. Do not remove the alignment or sizing. Do not bold everything. Do not remove any important sections of the profile. If you fail to follow this rule I'll reject your profile and make you fix the mistake yourself.

7. PM all profiles to me, Animeprincess_9400. Entitle them whatever you wish so long as I know it's for this given RP, as I tend to use very similar profile skeletons in all my roleplays.

8. If you reserve any given role, the reservation is only good for three days afterwards. If you fail to send in a given profile without a prestated reason, I will open the role back up and give someone else a try at it.

9. Try to post at least once a week if you can. Unless I'm given a notice ahead of time, I will send reminders on the eighth day of inactivity for people to start posting. If you are having difficulty due to block or exclusion just let me know and I'll help you find your way back in. If you are no longer interested in the RP, just tell me as soon as you realise it instead of dissappearing without a trace. I won't be offended. My feelings won't be hurt in the least. (After all, I've been in that position too and it sucks.)

10. Have fun! More rules will be added or edited later as I see fit.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm
Skeleton
------

[align=right][size=8][color=xxxxx][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]World:[/b] Real or Otherworld
[b]Power:[/b] If Fated Five. Delete if Otherworlder. Otherwise, LEAVE BLANK.
[b]Personality:[/b] Two to three sentences OR five listed traits.
[b]Bio:[/b] Four sentences minimum, each a minimum of four words.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Pic or Lengthy description.
[b]Other:[/b] Extra info[/color][/size][/align]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:23 pm
Fated Five
------

Username: Luciiraptar
Name: Amalia Alazane
World: Real
Power: Super-strength, tattoo glows red when she's going into super-human territory. Amalia's strength cap is 6000kg. However, after using her power, she's proportionately weakened by half the strenght increase. For example, if she added 1/2 strength, for a while afterwards she'd be 1/4 her original strength. The length of time for this penalty is determined by how long she was using her strength.
Personality: Quiet, passive. She doesn't like how much people walk over her, but she doesn't know how to get them to stop. Enjoys solitude and reading.
Bio: She was born in Minnesota and then promptly moved all around America with her mother; then, eventually, they moved to England for a year, and then back to America. At some point she caught mononucleosis from a pretty girl (which later almost killed her) who swore she wasn't contagious, and was forced into unwanted sexual contact with an older woman; these two incidents influenced her later mental state very much, making her introverted and wary of trusting people, but also very submissive, going along with almost anything anyone says.
Appearance: User Image
Other: Carries a backpack full of books at all times.

Username: Ayame-Yuura
Name: Zilaius Rustell
Power: greater leg strength, giving him borderline inhuman running speed and able to give one hell of a nasty kick.
Personality: Zil is more often cheerful, charismatic and supportive. He is, however, bothered by his past so he tends to be quiet and serious when alone. His person is more and deeper than just his external idiotic persona, but rarely shows this out of fear of rejection or suspicion.
Bio: Zil's parents died of sickness when he was young. They were dirt poor and the government did nothing to intervene so his four siblings were left in his care. They did not accept him as an authority figure and ended up hating and disrespecting him always even if he brought home the food in their makeshift house. Zil was able to stay at his private school because of his track and field sprinting scholarship and the small living allowance that came with it. This increased his siblings' hatred of him as they were forced to transfer to public school. As a boy, he helped delivering drugs and taking care of drug mules but when he grew of age, he got out of that business and began working part-time jobs after school and the sprint races. He was a waiter by night and worked several odd jobs during the weekends to make ends meet. But one day, his house was attacked when he refused to return to the drug trade business. His siblings were tortured and killed. When he arrived home from work after receiving that disturbing phone call, it was too late. His siblings' bodies and several pictures of them being tortured were scattered on the floor of their living room. Zil broke down... If only he had been there sooner.
Other: Zil was not the best sprinter as it was rare that he placed in competitions, which frustrates him since cash prizes usually came with winning

Username: Zelly-fangirl
Name: Ruri Cordell
Power: Can change her body's appearance to become an exact replica of another person down to their voice.
Personality: Ruri's terribly shy, quiet, timid, and easily shaken. She gets a tad flustered when she's given any sort of attention as she's used to being in the background, a place she's almost happy to be in.
Bio: Ruri always felt like her life was perfect. Her father was really nice and always spent time with her and her mom, who was a beautiful singer. As a little girl she idolized her and always wanted to be a singer when she grew up. Her life was like a dream. But we all have to wake up from our dreams at some point. When she was just about to enter middle school, her mother died in a car accident. As the days went by, her father threw himself into his work and it became a rarity to spend any time with him at all. Her friends had all gone to different schools, so she couldn't even turn to them for support. The days just dragged on for her and she realized she was essentially alone, wishing she could go back to the days when people were there for her and cared for her.
Appearance:User Image
Other: Has a hidden passion for singing, as it reminds her of her mother and happier days.

Username: ReaperInBlack
Name: Julie Briarwood
Power: Pyromancy
Personality: Julie is a thorny person. She is bold and she will respect you only if you do the same in return. She doesn't care to let people into her world and typically won't. She is forthright and would beat around the bush for no one. She wouldn't be outright harsh though. If someone asks for her opinion, she'll give it, otherwise, If she has nothing nice to say, she'll say nothing at all.
Bio: Julie grew up in a bit of a bit of a difficult family. In the beginning, it wasn't exactly happy, but it wasn't a tragedy either. Her parents were married for fifteen years, but began to have disagreements after a while. They both filed for divorce, figuring that things weren't working out. However, they didn't go through with it and re-kindled their relationship. But just as things began to look up, their house caught on fire. Everything was engulfed in flames. Julie escaped the house, having inhaled so much smoke that she couldn't speak for a month of two. Her parents were scorched in the flames dying from suffocation first.
Appearance:
User Image
Other: Ever since her house burned down, Julie has a deathly fear of fire. She also doesn't talk very much, considering the fact that she had only gotten her voice back just a few months ago.

Username: Mad Haru
Name: Jamie Anderson
Power: Jamie can read minds, to some extent. He knows how people feel, the general emotions and such, but nothing too specific. For instance, he would be able to tell that someone is troubled by a recent divorce, but not the man's password for his bank account.
Personality: Jamie is very impressionable, and takes to heart what others think. He's also very easy to convince one way or another on important topics.
Bio: Jamie has never been the strongest or the smartest of people, and he's always worrying what others think about him. So, when given the chance to know what others are thinking about him, he took it.
Other:

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 pm
"Baddies"
------

Username:Shiningdragon21
Name:Kyoshero Nakamata
Gender:Male....Don't believe me I will show you right now you useless twit.
World: Otherworld
Personality: Kyosero or Kyo is...Well depending on his mood anywhere from kind and caring to willing to cut down anyone that even sneezes in his direction. His personality is as varied as as the channel on a tv when the remote is handed to a child. While he is considered the Ultimate Evil he has on many occasions shown both kindness and care to a group of people only to dice the next group into small little bits. He can have a very very morbid sense of humor or even enjoy light humored pranks that are harmless to who there pulled on. Basicly he's personality wise bat s**t insane.
Bio: Well he has been sealed away for one only knows how long. Do you know what kind of crick it puts in your back when you awaken from being sealed at all. Not a good one in the least and now that Kyo is out....well he hasn't really put much plans into what he was going to do. The world cowers at him tho some are more confused by his actions more then fear them. His master evil plan hasn't even been hatched up yet. He has said he will get around to it but for the moment it's pretty evident that he's likely lying about that.
Appearance: Unleased "Evil"
Other: DO you see those swords? God can you begin to imagine how many people they have killed. Oh if that metal could talk it would probably be all like. "I didn't wake up this morning intending to kill and be badass. But some times s**t happens."

Username: Animeprincess_9400
Name: Mara
World: No one is certain. She looks and for the most part dresses as if she came from the real world, but her skills and knowledge of the world around her suggest that she's an Otherworlder. Most simply assume she's the latter for convenience's sake, as she gives increasingly ambiguous answers to any who bother to ask.
Personality: Mara is a cheerful and outgoing person with a surprisingly crude and morbid sense of humor sprinkled with a love for childish delinquency. Every now and then she drops her facade of blissful cheer to reveal a frighteningly cold and violent side of herself. Thankfully, the latter scenario does not happen often.
Bio: Not much is known of Mara's past, and considering her elusive nature, not much is likely to be revealed. Beyond that, Mara knows more about the world and its going ons than she leads on. Some say that she had something to do with the "Great Evil's" release. Others say that she's just an attention whore who loves tall tales too much for her own good. Regardless of what the truth of the matter might be, everyone knows that she does in fact work with the "Great Evil" and knows more about the world's going ons than her behavior might initially imply.
Appearance: Mara
Other: How the ******** does she walk so easilly in those heals? I mean god DAMN. On a more serious note, she seems to regenerate her health more rapidly than her peers when wounded.

Username: Luciiraptar
Name: Elizybyth
Personality: Absolutely insane. Incredibly sadistic. Psychotic. Hates all small, cuddly animals except for kittens. Prone to stabbery, generally in the kidneys.
Bio: She's shrouded in mystery, except for her like of stabbing and kidneys. Whenever anyone asks her about her past, she either smiles mysteriously or stabs them in the kidney. A big part of her secret past is evil rabbits, puppies, and mice; upon seeing any of these, she immediately flies into a terrible, stabbing rage. However, she carries kittens with her at all times.
Other: Stronger than most and very precise; can cut limbs off, if her target is moving slowly enough. Also, very insane. Important to recap that.

Username: Zelly-fangirl
Name: Rally
Personality: Rally is like a little kid, always filled with childish glee. Shame it's often directed toward the terrifying. She revels in black comedy, having the most fun doing terrible things and taking part in the most extreme forms of schadenfreude. In short, she's a psychotic little girl.
Bio: If she's got a past, it ain't pretty. Asking her about it usually results in a terrifying and soulless smile while she goes off on how much beautiful blood there was. For those not in the know, it could easily be summed up as childhood trauma, a five year old treated to the horrific slaughter of her family and town which cracked her little mind to the point of loving violence instead of fearing it like she probably should. She's been team evil for a while now, rather impatiently awaiting his return, and has been rumored to have been offered an arch-minion position a few times before. True as this is, she's always turned it down because she doesn't want the extra responsibility, happy in the bottom rung where she can do all the dirty work.
Appearance:User Image
Other: Did I mention she likes blood and violence like a three year old likes candy? Because she does.

Username: ReaperInBlack
Name: Caspian
Personality: Caspian is has a tendency to be a bit of a deviant. He is laid-back, which for him, laid-back is just a nicer term for lazy, and usually hates being forced to do something when he really doesn't have to. He is, however, a very curious creature and would resort to mischievous ways of sating such curiosity, even I that means defying a higher-up. The only one he would be sure to listen to is the one surely in charge (and maybe the psycho from time to time) and that's only because he would like to not have his body parts scattered about for such a petty reason. Despite his laid-back nature, Caspian does enjoy fighting. Something about the adrenalin rushing through him makes him addicted to it. He's addicted to being stronger than someone, which makes him despise having to answer to anyone. Of course, he doesn't really display that aspect of himself as he probably could. He does know how to bite his tongue when he needs to.
Bio: There really isn't much to know about his past. Caspian was born into a family that was pretty well off. His parents were killed around the time he was ten, only to later find out that he was the one who killed him. He did it swiftly. He wasn't heartless. It was just that he had to kill them or someone else would slowly. He had lived as a hired killer for a while, and didn't hesitate to wipe out whoever he could in the process, and sooner or later he had found himself on the bad guy's team.
Appearance:
User Image
Other: He's good at close-combat, but is also excellent at throwing sharp weapons. He has no true talents, he's just fast.

Username:Malestifia

Name:Koishii

World:Otherworld

Personality: Laid back and lazy, enjoys having fun, very childlike at times but has a secondary side that makes him lose all humor and become only completely serious. It's like he snaps back into reality, though it rarely lasts long.

Bio: Koishii was born into a world of immense pain. His father was a warrior and the punishments set to Koishii for his misbehavior were often far too harsh. One incident his father made a large cut along Koishii's eyes for a practical joke of taking all the swords at the house and sticking them into the ceiling so no one could reach them. This blinded Koishii for eight years. Though it did not stop his childish behavior. He continued to pull pranks and he grew to adapt to his blindness. He trained hard to fight and grow strong despite this weakness. Even now, with the blindness gone and his eyes healed, Koishii still wears a blindfold over his eyes to hide a large scar over his eyes. He fights with this blindfold on and rarely takes it off. It is what made him noticeable towards others and allowed them to see his true potential. His father died in combat, giving his life for the one he served. Koishii would not follow that same path. He would not serve anyone else for the sake of serving them. He would be who he wanted when he wanted and the world would be his playground. He developed a split personality to cover up all of his pain, one of his two personalities barely remembers any of the things that happened to him at all when he was young. The other carries the burden of all that has happened.

Appearance: User Image (Without the wings, just too hard to try and draw a new pic without them.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm
Accepted Characters
------

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:28 pm
Updates
------

CLOSED//ACCEPTING PROFILES

--

NO CODEX UPDATES YET

--

RP WILL START AS ARCH-MINION 1 FREES BIG BAD AND FATED FIVE WAKE IN THE OTHERWORLD.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:22 pm
Reserved
------

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points