Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)
Costume Contest 5/10 (Judging)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:13 pm
User Image

Pumpkinmon loves Halloween and he loves dressing up! SO he's decided to hold a Costume Contest to see which of his friends are the most creative!

Submit a Tektek creation of a Halloween Costume, the first 10 complete submissions will be entered into the competition for the prize. The Submissions will be able to gain a total of 25 points in the first round of voting which will be conducted by a group of Tamers who will not be competing. The second round of voting will be done on Gaia in the Avatar Discussion forum, they will get to poll vote on their favorite and those points will be added to the total from the first round to give us a winner! Good luck and be creative!

Things to keep in mind: Halloween, Digimon, Costumes, Cosplays, a reference picture will help us compare.

Here are some that fit the Halloween and Digimon Categories:
User Image

Username:
Costume Name:
Tektek Pic: (please post a saved pic, not a link to tektek)
Reference Pic:(Unless it's OC)
Description:
[quote="Lief_7"]I'm ready to trick or treat![/quote]

Your Judges for round 1 will be:
Lief_7
Zadok the 28th
Kazu Matsumoto

Entries:

Quote:
Username: The Nameless Nobody
Costume Name: Undead Fallen Angel
Tektek Pic: User Image
Reference Pic:OC
Description:
One of the Angels that Fell during the War between Angels and Demons. It fell from Heaven and was consumed by all the Hate and Cruelty the World had. And a sudden evil energy forced its way into hi body, due to all the Hate he had absorbed. His White Wings grew black and horns grew on his head. His Silver Eyes glowed and darkened turning red,and a wicked grin appeared on his face. The Angel of Darkness decided to team up with the Demons, and during the battle every Angel attacked him being slayed quite easily, corpses littered the ground. And the Demons whom allied with him were shocked and somewhat scared of this outcome,and they turned on him, attacking him from behind and cutting his skin open, scarring it. He spun and ended up destroying both the Demons and Angels. But it wasnt long before the two groups decided to end their War and target their new enemy. But they came to learn he was Unkillable, and so they decided to trap him in Hallowed Ground, ontop of a Pentacle made of Hell Fire. And so he waits for some poor Soul to free him from his trouble, a grave ontop of his 'Prison.' Sat and if it is cracked...

Quote:
Username: Blademaster Banryu
Costume Name: Gallantmon!
Tektek Pic:
User Image
Reference Pic
Description: A Mega-level Digimon that faces off against all evil, despite being a Virus! Clad in Chrome Digizoid armour, it is armed with the holy lance 'Gram' on its right hand and the holy shield 'Aegis' on its left hand.

Quote:
Username: Unitas Persona
Costume Name: venommyotismon
Tektek Pic: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Reference Pic:Venommyotismon
Description: He's a Demon Beast type Digimon who is half-man and half-beast. He used to behave like a gentleman, although he is formed when he liberates his secret powers, and for some reason the high-reasoned and smart-minded Myotismon hates evolving into this form. His real body lies within his abdomen.

Quote:
Username: TheRedThor
Costume Name: Witchmon
Reference Pic: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110304023944/digimon/images/9/93/Witchmon_b.jpg
Description: Witchmon is a Demon Man Digimon whose name and design are derived from the mythological witch. It came along from "Witchelny", the Digital World of another dimension, in pursuit of its rival, Wizardmon. In its native Witchelny it mastered the sorcery (advanced programming language) of wind and water, and in order to gain an advantage on Wizardmon, who aims to become a great wizard, it followed and diligently trains in this Digital World. It's a little cruel, it has great pride, and it despises customs and rules.

Quote:
Username: Orre Champion Monty
Costume Name: Monty disguised as Team Rocket Underling
Reference Pic: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Description: Team Rocket Underling are members of Team Rocket. They act as fodder, enforcers, workmen, crooks, and backup for various leaders in the criminal organization.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:42 pm
Username: The Nameless Nobody
Costume Name: Undead Fallen Angel
Reference Pic:OC
Description:
One of the Angels that Fell during the War between Angels and Demons. It fell from Heaven and was consumed by all the Hate and Cruelty the World had. And a sudden evil energy forced its way into hi body, due to all the Hate he had absorbed. His White Wings grew black and horns grew on his head. His Silver Eyes glowed and darkened turning red,and a wicked grin appeared on his face. The Angel of Darkness decided to team up with the Demons, and during the battle every Angel attacked him being slayed quite easily, corpses littered the ground. And the Demons whom allied with him were shocked and somewhat scared of this outcome,and they turned on him, attacking him from behind and cutting his skin open, scarring it. He spun and ended up destroying both the Demons and Angels. But it wasnt long before the two groups decided to end their War and target their new enemy. But they came to learn he was Unkillable, and so they decided to trap him in Hallowed Ground, ontop of a Pentacle made of Hell Fire. And so he waits for some poor Soul to free him from his trouble, a grave ontop of his 'Prison.' Sat and if it is cracked...
Lief_7
I'm ready to trick or treat!

Ethan Kirito Soul

Newbie Seeker

6,225 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:58 pm
Username: Blademaster Banryu
Costume Name: Gallantmon!
Tektek Pic:
User Image
Reference Pic
Description: A Mega-level Digimon that faces off against all evil, despite being a Virus! Clad in Chrome Digizoid armour, it is armed with the holy lance 'Gram' on its right hand and the holy shield 'Aegis' on its left hand.

Lief_7

Well, that was the best I could manage, haha.
Now I'm thinking maybe I should have done someone crazy like Boltmon. ~____~ I suppose we only get one entry though. =w= *shrug*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:35 am
Username: Unitas Persona
Costume Name: venommyotismon
Tektek Pic: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Reference Pic:Venommyotismon
Description: He's a Demon Beast type Digimon who is half-man and half-beast. He used to behave like a gentleman, although he is formed when he liberates his secret powers, and for some reason the high-reasoned and smart-minded Myotismon hates evolving into this form. His real body lies within his abdomen.
Lief_7

Unitas Persona

Dangerous Lover

8,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Luigi Egbert

Neophyte Tycoon

9,325 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 pm
Username: TheRedThor
Costume Name: Witchmon
Reference Pic: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110304023944/digimon/images/9/93/Witchmon_b.jpg
Description: Witchmon is a Demon Man Digimon whose name and design are derived from the mythological witch. It came along from "Witchelny", the Digital World of another dimension, in pursuit of its rival, Wizardmon. In its native Witchelny it mastered the sorcery (advanced programming language) of wind and water, and in order to gain an advantage on Wizardmon, who aims to become a great wizard, it followed and diligently trains in this Digital World. It's a little cruel, it has great pride, and it despises customs and rules.
Lief_7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 pm
Username: Orre Champion Monty
Costume Name: Monty disguised as Team Rocket Underling
Reference Pic: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Description: Team Rocket Underling are members of Team Rocket. They act as fodder, enforcers, workmen, crooks, and backup for various leaders in the criminal organization.
Lief_7

Orre Champion Monty

Enduring Browser

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:59 pm
The deadline for this will be tomorrow, if you've got one coming please hurry up, we need to get on to the next stage. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:29 am
-And the Winner Is!

Costume 1: 49
Costume 2: 39
Costume 3: 62
Costume 4: 64
Costume 5: 36

Costume Number 4!
John Egbert Thor

Kimeramon! Congradulations!

User Image

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/nmch1995/Digimon Gaia/Art For Other People/JohnEgbertThor_Kimeramon.png

1]
Costume Number:1
Digimon Related: 0/3
Halloween Related: 5/7
Originality: 5/8
Scary: 6/7
Cluttered: 0/-10
Judging: I thought it was a good character with a nice back story, I think it maybe lost points for us seeing it before but it was a good costume. Well done.
Total: 16/25

2]
Costume Number:2
Digimon Related: 2/3
Halloween Related: 2/7
Originality: 7/8
Scary: 1/7
Cluttered: 1/-10
Judging: It was a good cosplay but not the best one, unfortunately that digimon doesn't have much to do with Halloween so that hurt it a bit. The costume was well done though, felt a little messy though, might have been all the white, Good job.
Total: 11/25

3]
Costume Number:3
Digimon Related: 3/3
Halloween Related: 6/7
Judging: Very well done, this costume hit on all categories very well, that's a great cosplay and a wonderful creature for Halloween. Very Well Done!
Total: 22/25

4]
Costume Number:4
Halloween Related: 7/7
Scary: 5/7
Cluttered: 2/-10
Judging: Well done, great Witchmon cosplay! I think you did a great job getting it to blend, and people will know the digimon immediately!
Great digimon and very Halloween, probably the first creature I think of for Halloween. Well done.
Total: 20/25

5]
Costume Number:5
Halloween Related: 0/7
Originality: 8/8
Scary: 2/7
Judging: Not really anything to do with Digimon or Halloween, great costume just didn't quite fit the categories. Really the only way it would be scary would be if you were a Pokemon , Good job anyways though.
Total: 10/25

Costume Number:Undead Fallen Angel
Originality: 4/8
Cluttered: 0/-10 (they can lose points on this one)
Judging: Well I like the Halloween aspects, but I think the originality is lacking here. I think that combination of items has been used many times over heare on Gaia, and therefore I cant give you full marks there. It is quite scary, and I didnt feel it was cluttered, so good job on those notes!
Total: 17/25

Costume Number: Gallantmon!
Halloween Related: 4/7
Originality: 6/8
Scary: 0/7
Cluttered: -4/-10 (they can lose points on this one)
Judging: Great digimon themes, though I did have some issues. I thought it was a tag cluttered, many items focusing on the waste and head area. And also I thught the shades of red clashed a little too much making it unpleasant for the eyes. I did give it originality because I thought it was an original way to do Gallantmon.
Total: 9/25

Costume Number: Venommyotismon
Scary: 7/7
Cluttered: 3/-10 (they can lose points on this one)
Judging: So I think this is a well executed Venommyotismon. I took away some points because I wish you had found a way to place the big wings on top, and the little wings on bottom as is true to the digimon, as well as the fact there was a good amount going on in the middle.
Total: 2125

Costume Number:
Judging: Very well executed. I see nothing wrong with this and love the fact you even got the face right!
Total: 24/25

Costume Number:
Originality: 3/8
Judging: Well, halloween costume. and I can see the cosplay roots of it. Scary because that guy wants to take my digimon, but originality is low because that exact set of clothing seems to be used for every rocket grunt ever. I would have loved to see a new take on the character.
Total: 14/25

Costume Number: 01
Halloween Related: 5/7
Cluttered: -3/-10
Judging: Fallen Angel? Terrifying! Now then, there seems to be no reference to Digimon here so, nothing there I'm afraid. However overall it's a very pretty avatar! It captures the fear that Halloween should instil in us all. Although I do think that a war between Angels and Demons isn't something you think of right off the bat when one thinks of Halloween the look is good. My only complaint is the gravestone. I feel it gets in the way.
Total: 16/25

Costume Number: 02
Halloween Related: 4/7
Scary: 4/7
Judging: VERY nice! Full marks for Digimon theme! However the costume is not really scary or overly related to Halloween (Aside from dressing up as a dinosaur knight...thing) but the skill that you pulled off this Royal Knight makes up for a lot of that, there is no cluttering and everything on the Avi is there for a reason. Well done!
Total: 19/25

Costume Number: 03
Originality: 4/8
Judging: Very nice! One of the big bad vampire Digimon! Vampires and Halloween are synonymous most of the time so high points there. Just looking at him gives me shivers! While not a very original choice, going for an evil Digimon for Halloween, it's a very well made costume that scores highly on the Halloween and Scary scale!
Total: 19/25

Costume Number: 04
Originality: 6/8
Cluttered: -1/-10
Judging: A fabulous costume! Perfectly hitting both the Digimon and Halloween themes on the dot! While not truely terrifying or original the costume is well made and fits the holiday theme well. The only thing I don't like is the cat, I dunno. Creeps me out.
Total: 20/25

Costume Number: 05
Halloween Related: 2/7
Scary: 2/7
Judging: Umm. Going with the themes I'm judging on there's very little I can say. No Digimon, Team Rocket isn't really Halloween related aside from dressing up and the Avi isn't scary at all. Full Marks for originality though!
Total: 12/25

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers