I could use some pre-baby health advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueSeaSerpent

Ruthless Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:06 am
Hello Everyone~ I'm new to this lovely groupe. Which is a blessing right now because looking into it I found this sub-forum and I have some serious questions about conception.

I'm 21 and in a lifelong committed relationship with my bestfriend and he is wonderful, we are not exactly planning a child quite yet, but my mind keeps coming around to it. But due to a miscarriage just under 2 years ago, the doctor told me I would be hard pressed to conceive let alone carry to full-term.
He explained that due to a low cervix, tilted uterus, and issues with blood not clotting properly it would be very dangerous.

Should I even attempt to conceive? If so what precautions should I take? If not should I look into adoption or surrogate?

Thank you for any advice you may be able to offer  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:06 am
Woman have over come some amazing roadblocks to become mothers. The tilted uterus and low cervix are structural things that they can work around. You can still try. Make sure you to take folic acid supplements even prenatal vitamins while trying to conceive.

The part that is most concerning is the blood not clotting. that makes me think that delivering would be very dangerous for you in particular, the baby may be fine but it sounds like you would be at a high risk for bleeding out. Is it a condition you have all the time? Are you being treated for it?
Because of that I would think that maybe a surrogate would be a safer option for you if you both want a child with your DNA, if that isn't a concern for you and your significant other than maybe adoption would be best, because you can avoid the whole pregnancy issue, and just get to enjoy loving and giving a home to a beautiful baby who really needs it.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

BlueSeaSerpent

Ruthless Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:08 am
MercyWild
Woman have over come some amazing roadblocks to become mothers. The tilted uterus and low cervix are structural things that they can work around. You can still try. Make sure you to take folic acid supplements even prenatal vitamins while trying to conceive.

The part that is most concerning is the blood not clotting. that makes me think that delivering would be very dangerous for you in particular, the baby may be fine but it sounds like you would be at a high risk for bleeding out. Is it a condition you have all the time? Are you being treated for it?
Because of that I would think that maybe a surrogate would be a safer option for you if you both want a child with your DNA, if that isn't a concern for you and your significant other than maybe adoption would be best, because you can avoid the whole pregnancy issue, and just get to enjoy loving and giving a home to a beautiful baby who really needs it.

It's related to an issue with my body not being able to absorb Iron properly, thus the clotting is delayed significantly. The doctor gave me iron supplements but since it is not the amount of iron, but rather absorbing it being the issue, then I'm not quite sure how that's going to treat it. The levels remain the same in my body even two years into taking supplements. It first became an issue and discovered three years back after an ovarian cyst ruptured and placed me in the ER. It was a blood cyst that wouldn't stop bleeding but four hours and a transfusion later I was feeling fine enough to release for observation.

As for a surrogate, that would be prefered but the cost looks so overwhelming that I don't think its possible. But once again, so would the cost of adopting.
Thank you for the boost on the idea that structurally it's not 100% out of the question though, that made me have a little more hope.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 am
I don't know if it will help much but it could help you a little. When I was pregnant with my twins I had to take iron supplements, at the clinic they told me that the human body doesn't absorb much from the Iron supplements so they kept advocating dietary sources (which were sort of out of the question for me because I had such low appetite and an aversion to red meat the entire pregnancy) but one of the nurses I work with told me a trick, if you take supplements with something high in vitamin C, the vitamin C actually helps you absorb more or the iron from the supplement. So that might be worth trying to at least see if you can boost your absorption a little bit.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Angelic_Highlights

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:35 am
Honey women are made for giving birth. In the world mothers just go behind a bush and give birth and struggle with no pain relief or nothing and go through it fine.

When i had my daughter i found out i cannot go into natural birth my body will not dilate or allow me do and therefore i need c sections to have a child. I should not have c section due to the stuff we get given and i had a stroke but i still had my son and i was perfectly fine.

As long as the doctors know all your history up front and can work with it they will be somewhat prepared the only thing is i doubt you could have a home birth or water birth it would need to be in the hospital just incase. They generally would not want to give you a c section due to your blood not clotting but it would not be a issue if you did as they can give you something to help reclot your blood.

Best thing is sit down with your doctor and tell them straight that you want to have children naturally and you need to know everything and how they can help and see what happens.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:52 am
I'd advise taking prenatal vitamins while you're trying to conceive and not using any birth control while having sex. When you have sex make sure to do it while you're ovulating. You will have a higher chance of conceiving this way.

Honestly hun, children are miracles in more than one way. I was told that I would be unable to have children due to some issues and yet, I have had a beautiful 6 lb 7 oz 19 in baby boy who's nothing but a joy in my life.

If you find that you simply cannot get pregnant, I would advise adoption. It's a blessing to the birth parents and to the child that needs a home.  

luna-spiritu-solis

Invisible Prophet

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items