Yes
  Kinda
  Not Really
  Gold!
View Results

uilenyk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:29 pm
The Legend:
Countless years ago when Arkina was still young, the world was split into 2 realms: the heavens where the angles watched over the world, and the normal plains, where all the other races lived. All the races lived in harmony, watched over by the angles. All traded together and prospered from one other except for one race, the daemons. They were more brutal than the other races and tended to isolate themselves from the rest though they still traded with and on occasion joined the other races in events. It was during this time of peace that a great daemon by the name Kuro began wondering the world of Arkina. He had a great thrust for power and knowledge and over the years, he was able to master all 6 elements: water, fire, earth, wind, darkness, and light. Those who knew him described him as a kind soul but would do almost anything for knowledge of the elements. Once he had gained the ultimate power, he suddenly changed. He began attacking the world. Everywhere he went, he brought chaos and destruction. He brought the world to its knees and nearly brought the extinction of all races on the world. When all hope seemed lost, three angels stepped up to stop him: Ezekiel Archangel of Death/Destiny, Maltheal Archangel of Wisdom, and Sabbathiel Archangel of Courage. They met the daemon on the plains of Kashire. After a long drawn out stalemate, The 3 angels were finally able to get the upper hand but even with their combined powers, they could not kill him. They sacrificed their lives to seal Kuro away, each sealing 1/3 of the daemon's soul in a location long forgotten. It was because of this act, that the daemons were cast down to a lower plain, and sealed off from the rest of the world, never to disturb the peace again.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:40 pm
Plot:
The room was silent as the 5 archangels sat grim-faced around the table. None of them spoke though all thought the same thing. “Our search parties have found nothing that could have caused this,” Abraxas, Archangel of Courage, finally broke the silence.

“We have found nothing of such an event ever happening in our historical archives or anything that could have caused this to happen within our libraries, not even theories,” this time it was Ahura, Archangel of Wisdom. The room fell silent again.

“I don’t believe this. The 3 most sacred of places in our world are dying and we can do nothing about it but sit here,” Thekyal, Archangel of Justice, spat out angrily. “For generations, our ancestors have kept this world safe. I refuse to allow something like this time happen during our time. We must act! We must do something. The Ingeta Forest and the Kashire Plains may last another year but Lacian the world tree will not last 2 more months at this rate.”

“Calm yourself Thekyal. We will not allow such a thing to happen. There is still time and our teams continue to work tirelessly even as we speak,” Elpis, Archangel of Hope, replied in a tranquil voice. “We must think on this subject with a calm, clear, and rational mind. If we try to rush, we will only end up hurting what we try to save.” Silence fell about the room again.

“Perhaps that is our problem.” All heads turned towards Thanatos, Archangel of Death and Destiny. “We have been thinking about this with the wrong mind set. What Elpis says is correct; we must be calm and think on the subject with a clear mind but perhaps our problem is because we think rationally on an irrational subject. Ahura said herself that no such even can be found in our historical archives because no such event ever happened and if no such event ever happened, how can we possibly have any theories to explain this in our libraries?”

“What are you suggesting Thanatos? That this is a problem that we cannot resolve? That we should just sit here and watch it play out?” Thekyal inquired with rage clear in his voice as he tried to keep himself clam.

“I am suggesting that we stop our rational thoughts such as ‘we will find something that will help us in our history or in our libraries.’ We should look to knowledge that is not written or stored here but can explain what the 3 sacred areas are rotting away. One such piece of knowledge sticks out in my mind that might explain this: Kuro.”

Abraxas let out a small laugh of amusement. “You want us to go by a story used by people to keep children in line? You said it yourself Thanatos, it is not in our historical archives therefore it could not have happened.”

“I do not believe in it myself. There is no barrier barring the passage between the Overworld and the Underworld. Daemons are not dangerous and travel wherever they please and some even depend on merchants from the Underworld for certain supplies but Ezekiel, Maltheal, and Sabbathiel did live and did hold the title of Archangel during their time,” Thanatos replied.

“It is true that all legends, no matter how unrealistic they may be, are all based on some fact whether it be an event that did happen or to explain what people observed,” Ahura said thoughtfully. “The archives are unusually vague about the death of these 3; it simply stats that they left and provided solid reasons as to why. I’ve always been curious about it but never got the chance to really look into it.”

Elpis sighed, “Well, it’s a start. The ground teams will continue to see if they can find a way to stop or at the least slow down the decay. Our scholars will look into this time period and see if they can piece together anything that was left out.” With that the council was adjourned.  

uilenyk

uilenyk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm
Rules!!
1.) No god modding.
2.) Follow gaia tos.
3.) Romance is allowed but no cybering please and thank you.
4.) For your characters race, don't choose a race that will create conflicts please and thank you. (If you’re not sure about a race, PM me)
5.) Pm me the profiles and title it "Legands" just like that
6.) Have fun.
7.) I can add rules later if needed.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:34 pm
Profile Skeleton:
If you feel like there is something missing for the skeleton, feel free to add it in yourself but please tell me what you added in when you PM me your profile so I can make sure that it works and makes since with the story.

[b]Gaia Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Weapon:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Power:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

*Note: Angels are not god nor do they rule the world but they are seen as the embodiment of light and justice so all other races look to them for guidance and they have put it upon themselves to protect the world. They will not interfere with the nations of the world unless they feel the conflict threaten the world or they are asked to by the parties being affected by the conflict. Usually they work things out as a mediator and without the use of force.  

uilenyk

uilenyk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:52 pm
Accepted Profiles

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out