Submit

Her Malevolence

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:28 pm
I currently have the end of the week to make sure I have fifty percent or more in all of my online classes. Now, I don't want to hear anymore "you can do it"s or any "Keep trying!'s. Enough with the bullshit. I know I'm not going to graduate. I'm not being negative, I just know. How do I know? Well for one I have never passed a Washington state math test in all my life. Ever. And it is a requirement to pass the math HSPE in order to graduate. I haven't had to deal with a serious math class for about..... a year? That is a big learning gap that will leave plenty of blanks in that pamphlet. About my classes. Besides the fact that I'm barely making it through them, they finally added ANOTHER one. Just today. That's right. I have to earn fifty percent or more in that class too and they just now added it to my schedule.

Let me tell you what happens if I don't have perfect grades in these classes by Monday next week. They kick me out of online school. And there is no way IN HELL that I am going to the shitty high school round the corner. ******** that s**t with their lockdowns and alarms every month.

So I'm faced with this. I'm not going to graduate. And really, I don't care. As long as I can get a job I'm fine with it. I'll get two if necessary.
I just want to know, what jobs are there for those without a high school diploma or who get their GED? I'm not exactly savy on how this all works out. I know plenty of you probably think I sound like some dumb trash who doesn't give a s**t about her education but really, I'm just pissed off. I was suckered out of learning what I needed to in order to make it past this point. I'm not going to go into full detail. But believe me when I say I'm a nice person. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't curse { offline, lol }, and I have never been in trouble with the law. I'm just..... eighteen and have no idea what I'm going to do. Everyone around me seems to get pissed off every time I say I'm thinking about just getting my GED or I tell them that I'm not going to be able to graduate. I just need some ideas of what I can do if I am stuck in this situation. I like the idea of maybe working at a pet store in my area or something like that. I'm not very overly social so... yeah. And I am talking about a beginning job. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:45 pm
Some jobs include babysitting, waitress, market basket (places like it).
Think of jobs most teens have or get.

Hope everything will be ok!  

Madame Hummingbird

L o s t -x- A b y s s

Durem Dark Elf

10,400 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:11 pm
With the above said, if you're having trouble landing a job, it's probably a good idea to get some volunteering under your belt. You'll make connections, get experience, and might even get a job offer that way.
Getting a job at a pet store can actually be hard. My sister couldn't get one there, and she even volunteered there for a few months before applying. It just depends on how many people are applying, and if they need anyone else, really.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 pm
Hey, I am sorry that all of this is happening to you. Let me tell you my story. I graduated my high school, with good grades. And currently I work in a tiny little girl's shop and at McDonalds!! Life is a b***h!! I want to let you know that yes, school is hard and a pain and a lot of it makes no ******** sense!! BUT life out here is not easy!! I have my degree and am faced with this... so no degree wouldn't be easy... I recommend that if you know you are going to fail high school, plan on getting your GED as soon as you can.. My brother had his high school degree and I even recommended him and he wasn't hired at our McDonalds!! It is very hard to find jobs in today's world and it is even harder if you don't have your degree. Yes, you could get lucky and land a couple of low paying, extreme stress jobs, but handling it is hard. Like I said I work two jobs and I am just about ready to shoot myself!! The stress of the bloody costumers!! and the managers!!!!!! They are the worst!! They know that you can't find anything better so they take full advantage of you! I understand that this is harsh .... but you need to know what is out there.. I would be happy to help you study and help you get your GED (I passed my state's math test after the first try), but I can only help you so much. You won't accept my help until you realize that without a degree you won't go far... you will always be stressed, always pissed off, and always angry.. and it won't make sense... you won't understand why and what's wrong with you. But once you get your degree and find a career life will get easier! (Or so I hope...) I hope this helps at least a little.. I know that wasn't your question but if applying at McDonalds is so hard it will be hard getting a job anywhere... So I hope you can go straight for your GED and then look for a job until you get a career.. I am sure you know all of this already but you didn't know that there are people who care and are willing to help if you would like it. Feel free to pm me if you do end up wanting some help ^^  

999 Sutcliff_Grell 666

Mord Alushar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 pm
Hell, its hard to get a good job even with a college degree. So with out even your high school diploma, you're pretty much boned. I say keep on trying even though you have no clue what you're doing with your life. At that age, its perfectly normal to be indecisive.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games