Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:51 am

Were any of you affected by this storm? If you have anything that
you'd like to mention or discuss, go ahead.

I personally find it heartbreaking to see so many people suffer and
have their entire life ruined by a natural disaster.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 am
Hello Roxy !
There are times I don't look at news at all. However, I heard in class that Sandy is going to hit the east coast of North America. I went online and read the news about it (the mayor asked evacuation of like 350 000 people in NYC etc).
I kept reading the news online and watching tv to get info of what's happening.
Flooding, no electricity, fires...
xp

Hmm... I my social network doesn't extend to USA and the Carrebian at all, but hearing the news it makes me think how everyone can be vulnerable because of natural disaster and how unlucky it is.

My sincere condolences go out to those who have lost friends or family.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 am
XxAriaxX

I was also following the story on the news. I saw many houses on fire
and now they are destroyed to absolutely nothing. Not to mention the
amount of people who have died or gone missing.

One of our very own members was telling us about the power outages
as she's from the area. We were discussing it on our FB group.

It's such a shame.
emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:40 am
o0Roxy0o
XxAriaxX

I was also following the story on the news. I saw many houses on fire
and now they are destroyed to absolutely nothing. Not to mention the
amount of people who have died or gone missing.

One of our very own members was telling us about the power outages
as she's from the area. We were discussing it on our FB group.

It's such a shame.
emotion_0A0

Yes, well there are many natural disaster and my heart ache when I see videos on it. One of my professor showed a video on the 9.1 magnitude earthquake in Japan.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Tanseki

Genius

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:42 am
I was hit by sandy. I live on the Great Lakes. Hurricanes and tropical storms DON'T hit us. The Great Lakes usually, because of the shallowness of Lake Erie have their own weather systems.

We had rain the entire week before Sandy hit. Talk about nasty. I've never seen this town, usually capable of dealing with anything the lake throws at us, so at a loss. We generally don't flood, we have lots of little and big creeks that drain into the lake, and the lake level has been low....

We had some flooding though.

We get high winds, that's no biggie. But we had whole sections of ground ripped up by trees.

We know what rain is like. We get it plenty...but weather has never shut down schools here. We are a city where 5 feet of snow is not a state of emergency and doesn't even constitute a 2 hour delay. But that rain and wind closed every school in the city except the universities. For people like me up north near the lakes, Sandy was a surprise, less total damage to us than the coasts, but it was a wake up call too. When abnormal weather hit my town, kids suddenly cared more about people on the coast than their iPhone. And they cared suddenly about the effects on the economy. They even cared more about the planet they live on.

I hope the northeast doesn't suffer this again. I wish we could stop it happening in the south east. This is just a price we pay for living in this world and living with it. For all the loss and destruction that's come of it, I hope it brought people back to the real world, even if just for a short while.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:21 pm
Um amazingly i was not hit all that bad. my neighborhood on the other hand... =P fallen trees, lost electricity for around a week now. lucky for me a had electricity the whole time little outages here and there but that was it. But my basement got flooded sadly. (6in of water so ive been told by my mom, i was asleep at the time ((2 AM)). and we are still trying to take care of it. most of it is cleaned up but a lot of things had to be thrown out.  

_Chi_Chan_94_

Tipsy Millionaire

8,650 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:41 am
_Chi_Chan_94_
Um amazingly i was not hit all that bad. my neighborhood on the other hand... =P fallen trees, lost electricity for around a week now. lucky for me a had electricity the whole time little outages here and there but that was it. But my basement got flooded sadly. (6in of water so ive been told by my mom, i was asleep at the time ((2 AM)). and we are still trying to take care of it. most of it is cleaned up but a lot of things had to be thrown out.
Now, there's snow all over the area that Sandy damaged >_< !
Your basement got flooded that would cost lots of money to renovate it and to avoid like... moist growth.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:57 am
XxAriaxX
_Chi_Chan_94_
Now, there's snow all over the area that Sandy damaged >_< !
Your basement got flooded that would cost lots of money to renovate it and to avoid like... moist growth.

Yup. i cant believe snow is everywhere in November!!! and on wed i lost power and didnt have it for most of the next day. so for that whole day i was like freeezing cause we have no heat. we still have no heat -.-' but the power came back at around 6. =] For the basement, i know there's a lot that has to be done for the basement. its gonna take around 3 weeks to fix -.- not cool.  

_Chi_Chan_94_

Tipsy Millionaire

8,650 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 am
User Image

Well, I'm actually on the other coast, so it didn't affect me. But I still have family in New Jersey. My brother's apartment is near the ocean and there is a water way less than a mile away. He told me he could see what might have been 5 foot waves in front of his place. His apartment wasn't really damaged (which is something because he has a first floor apartment!), but the building still had to be condemned. For a long time, he had no place to really go. All the hotels were booked, temporary housing was full. I think he ended up at our uncle's. My uncle got hit too. He's not as close as my brother is to the ocean, but he said he got big waves too. Both of his cars were damaged. I think my relatives on my dad side are okay since we haven't heard anything yet. Then again, his side isn't big on communication like my mom's family.

Post style by PhallenPixie

08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff