Noodlechu
Crew

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 pm
Ok. so i want to find a way to decorate/clean my room that makes it look great. I love cute baskets and ideas like that. Im not picky c: any ideas could help!!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm
There's many videos on youtube about Bedroom tour made by popular makeup/fashion gurus...
So type bedroom tour on the search engine of youtube, you'll find plenty of videos on it... How those girls decorated their room...
It can be boring though...  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:07 pm
What's your room like? Layout, furniture, closet, door placement... all that really affects your storage space!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:29 pm
P a n d a s P a n t i e s
Ok. so i want to find a way to decorate/clean my room that makes it look great. I love cute baskets and ideas like that. Im not picky c: any ideas could help!!

My room has a tv stand, a king size bed and a dresser  

Noodlechu
Crew

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Blue Eyed Wallflower

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:06 am
I would love to help! I recently got my first apartment, and i haven't had much time to actually do much decorating, but I've been all over looking for ideas. One that I always thought was cute is the idea of using metal pails and painting them. They look cute if you're into beachy decor. Another really cool thing you could try is making a storage bench. You could look around at a thrift store or really anywhere you might be able to buy a sturdy box you could also use as a bench. Then you could find a chair cushion or pillow or just some fabric you like an cotton batting. The box you pick would need to have a removable lid to make this easier. You would put the batting the fabric over the lid, then staple them underneath using a staple gun. Put that at the foot of your bed, or anywhere in the room for storage and seating. I think it would be a good idea for you to make a Pinterest. I've had one of those for a while, and it helped me plan my wedding and I've been using it for decor inspiration. A lot of people, women especially, are using it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:54 pm
I haven't read the entire thread, so this might already be suggested (sorry if so!) but check out tumblr for bedroom ideas too!

Like F-Yeah bedrooms, or F-Yeah Cool Dorm Rooms

The dorm room one has really cool DIY's, and the DIY section of tumblr is really cool too! My entire condo is Tumblr inspired.  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 pm
There seem to be lots of sources floating around to help, which is great!

My contribution:

If you wanna DIY something jars are good to store little knick-knacks on top of dressers and such. Painting them different colors makes a fun way to customize them! You could even put ribbons on them or stickers or gems.
The idea is this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(Source: x)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am
Do you have a picture of the current space so we can see what you need help with, specifically? Also, are you on Pinterest? You can find thousands of ideas there. heart  

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

TulipMeows

Powerful Nymph

11,200 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:53 pm
i know this is an old thread, but i was looking at the suggestions because i had a similar question~ also, for anyone else with the same question, etsy is a good website to look too!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:07 pm
A lot of it depends on your personal aesthetic sense, but here are some tips:

heart Containers! I'm sure this has been said plenty already, but find some bins, baskets, etc that suit your style to put things in.
heart Wall decorations. They quickly add life to a room. If you just want to add visual interest then you can get posters and go crazy (I personally think you can never have too many) but if you're going for a neater look then you can find some fancy wall art, or find a few select posters/magazines etc that suit you and frame them.
heart Knick-knacks. Not necessarily snowglobes and shot glasses, unless you're into that sort of thing...but if you like anime/movies/games you could find some figures that you like. Alternatively, you could use things like scented candles, flowers, or cute tins to liven up desks and other surfaces.

Prinnia

Dainty Detective

9,450 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

eneroella

Darling

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:57 pm
    ××yea, Gellus has a point. i love to use jar scented candles as decos. cause they look so pretty on its own!

you can try looking up "Yankee Candles"

06. ✿ - - - Home, Garden & Appliances

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff