Submit

Her Malevolence

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:41 am
Well I tried to post this in the pets forum but there is one girl, a complete and utter b***h who seems to like to twist my words and make s**t up. She's decided to troll around my forums I post in there so I thought it would be best to ask you girls if you have any advice on the breed. { No I usually am not this mean and I try to remain calm but she really pushed my buttons and even got some of the other girls in on it. } It was just a big misinterpretation from what I said to what she THOUGHT I was saying. I really hate online socialization :]

I'm looking into possibly getting a Bull terrier. I'm wanting to know if any of you have ever had any bad experiences, good experiences, owning one. I know about the aggression that comes as a possibility so I don't think I need to hear any more of that. I am just curious about their health and such. I'm aware that they need to be checked for OCD and deafness at a young age and that I need to make sure I get it from a good breeder. I'm just wondering if anyone has some tips they might want to give me that I might not otherwise be able to find in an article. Its always different reading an article written by someone who has never owned a Bull terrier compared to someone who has had experience with them. What are your opinions? What do you say, help a girl out? :]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:01 am
I havent had much experience with terriers, (If you own one in this county, you'll instantly get stopped by the police gonk ) But if your looking to buy a pure breed its the genetic diseases and problems you need to worry about. Every breed has something as a result of selective inter breeding. So just read up on the hereditary issues and try to find a puppy that docent show any signs, check the mother and fathers history. (if you have any kind of kennel club in your country you can check further back) Other wise you could be facing some hefty vets bills later. I think Bull's are cute, and as long as you get one from a good background there shouldnt be to many issues.

As to aggression so on. I believe its 90% their training and treatment. Obviously there will allways be some dogs that are just naturally aggressive, but you'll get aggressive Labradors and pug dogs to. The reason most Bull dogs are illegal in this country is that people where training them to attack. Theres a current wave of people training their terriers to attack guide dogs (WTF?)  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:25 am
Firstly, I want to throw out the option of maybe looking into adopting a pet from a shelter or rescue instead. If you look into rescues I'm sure you would be able to find one for the do breed that you want.

Now, onto your questions.. I don't have any experience with this dog breed but an extensive online search may help you out. You can find forums and sites online for owners and breeders of the breed as well as some very good information on taking care of them. I have done this with almost every pet that I have considered buying/adopting and it has helped me out a ton.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you are prepared for the responsibility of owning a pet and that you find one that you truly love and enjoy. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:25 am
ll-Frantic-ll
Firstly, I want to throw out the option of maybe looking into adopting a pet from a shelter or rescue instead. If you look into rescues I'm sure you would be able to find one for the do breed that you want.

Now, onto your questions.. I don't have any experience with this dog breed but an extensive online search may help you out. You can find forums and sites online for owners and breeders of the breed as well as some very good information on taking care of them. I have done this with almost every pet that I have considered buying/adopting and it has helped me out a ton.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you are prepared for the responsibility of owning a pet and that you find one that you truly love and enjoy. 3nodding

Believe me, if I could, I would adopt a Bully from the pound. But never in all my life have I seen one in the humane society where I live. In fact I haven't seen a Bull Terrier anywhere in Washington. I am looking into purchasing a puppy Bull Terrier from a good breeder because I have already done a bit of digging on the breed and I know that they have a lot of potential health problems. So finding one in the pound would definitely not be a good sign. Don't get me wrong, I love love love animals from shelters. Before now, I have always gotten my past dogs from the humane society. But in this case if I want to get a Bull Terrier it would be too much of a risk. I hope to get a puppy because it is difficult to train Bull Terriers and you need to get them checked at an early age for deafness and other health issues. They are really a handful, or so I've heard from many people. x[

But I really love this breed. They have great personalities and look beautiful in their own egg head shaped way. xD I just wish Washington wasn't lacking the breed. It would be neat to actually see one in person. ; - ; I guess for now I'll have to settle for youtube videos and pics on the internet. xDDD

Her Malevolence

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:50 am
Lamour Amelia
ll-Frantic-ll

Believe me, if I could, I would adopt a Bully from the pound. But never in all my life have I seen one in the humane society where I live. In fact I haven't seen a Bull Terrier anywhere in Washington. I am looking into purchasing a puppy Bull Terrier from a good breeder because I have already done a bit of digging on the breed and I know that they have a lot of potential health problems. So finding one in the pound would definitely not be a good sign. Don't get me wrong, I love love love animals from shelters. Before now, I have always gotten my past dogs from the humane society. But in this case if I want to get a Bull Terrier it would be too much of a risk. I hope to get a puppy because it is difficult to train Bull Terriers and you need to get them checked at an early age for deafness and other health issues. They are really a handful, or so I've heard from many people. x[

But I really love this breed. They have great personalities and look beautiful in their own egg head shaped way. xD I just wish Washington wasn't lacking the breed. It would be neat to actually see one in person. ; - ; I guess for now I'll have to settle for youtube videos and pics on the internet. xDDD

Might I suggest a breed specific rescue? Even if they're far, they'll be willing to meet you half way. These dogs are mostly kept in foster homes, so they're fully trained by the time you get them which is cool~ Plus they come fully vetted! You might even be lucky enough to find a puppy at said rescue. :3 Just google "Bull Terrier Rescue" and where you live. Good luck! I freakin' love bull terriers! I wish I could have one but I already have 3 dogs. gonk

Edit: GEEZ THIS THREAD IS OLD! Sorry I didn't notice til now. >__<  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff