Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How do you get over your ex? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkest Hollow

Lonely Rogue

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:01 am
So I recently got out of a relationship that had been on and off for like a year and a half. I've been trying to move on but I still have feelings for him. He was my first boyfriend and I really loved him. He ditched me for a new guy and I'm having a hard time moving on. I'm looking for a new guy but my gaydar sucks. Any ideas for what I should do? How do you get over an ex?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 am
This has always been a tough thing to do. I suggest that talking to someone about everything that is on your mind to get everything out in the open. Having that person to listen to you can really help put your mind at ease. It will take time and I hate using this phrase but 'Time heals all wounds' hold true here.

[(Nightwish)]

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:29 am
My mother always said the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. sweatdrop

After I broke up with my big ex, I was lonely and sad. So I treated myself to a video game that would distract me. It was Pokemon Soul Silver so I had the pokewalker to "take care of" almost like a pet. xD That helped, actually.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:53 am
Sometimes it can feel pretty good to get with someone else in an effort to "get over" someone, but I'm not sure it's a great idea in the long run. If you still have strong feelings for your ex, I think that's got to have an effect on any relationship you start with someone else, whether it be something casual, or more serious. Especially for something more serious, it's not really fair to the new person.

Of course, I'm just basing this on my own experiences (both as the one "getting over" someone, and the "new" person), so your experience could be completely different.

I think a lot of it is just a waiting game. Try to live your life to the fullest, and not dwell on what you had with your ex.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Solarknight7

Friendly Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:46 am
The best way to get over an ex to get get right back out there.
It takes time but you will get through it. As for the Gaydar aspect I am afraid I can not help you at all (I am straight so my gaydar is kind of broken)

But I can advise that you just keep trying.
Good luck. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:23 pm
I usually end up at the gym when I'm trying to get over someone. I just listen to some music and totally pour myself into it. Yay for endorphins! Basically just find something you can focus on other than the break-up, because dwelling on it will just majorly suck.  

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150

Luna Breeeze

Chatty Fairy

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am
Time. Its been almost 3 months and I am starting to finnaly be over my yr and a half long relationship, any way I tried didn't work but once I let time heal me its been feeling a lot better  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 pm
I get over them instantly. I'm like "Ok. There are better people. Internet, how you doin'?"  

Invincible Youth

Fashionable Senshi

14,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Darkest Hollow

Lonely Rogue

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 pm
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Guess I'll just let life happen. I'm not really type to go out of my way looking for a guy, but if I meet one then great. Now I just need to find a way to get the ex out of my head.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm
Sleep with his best friend, because that's the best advice anybody can give anybody ever.  

Hashtagihateit

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:31 pm
Hashtagihateit
Sleep with his best friend, because that's the best advice anybody can give anybody ever.

Unless his best friend has some kind of crazy-infectious disease. And then you might have to settle for his brother, or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm
Taeryyn
Hashtagihateit

Unless his best friend has some kind of crazy-infectious disease. And then you might have to settle for his brother, or something.

STDs are like my number one fear (I've developed alot. Fears, that is).
That's why I'm still a virgin.

Celibaaaaaate  

Hashtagihateit

Condom Maneuver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:26 pm
❖「時間は誰を待つ...

◐ I find time to be the best medicine. ◑

그래서 시간은 소중합니다.」❖

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:50 pm
I managed to get over my exes because they seemed distant after break ups. Plus, I had something to distract my time. But one of them raped me so...eh >.>  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 am
My ex and I broke up after I transitioned, we still loved each other dearly, and we still do but the love changed, I miss her but I know it would never work out and just want to see her happy, shes in relationship with a lovely guy (who I am friends with now too) embrace the feelings but don't let them rule you, the average person only falls in love 3 times in a life time, treasure it but also know, it will happen again and it will be the right person. heart  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff