Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Visions?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chyuuki-chan

Dedicated Trainer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:18 am
I had this dream last night which made me think about this question... How do I know when a dream for example isn't just a dream but a vision given by God?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:16 pm
Test it against the Word of God. That's the best way you're going to know if your dream was truly a vision or if it was simply a dream from your subconscious.  

kdke

Anxious Noob

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 am
Usually, when I have a dream and sometimes it may be of something that seems serious, or even from God - consult God in prayer and if you have a feeling that maybe God is trying to tell you something, the possibility is always there. Sometimes, we have dreams that may be from God, don't realize it, and then a situation later on in the day, week, month, or year comes up and then we remember that dream and say, "Oh yeah, I remember now." and it becomes something useful.

I have had a few dreams before that I believe were from God. Not ones telling me the future exactly, but telling me about how things are presently going on a spiritual level in life with those I have prayed for, or I see things in my dreams that are incredibly possible by Biblical truths.

Consulting God is the best way to know, and if you keep thinking about it and it stays true to God's word and everything then that's up for you to decide in the end. It's up to you to decide whether it was from God, something completely random, etc. It's a bit hard to explain. I guess it's one of those things where when you know, you can just feel it in your soul. At least that's how it is for me.

Sorry if I wasn't able to be of much help.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:54 am
What is the spiritual purpose of future-telling dreams that aren't answering a prayer and don't impact your daily life? Occasionally my sister, and rarely dad or grandma, have dreams like that. My sister dreamed about my twin and I being born 4 years before it happened. Normally though, they dream about someone dying confused . I can kind of understand the deaths because then the family is spiritually ready. But what difference does it make knowing someone will be born?  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm
It's extremely easy for people to convince themselves that some sort of vision they had is a true message from God simply because they already want to believe it's true.

Myself? I go with the idea that if I have to ask whether it's true or not, it isn't. I just wing it and assume that if God really wants me to know something, He'll tell me in a way which leaves no doubt whatsoever of His purpose.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games