Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
The Armour of God. (A good reminder) ~Michael Boldea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:22 pm
Armour of God (1)

Armour of God. (2)

Armour of God (3)

Armour of God (4)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:15 am
So essentially, he uses "affliction"/conflict to mold us into his Son. That is a good reminder. How we deal with troublesome situations is the molding process. Do we call out to him? Do we train for it daily (via his word)? and once that moment arrives, do we apply what he spoke to us? Whether mundane or catastrophic, that's when our true character shows up and any blemishes in our character (highlighted by the affliction) can be healed by him once you recognize it and pray to him about it.

The only part that I disagree with, because it's unbiblical/disobedient, is when they started "speaking in tongues" in that manner; if no one is going to translate, it shouldn't be done within hearing distance of anyone else. I put "speaking in tongues" in quotes, because I'm not convinced they're displaying/utilizing the genuine gift.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 14:27-28 (NIV)

27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:02 pm
real eyes realize

The only part that I disagree with, because it's unbiblical/disobedient, is when they started "speaking in tongues" in that manner; if no one is going to translate, it shouldn't be done within hearing distance of anyone else. I put "speaking in tongues" in quotes, because I'm not convinced they're displaying/utilizing the genuine gift.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 14:27-28 (NIV)

27 If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28 If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

Yeah, I apologize for the last part (Pt 4). I actually, only listened up to the final prayer, but now that I looked it over realized they were speaking in tongues. XD In no way supporting or highlighting it. X) Thanks for pointing it out! :3  
Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games