Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How do I know? o:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chochocobo

Generous Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:51 pm
NOTE: I'm a GUY. I'm not obsessed with him, but I want to know if he is bi, unless he is a very friendly straight guy who if friendly towards guys. o:

So there's this one guy in my chemistry who I like, and I've known him since last year, my freshman year. He's nice and such, but how can I tell if he is bi? I know he's not gay, for sure, but I'm not sure if he's straight.

On the first day of school, I sat at this table, with 2 other guys, and while there were a bunch of seats open in other groups, he decided to sit next to me. I was okay with it, but I noticed there was a seat open next to my friend, so I sat next to her. So, with the days passing, I look at him, and sometimes catch him staring at me. Whenever we do labs in the back of the classroom, me and my friends choose a corner of the room, and he tries to find a place near by.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:05 pm
PreciseIy

Just ask him. Just get him alone and ask him.

If he says no, then don't mention it again, because if he is bi and isn't comfortable with it then he'll become defensive and won't open up to you.

But yeah, there's really no way to tell without hearing it from him.
I know a guy, who's adorable, and openly flirts with me but is straight.  

Hashtagihateit

chochocobo

Generous Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm
Hashtagihateit
PreciseIy

If he says no, then don't mention it again, because if he is bi and isn't comfortable with it then he'll become defensive and won't open up to you.

It would be so weird if I randomly asked him. D:
I'm pretty sure he knows I'm gay, or thinks I'm bi, so if I just asked him, won't he think I wanna go out with him? and what if he's straight? Dx
Class would be awkward. :/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm
PreciseIy
Hashtagihateit
PreciseIy

I'm pretty sure he knows I'm gay, or thinks I'm bi, so if I just asked him, won't he think I wanna go out with him? and what if he's straight? Dx

Honestly, it's not crazy important for you to know his sexuality if you dont' want to date him. If he is, become friends with him and let him come out to you.

but sometimes, if you like someone, you have to come right out and say how you feel and not filter yourself.

I asked my friend Joe out, even though I was almost 100% sure he was gay, he was definitely straight and turned me down, but he and I are still best friends.

I'm not being cohesive right now in that Im kinda jumping around to topics, but do you get what I'm saying? The bottom line is:
Don't ask him if you aren't interested.  

Hashtagihateit

chochocobo

Generous Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm
Hashtagihateit
PreciseIy
Hashtagihateit
PreciseIy

Honestly, it's not crazy important for you to know his sexuality if you dont' want to date him. If he is, become friends with him and let him come out to you.

but sometimes, if you like someone, you have to come right out and say how you feel and not filter yourself.

I asked my friend Joe out, even though I was almost 100% sure he was gay, he was definitely straight and turned me down, but he and I are still best friends.

I'm not being cohesive right now in that Im kinda jumping around to topics, but do you get what I'm saying? The bottom line is:
Don't ask him if you aren't interested.

Ah fack, why is life so hard. Dx

No, I do want to date him, but I don't want him to reject me and end up telling my cousin, which he is friends with. but thank you for helping out. ^^;

I might end up coming out to him later on. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:17 pm
PreciseIy

Oh, that's actually a great idea!
If you come out to him, granted you guys are close enough for that to not be weird, then he will see that you trust him, and maybe that'll make him more comfortable with his own sexuality, if he is in fact not straight.  

Hashtagihateit

chochocobo

Generous Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm
Hashtagihateit
PreciseIy

If you come out to him, granted you guys are close enough for that to not be weird, then he will see that you trust him, and maybe that'll make him more comfortable with his own sexuality, if he is in fact not straight.

Hehe, yeah, I might actually end up doing that after all. ^^

You deserve a tip, let me go tip a post in your history. o u o

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:20 pm
PreciseIy
Hashtagihateit
PreciseIy

Hehe, yeah, I might actually end up doing that after all. ^^

You deserve a tip, let me go tip a post in your history. o u o

Oh, thank you, that's very sweet.  

Hashtagihateit

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out