Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Living for God when stuck at home most of the time.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Girl With The Windex Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:39 pm
I can't drive, yet. I don't have family or friends here. Hard to make friends when you don't have a job, which I'm trying to get. How do you serve the Lord when you are stuck at home most of the time? I have mild cerebral palsy by the way..so harder for me to get a job.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 pm
Right now, my living situation is kind of weird, and I can't get a job right now (long story), so I kind of relate to what you're dealing with.

The best you can do is live life, even at home, for God. You might not be able to go to church, but you can always come on here, on the guild, and fellowship with people this way. You can also view church services online if you're wanting to hear a sermon for the day. The Internet is an amazing outlet for communication—use it! emotion_bigheart And God bless you.

kdke

Anxious Noob

fly_man

Blessed Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:43 am
Keep God's commands, pray, fast, worship, read the bible. Dedicate your time to pursuing him.
God gave us free will, but he loves it when we use our time to think of him and act according to what his word says.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 am
You'd be surprised, a little goes a long way, in serving the Lord. You can help out at the local Church, help out a stranger, give good cheer for those low in esteem, Praise God in Gifts of Worship (Praying, Fasting, being diligent in the Word, etc)

And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith [belief] And the Lord said, If ye had faith [belief] as a grain of a mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be planted in the sea; and it should obey you. Luke 17:5-6  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Girl With The Windex Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:36 pm
Thanks, all of you! Makes me feel better until things do change to where I can do more! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:04 pm
fly_man
Keep God's commands, pray, fast, worship, read the bible. Dedicate your time to pursuing him.
God gave us free will, but he loves it when we use [our/i] time to think of him and act according to what his word says.

May God bless you.
My mother is handicapped and doesn't leave the house much but she ministers to people who walk by the house when she's outside in her rocker (the most she gets out of the house). She tells them after they get to talking "do you know where your eternal address is? What will happen to you if you get run over by bus? It says in the Bible you must believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for you and you must repent of your sins."
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I offer you prayer and that you can message me anytime. I am a person who leaves the house only to go to church and the store, and when I do, I am often moved by the spirit which will give me words to use to minister to others about Christ. God will tell you when the time is right.
Love you.  

CheyenneServant

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:01 am
Definitely keep reading God's word every day. You have plenty of time so now is the time to review His word every day to become even stronger and more firm in your faith =)

Praying is also a good way to strengthen your relationship with God. Also worship in the God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit.

Sometimes if I'm stuck at home, I like to come up with a topic and write out sermons with the help of a few Bible tools such as a Strong's Concordance and a couple different Bible versions. If you don't have these in print, no need to fear - they are readily available online for your use. blueletterbible.org is a good one to use, and I'm sure there are a few more.

Plan to have Bible studies with others in your household if you can, and if you have friends - encourage them to read the word with you if at all possible.

Find ways to spread the gospel - online is a great way since most people out there have internet. I know people who are disabled and have started their own website about how they were born with a disability and how it affects their everyday life and their faith in God, or if they became disabled later in life - how it affects them and their faith and encouraging others to push on because there is so much to be done in so little time for God's plan.

If you have neighbors, nearby - perhaps try to witness to them or at least show them kindness no matter what.

Take staying at home a time to build a firm foundation in God's word. No matter how many times we read the Bible - we may not understand every single thing in there, but we can always pull out a lot of information each time we read. You have plenty of time so it's a good opportunity to keep reading God's word =)

No matter what, God has a plan for you - just keep searching for what He wants you to do and then act on it. A lot of times God will ask us to go out of our comfort zone - but this is a good thing because it's all for God's glory ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm
Aquatic_blue
Definitely keep reading God's word every day. You have plenty of time so now is the time to review His word every day to become even stronger and more firm in your faith =)

Praying is also a good way to strengthen your relationship with God. Also worship in the God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit.

Sometimes if I'm stuck at home, I like to come up with a topic and write out sermons with the help of a few Bible tools such as a Strong's Concordance and a couple different Bible versions. If you don't have these in print, no need to fear - they are readily available online for your use. blueletterbible.org is a good one to use, and I'm sure there are a few more.

Plan to have Bible studies with others in your household if you can, and if you have friends - encourage them to read the word with you if at all possible.

Find ways to spread the gospel - online is a great way since most people out there have internet. I know people who are disabled and have started their own website about how they were born with a disability and how it affects their everyday life and their faith in God, or if they became disabled later in life - how it affects them and their faith and encouraging others to push on because there is so much to be done in so little time for God's plan.

If you have neighbors, nearby - perhaps try to witness to them or at least show them kindness no matter what.

Take staying at home a time to build a firm foundation in God's word. No matter how many times we read the Bible - we may not understand every single thing in there, but we can always pull out a lot of information each time we read. You have plenty of time so it's a good opportunity to keep reading God's word =)

No matter what, God has a plan for you - just keep searching for what He wants you to do and then act on it. A lot of times God will ask us to go out of our comfort zone - but this is a good thing because it's all for God's glory ^_^

Aquatic_blue is very much right. God does have a plan for you! And He loves you very much. I think her ideas are GREAT!! (and I will actually use them myself).  

CheyenneServant

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff