Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Suicide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chyuuki-chan

Dedicated Trainer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:00 am
If I commit a suicide do I go to hell?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:02 am
If hell is full of unbelievers, I would say, "yes". By committing suicide you say, "I don't believe Our Heavenly Father can sustain me through difficult situations". You show no belief in him, no trust. Believing in his existence doesn't make you his follower, because even demons believe he exists. (James 2:19)

Both the righteous and wicked will resurrect (Jn 5:28-29); the following types of people are thrown into the lake of fire:

Quote:
Revelation 21:8 (NIV)

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Suicide is never an option. Especially as a Christian, since we know better. None of the people in scripture who committed suicide lived righteous lives; those people being: Saul, Ahithophel, Abimelech, Zimri, Samson, and Judas (1 Sam 31:2-6; 2 Sam 17:23; Jg 9:54; 1 Kings 16:18; Jg 16: 29-30; Matt 27:5).

So eliminate all thoughts of "suicide" if you want to live with him in the future. Do you believe in him or not? Do you trust in him or not? If you trust him, then let him decide when you die. We're given examples throughout the text that suicide is unfavorable, it's a cowardly act, sometimes an act done in vengeance. Vengeance is another thing we're not suppose to take into our own hands. (Romans 12:19)

Repent of your suicidal thoughts and turn to him. Start reading his word daily; there is so much information in there that you need to be aware of. It'll help you stay on the narrow path and avoid the deception of fleeting emotions, afflictions, or thoughts.

Quote:
Hosea 4:6 (NIV)

6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.
“Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also reject you as my priests;
because you have ignored the law of your God,
I also will ignore your children.

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 pm
Revelation 3:21
To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

I know where you are coming from, and sometimes (much of the time) it seems like an easy way out. Like you, I have (and do still at times) think about suicide. What 'real eyes realize' say however is the truth, and it is the only reason I at times hang in.

It is hard to see far ahead, and to picture the promises we have been given fulfilled, to actually see it in our mind, because it is clouded by what we feel here and now, and the misery we feel seems endless, pointless and intense.
However if God is real, and true (everything indicates He is). It will not last forever. No pain of ours goes unnoticed. Not a tear we cry is not measured.

There is a future for us without pain, or tears if we hang on to his promises.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 pm
heart heart heart heart God loves you.
It always gets better. I promise. So does God.
Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Keep trusting in the Lord. If you follow His ways, they will lead to joy.
God loves you.  

CheyenneServant

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:55 am
All of the responses that have been posted here are excellent and do very well describe that if a person commits suicide, that it's basically taking your life yourself and not giving God the opportunity to take your life in the way it was meant to be. Committing suicide is often caused by a lack of faith or having God in a person's life because God will get you through thick and thin and is always there for you. Taking your life is not having faith that he can get you through the storms of life.

I know when I lacked a lot of faith in God, I felt like, "I want to end this now and take my life." I was depressed and felt tormented because my burdens felt so heavy. It felt like I was a prisoner in myself for an entire year. I tried to push people away, even my own friends. The good ones stuck to my side even though I had so much hate in my heart for small, every day things. I thought a few times in the car, "I could just jump out and hope I die," or, "I will try to cut myself on something in here because I don't feel like being alive." Although, I could never hurt myself - it was as if there was something that was keeping me from hurting myself. I never cut myself or tried to commit suicide because something made me feel paralyzed almost when I tried. I just couldn't and gave up. I now know that was probably The Holy Spirit talking and I wouldn't be surprised if by God's hand I was always stopped.

Life eventually did get better, which is the best news. Not sure why exactly life got better, but it did. I was back to my old self. I realized how stupid it would've been if I would have caused myself physical harm. Even later in life, I got married and my faith kept growing and my understanding of God and His word kept growing rapidly. I was happy to be alive, even though there were troubles around me. If I would've ignored what was making me hesitate from causing physical harm to myself - I never would've been able to experience all the joys in life. I never would've gotten married, I never would've been able to continue the things I enjoyed, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy anything going on here.

I also couldn't harm myself because I never wanted my parents to have to bury their own 16 year-old daughter. I often saw in my mind all the people that would miss me - even people that hated me I could see crying. Leaving everyone to deal with the burden I left behind would've been a selfish thing.

Living, making your life all about God, and fulfilling the plans he has in our life is well worth living through. Life will have it's joys and sorrows, and those who believe in God don't have it easy all the time and we have God to help us through those times. Even if God were to take our life in the process - it was by God's hand, and if we were faithful to Him until the end and are let into our Heavenly home - it will all be worth it!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 am
Take it from me, suicide is not the answer. I want to preface this story , by saying Life(True Qualities of Christ/God) is great, IF and only if you tap into it and reside therein. I almost took my life a few years back because of deep depression, lack of faith, and a life in neglect. I've been recovering ever since.

As most of you already know, I grew up as one of Jehovah's Witness'.... I can't emphasize this enough when I say, "It's a CULT" it reaps in a lot of suicides., I'll tell you why. JW's believe in a finite universe, once you are dead, you are DEAD. They don't believe there is a second burning and they don't believe anyone but the 'chosen' go to Heaven. The only hope a follower really has, is a everlasting life on Earth (>_>) So basically, the "Governing Body" of men wedge themselves in between you and the Salvation of Christ our Lord (True expression of Life in general). Also, they don't believe Christ was resurrected from Earth, (Denying the true power of the Promise of Prophecy) They believe he died a total annihilation of his body AND soul, and was reborn by the Father (Jehovah) as a created creature again. Can't wrap your brain around such rubbish (Severing the Godhead((Jesus is a little god like Seb/Horus, Hermes, Vishnu). Anyways, I felt terrible as a person because I didn't amount to THEIR teachings nor was doing well in life in general. I came to my dad a few times telling him I was depressed and he turned his back on me and said, "No, you're making a pity party out of it". I was ostracized (mind you the cult pretty much ostracizes you from the general public by calling them "Bad associations"....u_u)

So, internally I felt like I was dying twice over. I downed a bottle of pills one day thinking I was a terrible sinner/loser with no hope, as I reach dead ends all aspects of life, at the time. I remember laying back in my bed scared shaking hoping something would save me from myself, I suddenly felt and heard an internal voice inside me, say NO! like a rising and resounding"NO" and it forced me back to reality, Without thinking I called my girl friend then my parents and was rushed to the hospital. I didn't repent of my sins just after, because I had this Strong firey desire to 'know' who God really was), After a good 2 and half years of searching I found him in the KJB. I'm way more secure in life than I ever was beforehand. I do trip and stumble in and out of sin at times but I can tell you I can see the path to life like crystal fire. Reminds me of two key scriptures, Ephesians 6:12, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places... in Romans: 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. (Paul)

I apologize for the long winded story but I like sharing it because I know what it feels like to be spiritually, emotionally, and mentally abused. Our emotions can make us feel like we are drowning, yet it's an illusion,. Don't give up, don't let go. Jesus really does care about us, but we have a tendency to pervert His message. Keep on learning and living.. If anyone is having suicidal thoughts seek out a mature friend, family member, and/or therapist to help order/sort out your mental process'.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Chyuuki-chan

Dedicated Trainer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:07 am
Thank you for your answers everyone. I was quite sure what the answer would be and that's why I haven't done anything...

It's just so hard to go on, especially when there's no-one to talk to and it feels like God doesn't help at all. Not my family nor my friends know about it, because I act like I was happy all the time... I've only just told my very best friend how I feel. I have been depressed for quite long now and it won't get any better. Everything just goes so wrong. At times I feel so distressed mentally that I feel physically ill too and I really don't know what to do...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 am
There are a few quite specific sanctions expressed in the Quran against self-killing. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also assigns suicide to the lower levels of Hell.
God says explicitly in the Quran,
"And do not kill yourselves. Surely, God is Most Merciful to you". (Surah An-Nisa Verse 29)
In another verse of the Quran, God says:
"And do not throw yourselves in destruction". (Surah Al-Baqarah Verse 195)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so God said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him."

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell-fire (forever), and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself, he shall keep stabbing himself in the Hell-fire (forever)."

May God save us from this sin and give us all guidance to the straight path. .  

Islamic Teacher

Tyro Starblade

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 pm
Luminous Illusion
If I commit a suicide do I go to hell?

technicallly anyone who never believed in christ and that he is the son God would but if u belive in Jesus and hes the son of God then according to scripture and this is a well kept secret by the church but once yer saved yer always saved and any can never unsave u. BUT U CAN ALWAYS SEEK COMFORT IN THE LORD THROUGH PRAISE LIKE ON K-Love.com if u want.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:05 pm
To be honest suicide is a still a new concept for me. I've only know that one could kill themselves when I was in eight grade and a classmate committed suicide. To be honest I was angry that he would do such a thing. Before I had entered eighth grade I was bullied very harshly. I had no friend nor church I was apart of. One day I felt a crushing hallow feeling inside me everyday when I went to school. It stayed inside me and suffocated me to no end. One day I just that this is enough I don't want to hurt anymore. I could only think of how the this place would be better off with out my classmates. How I could be happy if they weren't there to tease me nor abuse me. The next I was moved to the upper-class because the teachers saw I was to smart for my current grade. I was so happy, that feeling as yet to return.

Though I didn't know the boy that committed suicide, I just felt so angry that he gave me this knowledge because I knew in my heart that there is always hope for situations to change, because we live in an ephemeral world. This world is evil and will always change, but God lasts forever.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.Matthew 6:33

If you are always searching for God he will show you the beauty of life. He will shine his grace upon you and you will realize that yes this life is painful, but God has given you a gift, that so many people do love you and will pray for you and help you. The first most important law is to love God with all your strength and all your mind, but remember the second is love your neighbor as yourself. Luke 10:27. I really enjoy this scripture because remember that the second gift God has ever given us, the fellowship. We are here for you to lean on, cry on, and hug on. Know that even though this church is virtual we are all connected in the Holy Spirit. We will listen, we will advice, and help as much as we can. Know that there are those around you who in real flesh and blood feel the same. But know that you need to cry out to God for him to hear you. He's there waiting for you to bah like a sheep so he can find you. Is he not the good shepherd looking for his lost sheep?Luke 15:1-7 Will the father not rejoice to see the son he though was dead was alive again? Luke 15:11-32 Just know that you are precious to God and that he will rejoice when you return.

And if this doesn't help, do what I did. Run like a coward away from those thoughts and just be a coward for God. Fill your head with his word, for the word is God, and God is living and active in your life. Know that we all here support you and that we can only pray for you, but please pray for yourself. Pray to God to change your heart, fill the void you have inside you with him. Keep a journal, write God letters, heck I drew out my plan for suicide in my prayer book and gave all that to Him. Know that running away from God in your weakness is true cowardice, but running away from suicide to God takes more courage.  

AcuteCastle

Beloved Hoarder

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items