View Results

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:34 pm
For those who don't know, Lolita is a type of J-Fashion (Japanese Fashion). In recent years, it's popularity has grown. There is some dispute on where the name comes from. See, Lolita style has nothing to do with the book Lolita. The best way to describe the style is to think of porcelain dolls, innocence.

I'm curious what type of Lolita style everyone is into? There is so many different styles and its interesting to see what is popular.

Personally, I like Qi, Cyber, Steampunk, and Gothic. I do branch out to Sweet and Punk once in awhile. I also like how Kodona and Guro looks, but I never got around to making one.

For those who would like to find out about the different styles, here are some links:

Wikipedia
LolitaFashion.org  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:11 pm
I'm a classic lolita. I wear some classic sweet sometimes, though. :3
I'll branch out into any style if I find a dress I like.  

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:14 pm
i'm not really into lolita (though i might draw something like it), but i seem to make some lolita-style avis...
here's a link to a thread about it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:23 pm
Kitalpha Hart
i'm not really into lolita (though i might draw something like it), but i seem to make some lolita-style avis...

That thread has some good information, but some misleading info as well. I would suggest this website for a better definition and info.
Lolita Fashion  

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

That thread has some good information, but some misleading info as well. I would suggest this website for a better definition and info.
Lolita Fashion

it's a start

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

Lolita Fashion

it's a start

I would rather people get their starts with more reliable information.  

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:37 pm
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

Lolita Fashion

it's a start

/pulls a teacher, including grouchy-mocking voice
then don't use Wikipedia, that can be edited by anyone and is unreliable and nag nag nag nag nag
sorry.
it's got pics of it, are those at least somewhat accurate to their labels?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 pm
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

Lolita Fashion

it's a start

then don't use Wikipedia, that can be edited by anyone and is unreliable and nag nag nag nag nag
sorry.

Why are you getting so mad about this?
Also, I don't use wikipedia for my information? And the link I posted wasn't from wikipedia. It it a website for lolitas that talks about lolita fashion in detail and gives a better overview than that thread. It also lacks the misleading and wrong information and gives more accurate descriptions. It also has better example pictures.
I'm really confused as to where that came from, and it was rather rude.  

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 pm
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

Lolita Fashion

it's a start

sorry.

Also, I don't use wikipedia for my information? And the link I posted wasn't from wikipedia. It it a website for lolitas that talks about lolita fashion in detail and gives a better overview than that thread. It also lacks the misleading and wrong information and gives more accurate descriptions. It also has better example pictures.

what, have you never heard teachers rant about Wikipedia? i was joking, hence the sorry in the same post.
*siiiiiiighhhhhh* no one understands my sense of humor... cat_emo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 pm
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

it's a start

sorry.

what, have you never heard teachers rant about Wikipedia? i was joking, hence the sorry in the same post.

Humor is funny. Besides, I'd consider wikipedia more reliable than a forum post made by one person. *shrug*  

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:01 pm
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

it's a start

sorry.

Humor is funny. Besides, I'd consider wikipedia more reliable than a forum post made by one person. *shrug*

humor is different for each and every person. i inherited my dad's sense of humor, which most people don't understand. so i might find it funny, and it'll go over the head of others, or they think it's an insult or some such. :shrug: nothing i can do about that
however, the internet on the fritz is no laughing matter. that means my mom is online, playing stupid Facebook games emotion_facepalm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:07 pm
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

sorry.

humor is different for each and every person. i inherited my dad's sense of humor, which most people don't understand. so i might find it funny, and it'll go over the head of others, or they think it's an insult or some such. :shrug: nothing i can do about that
however, the internet on the fritz is no laughing matter. that means my mom is online, playing stupid Facebook games emotion_facepalm

I hope you don't think that, when someone doesn't think you're funny, it has "gone over their head." I have a friend who inherited her dad's sense of humor; it involves insults and ridiculous and loud mentally handicapped people. It isn't funny, but when we don't laugh she (and her father) say we are too dumb to understand it. Honestly, your "humor" did come as an attack: You presented my source as if it had no value in order to elevate your own.  

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Brandisher 100

Hotau

Sweet Lunatic

14,825 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 pm
Hmm I like punk/gothic lolita =P  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:10 pm
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart
TheAnneh
Kitalpha Hart

sorry.

I hope you don't think that, when someone doesn't think you're funny, it has "gone over their head." I have a friend who inherited her dad's sense of humor; it involves insults and ridiculous and loud mentally handicapped people. It isn't funny, but when we don't laugh she (and her father) say we are too dumb to understand it. Honestly, your "humor" did come as an attack: You presented my source as if it had no value in order to elevate your own.

...if that's how you see it, then.

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

TheAnneh

Girl-Crazy Raider

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200