Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
The Psalters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:38 am
I recently discovered a great band called The Psalters.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymYxv7MT6pQ

I love this song because it reminds me of a trip to Colombia that I took in July. The musical style is a bit reminiscent of african and latin american music. There was one night in Colombia where we went on a prayer march. We prayed over the entire neighborhood. Now, we were in one of the poorest neighborhoods of Bogota, so you can understand the need for prayer. The lyrics also reminded me of Colombia because there is much oppression and inequality going on in Colombia. It's staggering, really.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 am
Only those strong in their faith can sing to YHWH in the middle of affliction. Reminds me of Paul and Silas in Acts 16:25-28, when they got whipped and imprisoned for speaking the gospel; their wounds are fresh, no one tended to them, so they must be in pain and yet they started praying and singing hymns to YHWH in that dark dungeon of a prison. The other prisoners must've been looking at them like, "are you crazy? look at your situation, you're worse off than us. How can you be singing about God at a time like this?" I think that's why YHWH chose to break open those prison doors and have all the prison chains drop from the prisoners arms. As I'm typing, it sounds like it should be some metaphor for "oh the shackles of their unbelief fell away", that could very well be the case, but the earth quaked, the doors literally opened, and the chains literally dropped; the prison guard was about to commit suicide when he woke up because he thought all the prisoners had escaped. YHWH works miracles and glorifies his own name if we unwaveringly exhibit our faith, even in the middle of affliction or dark times.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

kdke

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 am
I looooooove The Psalters! They're amazing. ♥ One of my #1 Christian bands.

I love how they have songs about Christianity and the bible, but also about humanity in general. They get a lot of their inspiration from Dorothy Day, and I really like Dorothy Day. 3nodding

Don't know if you heard Hosanna and the Lord's Prayer from The Psalters yet. If you haven't, they're good songs.

Edit: Scarf Dance is also very good. Heck... lots of their songs are good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:15 pm
I love that there are other christians out there who are pacifists for Jesus' sake.  

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items