15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 am
User Image
ӍȿȿӍѻѻȵӱ
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ⒨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⒨≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
I just was dropped from two classes, due to "absences." I was in surgery. To receive my scholarship money, I need to pass with at least 12 credit hours. Since two classes dropped me, I only have six. Which means, I not only have to pay for the dropped classes, but the enrolled ones as well. I don't have a job, because no one wants me, and I can barely afford food. Please, please help me....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:56 am
I'm so sorry for what's happening to you. :c

Have you tried talking with those in charge of your scholarship? Maybe if you present evidence of your surgery they may give you a break.
Also, why doesn't anyone want to give you a job? D:

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Cinnabun Gryffie

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:02 am
v i n d e m i a m

I know for sure why no one wants to hire me. I don't have experience, have no friends to be references, and am too ADHD to focus very long...

I've tried talking to the DEAN of my school, but my surgery isn't a "valid" excuse for not being in class.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:18 am
MissMoony13
v i n d e m i a m

I know for sure why no one wants to hire me. I don't have experience, have no friends to be references, and am too ADHD to focus very long...

I've tried talking to the DEAN of my school, but my surgery isn't a "valid" excuse for not being in class.

I have to facepalm. How is surgery not a "valid" excuse for not being in class?!!
Ugh, I can get in an uproar about this kind of thing and the stupid "rules"!
It's right there next to "we can't give you health insurance because you have pre-existing conditions". Ridiculous!
stressed

*breathes and relaxes*

Okay...

Well, I understand how hard it is to find a job when you have no experience and can't focus (I have that problem, too). But you gotta persevere. Fill out applications in ALL OF THE STORES. I have a friend, he's home-schooled, who recently got a job at a McD's (not having any experience) and he's now on his way to a Manager position.
It's possible!
First and foremost: determination.
You don't want to remain in these circumstances for too long. So you gotta get up and do something.
Build up your confidence. Make a list of all the skills you have to offer: fast learner, people person, stuff like that.  

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Cinnabun Gryffie

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 am
v i n d e m i a m

I have to facepalm. How is surgery not a "valid" excuse for not being in class?!!
Ugh, I can get in an uproar about this kind of thing and the stupid "rules"!
It's right there next to "we can't give you health insurance because you have pre-existing conditions". Ridiculous!
stressed

*breathes and relaxes*

Okay...

Well, I understand how hard it is to find a job when you have no experience and can't focus (I have that problem, too). But you gotta persevere. Fill out applications in ALL OF THE STORES. I have a friend, he's home-schooled, who recently got a job at a McD's (not having any experience) and he's now on his way to a Manager position.
It's possible!
First and foremost: determination.
You don't want to remain in these circumstances for too long. So you gotta get up and do something.
Build up your confidence. Make a list of all the skills you have to offer: fast learner, people person, stuff like that.

My thoughts exactly! I even had doctor papers!!! I'll keep applying, and when (if) I get a job, I'll post it, okey?! Thanks for all the advice! <3  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 am
MissMoony13
My thoughts exactly! I even had doctor papers!!! I'll keep applying, and when (if) I get a job, I'll post it, okey?! Thanks for all the advice! <3

You are most welcome!
And, as the Koreans say: Hwaiting*! ^u^/
Wish I had more advice, though.

{ * If you have seen a Korean drama or any Korean show, you might notice that they use the word “Hwaiting”.

It’s from the English word “Fighting”. It is an expression to “cheer” oneself, or others on – to work harder, to persevere. It is a very useful expression and Koreans usually say it fist clenched. }  

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Cinnabun Gryffie

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 pm
v i n d e m i a m

Diolch i chi am y cyfan! ~ As we Welsh like to say! This means "Thank you for the world!" My usual language, however, is ASL. I'm deaf, and that might contribute to my inability to land a job...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:35 pm
MissMoony13
I'm deaf, and that might contribute to my inability to land a job...

if it does, i believe that is 'discrimination'
but i might be wrong. it might be that you're not qualified because you can't get experience.
how can you get experience if you can't get a job?
and surgery isn't a valid excuse? ask the dean if they want to see the scar!
some people are so stupid -.-l|l

i took ASL for my foreign language~

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 pm
MissMoony13
User Image
ӍȿȿӍѻѻȵӱ
I just was dropped from two classes, due to "absences." I was in surgery. To receive my scholarship money, I need to pass with at least 12 credit hours. Since two classes dropped me, I only have six. Which means, I not only have to pay for the dropped classes, but the enrolled ones as well. I don't have a job, because no one wants me, and I can barely afford food. Please, please help me....
Loans...
I don't think we live in the same country but usually people that cannot afford to pay their study will apply for loans of the School itself or the Government.
You should seek help at your Finance Aid at your school I'm sure it has one. Seek info about it !  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games