Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe
Identifiying Fellow Selfies Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you be interested in displaying a small TM badge in your signature?
Yea
93%
 93%  [ 40 ]
Nay
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Absolutely! I'd even like to design the badge.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 43

Vvladimir

Draconian Titan

26,490 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:20 pm
Hey guys!

I know that a lot of people are coming over to Gaia since TM's cataclysmic announcement. Some are returning to old accounts while others are creating new accounts; but more still are making their very first gaia account and they feel a little bit lost and confused.

I was thinking, wouldn't it be great if we could identify each other immediately out in the wilds of the Gaian forums-establish camaraderie and unite by a common loss. Perhaps we could create a small badge of some sort to put in our signatures which would identify us as survivors of the Great Selfy Town Apocalypse of 2012.

Would anyone be interested in helping make/displaying a small badge of some sort? whee

If you've got any ideas or designs, thoughts or input, please just post them here! I'm a designer myself, so I'll be trying to come up with something you'd all be proud to display, but I'm not so skilled with small scale projects, so I just know there's someone better for the job than myself!

TMFailStar has created this design! I think it's really nice-it really looks like TinierMe to me.

For those of you who want to design something but lack a program to do so, I found this neat little website where you can make pixel art online. I only played around with it momentarily, but if you're interested, maybe you could give it a shot?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:52 pm
I'm definitely for that!

If I may suggest, have everyone who would like to help design the badge submit their versions of a possible badge - then from there, hold another poll to decide which design everyone can agree on.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

MatchingHeartbeats

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:57 pm
Hello there awesome <3

I really like that idea smile

I am new to Gaia myself, and I would feel a comfort in seeing other old Tinier Me users who have also come to Gaia because of the shutting of TM. It would be a very nice little reminder for me of the past, especially after December 10th happens, and the whole site shuts down. A little reminder of the happiness and that we're old members of Tinier Me would make me feel a little comfort. And I'll feel happy to see another player with the badge if I would come across them randomly. It's just something we all have in common, and knits us together in a warm way even though that site will be gone. It would be very nice :')  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:59 pm
Veiss Wynd
I'm definitely for that!

If I may suggest, have everyone who would like to help design the badge submit their versions of a possible badge - then from there, hold another poll to decide which design everyone can agree on.

Yay! I hope that we can get some support for the idea! That would amazing! I'd love to see what people can come up with! I'm thinking just a small icon so that people can still have whatever else they want in their signature without it taking up too much space.  

Vvladimir

Draconian Titan

26,490 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Brilliant Light 450

Vvladimir

Draconian Titan

26,490 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 pm
MatchingHeartbeats
Hello there awesome <3

I am new to Gaia myself, and I would feel a comfort in seeing other old Tinier Me users who have also come to Gaia because of the shutting of TM. It would be a very nice little reminder for me of the past, especially after December 10th happens, and the whole site shuts down. A little reminder of the happiness and that we're old members of Tinier Me would make me feel a little comfort. And I'll feel happy to see another player with the badge if I would come across them randomly. It's just something we all have in common, and knits us together in a warm way even though that site will be gone. It would be very nice :')

Thanks, Cutie! I'm glad you like the idea too!

I feel like it would just be a nice little reminder as you go on about your business on gaia.

Now, if we can just get some designs! I could try a few, but I'm not much with working on a small scale. I'll give it a try though.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:06 pm
Vvladimir
MatchingHeartbeats
Hello there awesome <3

I feel like it would just be a nice little reminder as you go on about your business on gaia.

Now, if we can just get some designs! I could try a few, but I'm not much with working on a small scale. I'll give it a try though.

Yep definitely. It would be a sweet reminder :') I'm going to miss TM. That is what brought me to even start Gaia after all, and even after it's gone, I'd like something here that feels close to it.

Ohh~
Hmm, I'm not extremely good at designs. (not good at all actually LOL) But I'd still be very happy to put in some ideas :'D I really do want this.
I'll think of something that would be meaningful and come back to this thread with it <3  

MatchingHeartbeats

Beloved Friend

Vvladimir

Draconian Titan

26,490 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:08 pm
MatchingHeartbeats
Vvladimir
MatchingHeartbeats
Hello there awesome <3

Yep definitely. It would be a sweet reminder :') I'm going to miss TM. That is what brought me to even start Gaia after all, and even after it's gone, I'd like something here that feels close to it.

Ohh~
Hmm, I'm not extremely good at designs. (not good at all actually LOL) But I'd still be very happy to put in some ideas :'D I really do want this.
I'll think of something that would be meaningful and come back to this thread with it <3

Awesome! I'd be happy to try and utilize your ideas! I could try my hand at pixeling for this, and I could use any ideas you've got! ♥  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:09 pm
Vvladimir
Veiss Wynd
I'm definitely for that!

Yay! I hope that we can get some support for the idea! That would amazing! I'd love to see what people can come up with! I'm thinking just a small icon so that people can still have whatever else they want in their signature without it taking up too much space.

I was thinking of maybe sending out an announcement to advertise this idea. Thing is, we still have many people joining us pretty frequently, so I'd wait a little later, when things start settling down.
I imagine this place wont really become particularly lively until TM is shut down on Dec 10, since we still have the forums and diaries and groups to talk.

I'd love to see what designs you might come up with! I'd like to design something as well, although I find myself pretty preoccupied at the moment with an experiment D;

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

MatchingHeartbeats

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:12 pm
Vvladimir
MatchingHeartbeats
Vvladimir
MatchingHeartbeats
Hello there awesome <3

Ohh~

Awesome! I'd be happy to try and utilize your ideas! I could try my hand at pixeling for this, and I could use any ideas you've got! ♥

It would be very, very awesome <33 :') I look forward to working together~~ biggrin
And it would be to see other's ideas for designs for those who are interested in this as well surprised )  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:13 pm
Veiss Wynd
Vvladimir
Veiss Wynd
I'm definitely for that!

I was thinking of maybe sending out an announcement to advertise this idea. Thing is, we still have many people joining us pretty frequently, so I'd wait a little later, when things start settling down.
I imagine this place wont really become particularly lively until TM is shut down on Dec 10, since we still have the forums and diaries and groups to talk.

I'd love to see what designs you might come up with! I'd like to design something as well, although I find myself pretty preoccupied at the moment with an experiment D;

That would be phenomenal! As more people join we should get some of the really talented pixel artists I think, and that would be optimum for creating a badge of this sort, methinks. We could just toss around ideas for a while and then finally choose once once TM is officially kaput.

No pressure, but I'd be very interested in what you could make as well!  

Vvladimir

Draconian Titan

26,490 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Brilliant Light 450

De Tomaat

Aged Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:55 pm
That's a way better idea than the thing we talked about the other day xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:00 pm
Vvladimir

That would be phenomenal! As more people join we should get some of the really talented pixel artists I think, and that would be optimum for creating a badge of this sort, methinks. We could just toss around ideas for a while and then finally choose once once TM is officially kaput.

I wanna share what I was just working on. Although it would be a cool idea for signatures, I think the file itself might be too big. I dunno how well it would run for people who have slower computers and/or internet. It's not really badge material, unless it were bigger badge than the initial small "just a badge"I think we had in mind. What I could do though is make it even smaller, and then maybe an even smaller badge could be made from it. This one would be more of a gamer-style stats badge.

Basically, I just turned my selfy into a gif, and it worked, and it's all pretty too ; u;
link

I'll make a thread for it somewhere. I want to at least share how I did it in case someone else wants to do it. It was a bit of work to get the result.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Is a Walrus

Lazy Noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:03 pm
tl;dr

But.. Hello there Vvlad! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:07 pm
I support your idea ; v; b

I am bad at designing badges but I can try too XD  

TripleCritical

Noble Explorer

Vvladimir

Draconian Titan

26,490 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:30 pm
Veiss Wynd
Vvladimir

I wanna share what I was just working on. Although it would be a cool idea for signatures, I think the file itself might be too big. I dunno how well it would run for people who have slower computers and/or internet. It's not really badge material, unless it were bigger badge than the initial small "just a badge"I think we had in mind. What I could do though is make it even smaller, and then maybe an even smaller badge could be made from it. This one would be more of a gamer-style stats badge.

Basically, I just turned my selfy into a gif, and it worked, and it's all pretty too ; u;
link

I'll make a thread for it somewhere. I want to at least share how I did it in case someone else wants to do it. It was a bit of work to get the result.

Wow! That's impressive! Beautiful quality and everything. I think it's a bit big-like you said, but I'm sure many people would be interested in saving their Selfies like that.

I can see that being a good way to go as long as we were able to capture a lot of Selfies before the site closes. I'm sure people would want personalized ones though, which will pose a problem once Dec. 10th comes and goes.

Nice work though! I'd be interested to know who you accomplished that.  
TinierMe

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff