Submit

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:10 am
This is the actual RP thread, not a ******** interest thread, so please don't post here yet. What's written here is not the official version, either. It's just a basic summary for me to elaborate on later and to show a teaser for those who might be interested. It's going to be a 1x1, but if more people are interested in this sort of setting I can accept extra characters from other people - but do beware that this will only be after the main role I'm looking for is filled. mad

--

The mirthful god of dreams and nightmares is known for his unpredictability, ruthlessness, and of course his inability to think beyond the moment. His mood and behavior is almost constantly changing, for better or for worse. He might hug and dote on you one minute only to try and rip your throat out the next. A violent child in a world of psychotic back-stabbing adults, this god has caused more trouble and mortal wars than any other on the pantheon - which is saying something considering how axe-crazy the rest are if you catch my drift.

The goddess of blood, despite her reputation amongst mortals as a highly treacherous and deceitful divine being, is probably the most stable within the godly pantheon. (Which isn't saying much.) All her life - immortal and otherwise - she has served as a mediator and a pacifier for her people. Civil and polite, helpful and insightful, she almost sounds decent to be around. Well, until you consider the fact that she's a bit of a control freak.

The leader of the gods, tired of his most chaotic son causing his latest migraines, decides to open up a position on the pantheon to one of the holy maidens in his service - assuming that she can marry the loony b*****d and keep him under control. (Or at least under more control than he is now.) As one can imagine, that holy maiden was of course the newly appointed Goddess of Blood.

The main conflict, more than anything, is how the lead characters' personalities conflict with one another and how they either gradually grow to accept and possibly like each other later on or how they grow to loathe each other more and more until literal murder attempts are made. (With the gods' psychology in this world, both happening at once is sadly quite possible.) That all depends on how things go between the characters and what exactly happens.

---

Until the top two characters are filled, I won't be accepting any other characters or roles or whatever. Obviously, as I always play female leads, I'm playing the Goddess of Blood.

Also, the gods' domains are both literal and symbolic. I will get more into that s**t once I actually start building this beyond this crappy, overly long summary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:02 am
[align=center][size=9][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b] Place on the Pantheon, or for reoccuring non-gods, their place in the divine hierarchy.
[b]Domain:[/b] A small blurb on the domain you represent, such as Dreams/Nightmares, Blood, Parenthood, ect. ect. Include both literal and symbolic traits of said domain. For reoccuring NPCs of an already used domain, just copy+paste from the original.
[b]Bio:[/b] The legend/story/whatever, as mortals -or- gods might know it, of how this character came to be as they are at the start of the RP - or at the start of their introduction depending.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Pics of Description work fine
[b]Other:[/b] Extra info[/size][/align]

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 am
Username: Ayame-Yuura
Name: Ezekiel
Position: God of Dreams and Nightmares
Domain: Dreams and Nightmares
Bio: Mortals love and fear this god. For one, he is known to give beautiful dreams that rejuvenate the mind. For another, he is known to give destructive nightmares of violence and hate. No one on earth really understands his story beyond knowing that he was once a peaceful god that one day suddenly just snapped. To the gods, however, he is feared for his unpredictability and power over the subconscious (the involuntary, that which an individual cannot contol), which is his throne. What they do know, however, is that one day out of curiosity, he descended to earth. When he had returned, he was so shaken and changed by what he saw. He was never the same (for more than an hour) again. He can be very fickle, sometimes bent on causing trouble for mortals and gods alike and sometimes showing poetically speaking of bliss. One can never really tell his mood from one moment to the next. He can be as naive as a child in one moment and as sly as a bandit the next. He does, however, have a unifying feeling of disgust for human violence and bloodshed and at the same time, a love for the beautiful preciousness of fleeting mortal lives. He is torn on having them destroy themselves or each other and showing them the beauty in their own minds.
Appearance: Ezekiel has soft gray eyes paired with expressive lips. With these, he can look angelic one moment and demonic the next. He has a tall and thin frame with snow white hair often disheveled in a strangely attractive way.
Others: He is known as Zeke to some and Kiel to others. Kiel as the god of dreams and Zeke as the god of nightmares. Some interchange it. Idiots think it's two different people when in truth, mortals simply want to not blame the same god who gave them good dreams for their horrid nightmares. He himself prefers neither name over the other.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 pm
Username: Animeprincess_9400
Name: Myra
Position: (New) Goddess of Blood
Domain: Blood. In its most basic sense, it is literally the red goopy liquid that flows through the veins of all living human beings. In its more symbolic sense, blood can represent unity and interpersonal bonds. Some can even go so far as to say that blood represents familial ties and trust. For the latter, considering how Myra began her ascension into goddesshood, is quite hilarious in hindsight.
Bio: Myra is quite new to the pantheon of gods, having only recently ascended due to a previous service for the Father of the Gods she'd committed in her life as an ordinary but blessed mortal woman. Whatever it was that she had done, though, left her a very jaded and controlling woman. Violence no longer bothers her as it did in life, especially not if it has something to due with the human sacrifices that fuel her power, although one should note that she herself isn't all that violent when push comes to shove. She is supposed to represent unity and the bond held between family in its most symbollic sense, but that rings hollow to those who know how she got where she was today. Her life was originally to be ended to preserve that of her mortal people, to protect the land in which they live and to shed her blood in a fertility ritual for some lesser deity. Wishing to live her life free of such restraints she fled as far as she could, taking shelter in a temple of the God King and doing work in his service in return for a chance at a life she was originally never supposed to have. As a result, her family and her old home fell into great disrepair. Crops would not grow, the peoples' fertility was at an all time low, and of course her absense left a great tension that inevitably tore her people apart. So, in short, her betrayal of all that she once knew was what set her on the pathway of becoming a true goddess.
Appearance: Practice Sketch
Other: Myra has red tribal-looking tattoos all over her body.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 am
Ayame-Yuura

{Okay, I've got my profile up! Next time I get online, would you like me to do the opening post? Or would you like to do the honors?}

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:12 am
(( Yes, do the honors, please~ For opening plot and setting description sake. xP ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am
{Very well. ^.^}

Even if pressed, Mara could never describe the godly realm in which she now lived as anything other than perplexing. (Or quite possibly frustrating, but saying something like that did not seem very polite.) There were no definite pathways, no certain laws of reality or reason that must be obeyed. It was not difficult to get lost in the nothingness between each god's realm, let alone getting lost in the bizarre realms themselves. One could walk left and it would be right. One could jump and they would go lower. Echoes of a thousand indiscernable voices could faintly be heard wherever one went, but if one strained to listen they would rapidly fade away. Some of the godly realms had their own unique look or formation to them, but they were just as deceitful to the eyes and senses as anywhere else. Or was that simply the law of Ezekiel's domain, and she'd possibly been tricked into believing that she'd been anywhere else. Sometimes Mara wondered if her inability to comprehend this chaotic world was due to her feeble mortal mind, or if the gods were genuinely trying to anger and annoy her as much as possible. After all, she was the 'new kid'. The wannabe that got promoted ten times above her proper station. Or as some might understand it, a noob who just didn't understand the game. That possibility just made her angrier as she tried to get used to the freeform chaos of the place. Mara hated the thought of anything being so chaotic, so unrestrained and undefined. But she would suffer through it. She made her promise, and like clockwork she would preform the duties she'd taken on in order to preserve her life. As one can imagine, she mentally fumed and ranted about anything that wasn't even remotely organized as she saw fit - even if it was something as simple and insignificant as a stray hair. This gave Mara a reputation as a bit of a spacy individual, which annoyed her to no end.

{Sorry for the crappy post.}

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:10 am

Ezekiel's realm was full with mortal dreams. Navigating through it was like glimpsing the many sceneries from many mortal dreams. That was what made it appear confusing, other than that its pathways were generally vague and did not really lead anywhere unless it was willed by the god or person in transit. Being in his realm was much like having a lucid dream.

"What are you doing here?" an initial hollow voice began in a drowsy and rather disappointed tone. Echoes followed it, coming from different angles of the realm, giving no sign of where the voice came from.

"This is my realm. What are you doing here?" the voice said calmly again, followed by its several ensuing echoes that sounded like whispers. They sounded individually different. Some were loud, some were soft. Some sounded from afar and some sounded like the words were said in earshot.

A white cloud-ish replica of mortal streets with oddly-placed brick arches and bridges that was behind Mara began to part and connect with each other, forming a pathway for the god who was approaching. Ezekiel buttoned up his long-sleeved silken shirt, a thick white cape hanging loosely over his shoulder, as he walked firmly down the pathway that created itself for him. He passed by Mara casually as though she were never even there and right in front of him formed the image of a pristine waterfall and the ground below his feet became the edge of a high cliff.

"Fascinating, but soon to pass.
Imaginative, but from the past.
Personal, but can't be ruled.
What is it?"

After reciting the riddle, he turned to face Mara, an angelic, calm expression on his face. He held a contemplative look about him as though he, himself, were straining to solve the riddle he had presented. He stood, awaiting her response to his queries as he looked her over disinterestedly.

((OOC: I was gonna post a while ago but duty calls =3= ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:14 pm
{That's perfectly fine, don't worry.
Also, crap I noticed I posted 'Mara' instead of 'Myra' in my last post. XD}

It took much effort for Myra to suppress her feelings of irritation at the disorganization and fluidity of all that surrounded her. She fought hard to keep down the bile that tried to rise in her throat as she was reminded just how helpless she was, how easy it was for the gods to take advantage of her cluelessness in their given realms. Given how nothing serious was happening at the moment beyond her being discovered by Ezekiel, it is quite easy to see that despite the facade of serenity she kept she was actually quite the melodrama queen. She was a melodrama queen with a meticulous love for organization and order, which was why she replied to everything the god said in chronological order. "I apologize, but I've gotten lost again. I haven't the slightest idea of how I ended up here." Her words were tinted with embarassment and a speck of hidden anger. "As for your...riddle...I suppose the answer you are looking for is a dream?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:13 am

Ezekiel's face contorted into a rigid frown when he heard her answer. There was a certain fiery darkness that filled his gray eyes. He looked so filled with anger and hate that one could imagine him breathing fire at any moment now. He replied to her in a deep and singular voice seething with quiet rage this time, "That's right. This is my dream. And you are not welcome here."

He held out his hand in front of her, shooting out a great fireball, in a blink of an eye. Suddenly, as the fireball came too close and about to singe Myra to a crisp, the two were sitting in a land of pink clouds, on high-back chairs decorated with metal hearts. Those chairs surrounded a round table covered with white cloth. Teapots and tea cups were scattered around the table and a few over-sized goofy and stitched-up stuffed animals were seated as well around the table. "I'm sorry about that. What would you like?", Ezekiel said with a sweet smile as he poured Myra a cup of warm tea from the strangely large and oddly-shaped teapot on the table.

((OOC: Whoopsie daisy~ I made a mistake too! XD ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 am
Myra's stoic act nearly crumbled at the sight of Ezekiel's rage, her life flashing before her eyes right before his more pleasant side showed and brought her to a...teddybear tea party of all things? She bit her lip hard, finding it difficult to resist the urge to scream every vulgar obscenity and wicked word that she knew. No longer looking calm and graceful as she had before, she looked at the man in pure disbelief as her rapidly beating heart tried its damndest to recover from the shock. "I.." A couple moments passed as she tried to think of how to properly articulate her words without offending him overly much. Myra wasn't always good at that sort of thing, though, so her 'efforts' consisted mostly of hoping and mentally begging nothing in particular for him to take her words as intended. "I...I would like a small bit of assistance, nothing more. All I need is to know how to head back to my realm and I will leave you be, if you so desire."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 am

Ezekiel completely ignored everything Myra had said, paying attention to a child that had opened a door to the pink, cloudy realm. It was a brunette child in a pink polka dot dress no older than six and had well-rounded pink cheeks. She looked about curiously until she spotted Ezekiel who was quietly gazing at her like a parent figure waiting for their child to return from being lost. As though naturally attracted to the silvery-haired god, she approached clumsily, trying not to trip on her feet.

"Ah, the dreamer!", Ezekiel said excitedly in a decidedly Italian-sounding accent different from how he spoke a while ago. He hoisted the little girl up to his knee and turned to Mara whilst stroking the hair of the girl sitting on his lap. He asked very calmly with a slight raise of the eyebrow and a tilt of the head, "You were saying?"

((OOC: ))

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash