Hair Extension Questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

woptt

Beloved Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:03 pm
I really wasn't sure where to put this so I thought this would be the place. (Since hair is can be fashionable... sort of...)

So at the moment I have clip in extensions, but I was thinking of switching to gluing them in myself. (New extension of course. I will buy new ones and what not, not use the old clip in ones.) I've had these clip in for a while, and they're looking pretty bad. (Clips are falling off, hair just looks bad overall) I have looked into it some, but not too much.
I have some questions though, and I figured this was a good place to get all these questions answered. Even if you don't know much or only know the answer to one question, please answer!!

1. Should I switch and is this safe to do at home? (Like, can I do this by myself?)

2. Does the glue hurt your hair in anyway? (Does the glue break your hair, or something?)

3. How long do the extensions stay in? (I've read around a week or two)

4. How often can you wash the extensions? (I know you should not wash it like regular hair, but run it through your hands with shampoo, something that's not oil-based)

5. How do you take the extensions off? (I read that there are some substances that can help loosen the glue, but I also read that leaving conditioner in your hair helps)

6. Is there anything important I should know? (Maybe like getting a professional to show me first or....? Is this a good, bad idea?)

I see a popular YouTuber with extensions all the time and she glues them in herself, and her hair looks amazing. Are there any tips, such as using certain shampoo brands, how to apply them safely onto your hair, anything important I should know?

Even if you are against me doing this, I would still like to have questions answered. It would be mighty helpful and it would help your argument onto why I shouldn't get them.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm
take care of your extensions:By buying the specialty shampoo so they don't fall out prematurely. Wear it in a ponytail at night ( or wrap it with a scarf.)so its not matted in the morning. Don't use your regular products on them.

If you wanna take them out (with an oil based product, or specialty remover shampoo) your hair to be noticeably thinner than before, and It takes a while to get back to normal length.
Also purchase good hair. Not Yak or synthetic, But human hair.

Hope this helps. ^.^
---> http://www.the-complete-peruke-guide.com/glue-in-hair-extensions-2.html <--- thats a good website to read about it. : o

Sega Queen

Angelic Kitten

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 am
iSpies

I also use clip in extensions, I hair the slowest growing hair. emotion_0A0

Anyway, the other night I sat up and read loads of articles regarding
glue in extensions. After much research, I think I'll stick to the clip in
ones. I use my clip in ones every day and they've been good quality
since beginning of April, while glue in ones are super expensive and
stay in for a maximum of 4 months. There's also so much looking after
to do when it comes to the glue in ones. You got to be careful how
you wash your hair and with what, make sure your hair doesn't get
knotty or dreads will form, use a special brush and then when they
finally come out, they leave you will a lot of split ends.

Good luck though.
emotion_hug

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces